Lt. Commander
# 1 product code
09-09-2011, 12:46 PM
Hello, I got my game through steam and cause this game has its own launcher I dont use my steam. But recently i wanted to use my steam acc.... well there are a few ways to get it back, but Im having issues...

So I was wondering if in any of the emails or somewhere under my account is my product code for the game. Again I got the digital copy no box, if this doesnt work I may just have to go looking for a really old game I bought and activated via steam
Lt. Commander
# 2 pardon?
09-09-2011, 01:10 PM
If you got a copy from Steam, you should have 1 or 2 STO product keys in your library there (which, afaik, requires that you install the Steam client, even if it's just for a few minutes, to read them & copy/paste them to STO).

If that's not what you were asking, and you were wondering about reading your key from your STO account, then I don't know the answer to that. You won't need that key, though, if you've already entered it, as it's tied to your account forever.

Did this help?
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-09-2011, 03:05 PM
I have been playing the game for some time now, as my earlier post indicates, There is no key that I can find on under my account. Under key activation I have an un used key but its a 5 day trial buddy key

As I said I dont have the pass to my steam and Im having problems getting it back and I have yet to hear from the service people at steam.

I can play sto just fine, Im tryn to get the sto key so they can verify that I do own the steam account.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-11-2011, 09:45 PM
I filed a ticket, Thanks to people who fill out tickets, even if they dont see this post, I thank them!
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-12-2011, 09:33 AM
You sadly have to install and run STO from Steam to get it to activate keys for STO. After that you can remove it but make sure to back up/change the name of the current STO icon or Steam will take it over when it installs. Thankfully I have CO and can use its icon to log into STO too.