Lt. Commander
I guess my eyes are getting old or I am too used to the very distinguishing Fed colors (Blue/Red). I have a confusing time distinguishing the NPC Tan/Orange from the Hostile Yellow blips on the mini-map as a KDF. Is there any way to change the color user-side of the mini-map blips?

I suppose it isn't something horrible, as not all missions have areas where there are both NPCs and Hostiles that need delt with. Just a minor annoyance though and something to keep in mind should this be able to be adjusted in the future.

Qapla'!
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-10-2011, 11:00 AM
would love it to have the same blue red difference on the kdf side, general not a huge fan of all the red and darkness gives me headaches.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-10-2011, 11:22 AM
While I understand why they did it they way they did (Klingon displays in the shows and movies) I think they should have a KDF UI update, considering we've brought the Gorn, Nausicaans, Letheans, & Orion into the fold.

Red/Blue is good on the Fed-side because they're opposites in the passive/active ranges of colors.

Considering the KDFs new makeup, I could see a Red/Lime UI that would work.

And when the Romulans come in, Olive/Mauve.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-10-2011, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
While I understand why they did it they way they did (Klingon displays in the shows and movies) I think they should have a KDF UI update, considering we've brought the Gorn, Nausicaans, Letheans, & Orion into the fold.

Red/Blue is good on the Fed-side because they're opposites in the passive/active ranges of colors.

Considering the KDFs new makeup, I could see a Red/Lime UI that would work.

And when the Romulans come in, Olive/Mauve.
Very good examples. I totally agree, some contrasting colors/shades would be far better.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-11-2011, 03:31 AM
Red/green would be nice, since those are contrasting colors (if you're not colorblind). It also makes for a nice inversion of the 19th-21st Century Human convention of "Green is good, Red is bad".