Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I think we should go talk to Daniels new bosses. Maybe they can light a fire under him because in the year and a half plus since launch we paying KDF customers have certainly failed to do so. We have been mislead, and in a number of cases outright lied to. So the game is going F2P. So we're going to see an influx of klingon players about 2 weeks to a month after launch. I won't be a large influx , but it will happen.

I will be advising new Klingon players to not purchase C-Store items untill they they understand that whats there is primarily fluff. If Daniel wants to turn those folks into paying customers, he's going to have to finally produce actuall content, not fluff, content. And he is going to have a very very short window of opportunity to do so or he will loose those potential paying customers..... permanantly. And they will relate to others thier lack of a good experience.

The longer Crytpic faits to produce and release KDF content the worse its going to get. It staggers me that so called professionals in the industry have continued to make such an obvious bone headed stratigic errors. It appals me that the executive producer of the studio for STO has lied to his customers time and again for months on end. A simple examination of the facts by any reasonable minded person leads to the inescapable conclusion that Danial Stahl has purpously, and with forthought, and quite possibly maliciously chosen mislead STO customers. I say this because I find impossible to belive that anyone in this industry can be that abtuse, if not down right stupid. (and stormshade.. actually read this one this time, alright?)

Perfect world say they want to see end game PvP... I say to Perfect World Entertainment that we players fully agree. I also say to Perfect World Entertainment that to have PvP you must also have a full PvE progression to that end game to invest players in thier faction in a MMO. If this does not exist then you will not achive a balance of players sufficent to maintain a viable PvP enviorment. As proof of this I offer for examination what has already happened in STO

Federation vs Klingon PvP barely exists for the general player base. There is no incentive to do so from a story standpoint in the game universe. There is no form of PvP play other then arena play which is inappropriate and insufficient for a sci fi trek based MMO for any but the most hard core of MMO PvP players. Please note that I did not say Star Trek MMO players. The current PvP enviorment does not grab the general player base at all. Nor is it likely to as currently structured.

Before any real change can be effected there, the game needs a solid foundation to build apon to create the PvP enviorment and that come from PvE play, content and story line. This currently only exists for one faction in the game and that is the Federation player base which more then any other reason is WHY it is so much larger the the KDF player base. It is also been the reason why so many Klingon faction identified players have simply stopped playing.

Now the Klingon player are a dedicated bunch, those that are left, and with F2P many of them that have left the game may dive back in as long as they don't have to pay to play...for a month or two at most. If there is not a large amount of content for the Klingon faction in the form of PvE missions with distinct KDF storyline, and if the Klingon low level starting experience is not availible BEFORE the holiday season of 2011 my crystal ball says multi faction play in STO will be essentially dead.

Danial baby, you got till Christmas. You no longer have the luxury of putting this off. You certainly do not have the luxury of putting it off untill 2nd quarter of 2012 or later. That is simply far to long. You will not be able to hold the gaming publics attention. What PWE wants to see won't happen untill 2014 otherwise.... if at all. You have mostly gotten away with fooling your customers. You will NOT get away with fooling your boss. Perfect World KNOWS mmo's. And they know the industry. I don't care how good of a pitchman you are. Its that time.

SO dude.. Its time to listen.. You MUST expidite the KDF faction content. IT must move to the front burner. Everything else. BOFF system, and powers revamps, and new C-Store goodies need to wait. Unless thier actually allready done or can be finished witin the next 2 weeks by your own announced schedule of F2P release. I am an expert and I am telling you the game just changed more then you realize with F2P and you don't have a choice. You must start rolling KDF content out, and keep rolling it out for several months or your Cryptic and Perfect Worlds long term plans for STO will end up not happening untill much much further down the road if at all.

You need the KDF faction filled out to draw and keep paying customers. KDF has a much better chance of turning F2P players into paying players and at a greater rate then the Federation faction. Just look at the percentages of KDF players that are life time members. Look at that as a ratio of the number of KDF players and compare it to the same ratio generated from the Federation player base. Now, play with the numbers.. What do you see when the increase the KDF player base to eaquality with the Federation player base. That is your hint. That is what tells you that KDF play is going to be your lead converter of F2P to paid accounts.. SIlver to Gold.

But if the content isn't there..... no joy, no conversion, no money, and a shrinking player base in both factions once the first flush runs out. No development of end game massive PvP because there wont be the numbers or revenue to support it. Shinking staff, shrinking budget, and a bad rep with customers is what you'll have by no later then first quarter 2014. And the rep is all ready in danger. Look a round. The entire industry has noticed that faction imbalance is a very very bad thing if you have factions in a MMO. STO has shown steady ongoing notice in the press, but all of the industry rags, newstand and electronic have by now noticed that game lacks balance and this is viewed most negitivly.

I'd hate to see STO go away. I really would. But I know that if you do not change your attitude Mister Stahl your going to kill this MMO. You are going to kill it slowly, and painfully. Your the guy that tells everyone where to steer. You may not like hearing the constant griping by the KDF players but you've had over a year and a half to do something about it and you really haven't realy done diddly squat. a handfull of missions and a handfull of ships. Now you have to do a cute trick and basicly shut down the KDF start, and and eliminate the first 20 ranks of play for KDF. Then to magnify and compound the error of the recognition of what should have been done over a year ago new players are not going to be able to make a Klingon avatar untill they reach level 25 playing Federation. Wow. Yea, level 25.. yea thats just.. ah... yea.. read the above all over starting from the begining of this post then continue...

Right.. As I mentioned you dont have till next year to get the Klingon levels 1-20 done. It needs to be done this year. In fact..... Its needs to be done yesterday. And if your track record is anything to go by..
you dont have the resources to finish the DOFF system, restructure powers and abilities and rebalance them, get the next part of the Borg invasion ready to roll, get the games back end compleatly ready for F2P, and have extras servers and shards preconfigured and ready to go just in case the world decides to log in. You don't the resources to do all that and more, AND pump out the levels 1-20 KDF content.

So Daniel. Klingon tutorial and content to level 20, Fed Tutorial. Back end and infrastructure. A small change, allow Klingon players to roll into serius block to fight the Borg.. . the KDF players are just looking for accolades so once they get thier 200 kills thats it that can no longer show up with that toon. Temporary fix.. You can remove it when you get the DOFF system up. Its a little more important at the moment to please the customers you have. If you have the manpower and resources to actually do more then that then by all means work on some other things..

But dude, if you don't get the KDF content in game real fast, even if it has bugs... Bad things dude, bad bad things. If you can fix the bug fast, and then you expidite the rest of the KDF PvE. THEN.. you can go back to the pipe dreams. But frankly This is it. If you do not produce now, you will not have a game in two years. And I for one am a life time member and I will be watching. And I pretty much promise you, that you have a very short amount of time. I'm ready to tell perfect world I want your resignation now.
I want you specificly gone. And I'm awefully sure a great many of the KDF player base agrees with me at this point. So Mister Stahl, either get the KDF content into this game.... Or get out. And other then that, shut up because I don't want to hear any more lies from you, and niether do my fellow KDF players. Either pony up with what you have promised your customers for over a year and a half or clear out your desk. You lead us to belive certain things. And any more of the "well gosh that not quite what I said"
no longer is going wash with us. We do not have infinite patience.

I wonder if Stormshade appreciates just how much of a mess these forums are going to be if the current situation is not corrected by the F2P release date. And F2P is going to attracts a lot of really immature types to the game. Honest stormy, you'll look back on any of my posts that you have deleted with fond admiration of thier calm and moderation...... in comparison with what you will be seeing...
You may realy hate coming to work about a month after F2P going "Oh god, I have to read the forums.."
You got my pity Stormy
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
09-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Someone sum it up for me...

It's not so much the wall of text, but rather the fact that it is white text on black background...

Rookie mistake from whoever made the forum design.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
09-10-2011, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemaraa_Iron_Hand_KBF View Post
I think we should go talk to Daniels new bosses. Maybe they can light a fire under him because in the year and a half plus since launch we paying KDF customers have certainly failed to do so. We have been mislead, and in a number of cases outright lied to. So the game is going F2P. So we're going to see an influx of klingon players about 2 weeks to a month after launch. I won't be a large influx , but it will happen.

I will be advising new Klingon players to not purchase C-Store items untill they they understand that whats there is primarily fluff. If Daniel wants to turn those folks into paying customers, he's going to have to finally produce actuall content, not fluff, content. And he is going to have a very very short window of opportunity to do so or he will loose those potential paying customers..... permanantly. And they will relate to others thier lack of a good experience.

The longer Crytpic faits to produce and release KDF content the worse its going to get. It staggers me that so called professionals in the industry have continued to make such an obvious bone headed stratigic errors. It appals me that the executive producer of the studio for STO has lied to his customers time and again for months on end. A simple examination of the facts by any reasonable minded person leads to the inescapable conclusion that Danial Stahl has purpously, and with forthought, and quite possibly maliciously chosen mislead STO customers. I say this because I find impossible to belive that anyone in this industry can be that abtuse, if not down right stupid. (and stormshade.. actually read this one this time, alright?)

Perfect world say they want to see end game PvP... I say to Perfect World Entertainment that we players fully agree. I also say to Perfect World Entertainment that to have PvP you must also have a full PvE progression to that end game to invest players in thier faction in a MMO. If this does not exist then you will not achive a balance of players sufficent to maintain a viable PvP enviorment. As proof of this I offer for examination what has already happened in STO

Federation vs Klingon PvP barely exists for the general player base. There is no incentive to do so from a story standpoint in the game universe. There is no form of PvP play other then arena play which is inappropriate and insufficient for a sci fi trek based MMO for any but the most hard core of MMO PvP players. Please note that I did not say Star Trek MMO players. The current PvP enviorment does not grab the general player base at all. Nor is it likely to as currently structured.

Before any real change can be effected there, the game needs a solid foundation to build apon to create the PvP enviorment and that come from PvE play, content and story line. This currently only exists for one faction in the game and that is the Federation player base which more then any other reason is WHY it is so much larger the the KDF player base. It is also been the reason why so many Klingon faction identified players have simply stopped playing.

Now the Klingon player are a dedicated bunch, those that are left, and with F2P many of them that have left the game may dive back in as long as they don't have to pay to play...for a month or two at most. If there is not a large amount of content for the Klingon faction in the form of PvE missions with distinct KDF storyline, and if the Klingon low level starting experience is not availible BEFORE the holiday season of 2011 my crystal ball says multi faction play in STO will be essentially dead.

Danial baby, you got till Christmas. You no longer have the luxury of putting this off. You certainly do not have the luxury of putting it off untill 2nd quarter of 2012 or later. That is simply far to long. You will not be able to hold the gaming publics attention. What PWE wants to see won't happen untill 2014 otherwise.... if at all. You have mostly gotten away with fooling your customers. You will NOT get away with fooling your boss. Perfect World KNOWS mmo's. And they know the industry. I don't care how good of a pitchman you are. Its that time.

SO dude.. Its time to listen.. You MUST expidite the KDF faction content. IT must move to the front burner. Everything else. BOFF system, and powers revamps, and new C-Store goodies need to wait. Unless thier actually allready done or can be finished witin the next 2 weeks by your own announced schedule of F2P release. I am an expert and I am telling you the game just changed more then you realize with F2P and you don't have a choice. You must start rolling KDF content out, and keep rolling it out for several months or your Cryptic and Perfect Worlds long term plans for STO will end up not happening untill much much further down the road if at all.

You need the KDF faction filled out to draw and keep paying customers. KDF has a much better chance of turning F2P players into paying players and at a greater rate then the Federation faction. Just look at the percentages of KDF players that are life time members. Look at that as a ratio of the number of KDF players and compare it to the same ratio generated from the Federation player base. Now, play with the numbers.. What do you see when the increase the KDF player base to eaquality with the Federation player base. That is your hint. That is what tells you that KDF play is going to be your lead converter of F2P to paid accounts.. SIlver to Gold.

But if the content isn't there..... no joy, no conversion, no money, and a shrinking player base in both factions once the first flush runs out. No development of end game massive PvP because there wont be the numbers or revenue to support it. Shinking staff, shrinking budget, and a bad rep with customers is what you'll have by no later then first quarter 2014. And the rep is all ready in danger. Look a round. The entire industry has noticed that faction imbalance is a very very bad thing if you have factions in a MMO. STO has shown steady ongoing notice in the press, but all of the industry rags, newstand and electronic have by now noticed that game lacks balance and this is viewed most negitivly.

I'd hate to see STO go away. I really would. But I know that if you do not change your attitude Mister Stahl your going to kill this MMO. You are going to kill it slowly, and painfully. Your the guy that tells everyone where to steer. You may not like hearing the constant griping by the KDF players but you've had over a year and a half to do something about it and you really haven't realy done diddly squat. a handfull of missions and a handfull of ships. Now you have to do a cute trick and basicly shut down the KDF start, and and eliminate the first 20 ranks of play for KDF. Then to magnify and compound the error of the recognition of what should have been done over a year ago new players are not going to be able to make a Klingon avatar untill they reach level 25 playing Federation. Wow. Yea, level 25.. yea thats just.. ah... yea.. read the above all over starting from the begining of this post then continue...

Right.. As I mentioned you dont have till next year to get the Klingon levels 1-20 done. It needs to be done this year. In fact..... Its needs to be done yesterday. And if your track record is anything to go by..
you dont have the resources to finish the DOFF system, restructure powers and abilities and rebalance them, get the next part of the Borg invasion ready to roll, get the games back end compleatly ready for F2P, and have extras servers and shards preconfigured and ready to go just in case the world decides to log in. You don't the resources to do all that and more, AND pump out the levels 1-20 KDF content.

So Daniel. Klingon tutorial and content to level 20, Fed Tutorial. Back end and infrastructure. A small change, allow Klingon players to roll into serius block to fight the Borg.. . the KDF players are just looking for accolades so once they get thier 200 kills thats it that can no longer show up with that toon. Temporary fix.. You can remove it when you get the DOFF system up. Its a little more important at the moment to please the customers you have. If you have the manpower and resources to actually do more then that then by all means work on some other things..

But dude, if you don't get the KDF content in game real fast, even if it has bugs... Bad things dude, bad bad things. If you can fix the bug fast, and then you expidite the rest of the KDF PvE. THEN.. you can go back to the pipe dreams. But frankly This is it. If you do not produce now, you will not have a game in two years. And I for one am a life time member and I will be watching. And I pretty much promise you, that you have a very short amount of time. I'm ready to tell perfect world I want your resignation now.
I want you specificly gone. And I'm awefully sure a great many of the KDF player base agrees with me at this point. So Mister Stahl, either get the KDF content into this game.... Or get out. And other then that, shut up because I don't want to hear any more lies from you, and niether do my fellow KDF players. Either pony up with what you have promised your customers for over a year and a half or clear out your desk. You lead us to belive certain things. And any more of the "well gosh that not quite what I said"
no longer is going wash with us. We do not have infinite patience.

I wonder if Stormshade appreciates just how much of a mess these forums are going to be if the current situation is not corrected by the F2P release date. And F2P is going to attracts a lot of really immature types to the game. Honest stormy, you'll look back on any of my posts that you have deleted with fond admiration of thier calm and moderation...... in comparison with what you will be seeing...
You may realy hate coming to work about a month after F2P going "Oh god, I have to read the forums.."
You got my pity Stormy
You make some compelling points. I wonder who there is to contact at Perfect World with said grievances?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
09-10-2011, 11:52 AM
Pfft- ahahahaha.

This thread has gone to Plaid, and it's not even six posts in.


But thanks dude, this is the best laugh I've had all day.


EDIT: No seriously, when has anyone managed to 'force' the company to do anything in the past. "If this doesn't change, I WILL UNLEASH THE ULTIMATE POWER!"

Hahahahaha- yeah right.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
09-10-2011, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrus View Post
Pfft- ahahahaha.

This thread has gone to Plaid, and it's not even four posts in.


But thanks dude, this is the best laugh I've had all day.
What's plaid about this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemaraa_Iron_Hand_KBF View Post
I think we should go talk to Daniels new bosses. Maybe they can light a fire under him because in the year and a half plus since launch we paying KDF customers have certainly failed to do so. We have been mislead, and in a number of cases outright lied to. So the game is going F2P. So we're going to see an influx of klingon players about 2 weeks to a month after launch. I won't be a large influx , but it will happen.

I will be advising new Klingon players to not purchase C-Store items untill they they understand that whats there is primarily fluff. If Daniel wants to turn those folks into paying customers, he's going to have to finally produce actuall content, not fluff, content. And he is going to have a very very short window of opportunity to do so or he will loose those potential paying customers..... permanantly. And they will relate to others thier lack of a good experience.

The longer Crytpic faits to produce and release KDF content the worse its going to get. It staggers me that so called professionals in the industry have continued to make such an obvious bone headed stratigic errors. It appals me that the executive producer of the studio for STO has lied to his customers time and again for months on end. A simple examination of the facts by any reasonable minded person leads to the inescapable conclusion that Danial Stahl has purpously, and with forthought, and quite possibly maliciously chosen mislead STO customers. I say this because I find impossible to belive that anyone in this industry can be that abtuse, if not down right stupid. (and stormshade.. actually read this one this time, alright?)

Perfect world say they want to see end game PvP... I say to Perfect World Entertainment that we players fully agree. I also say to Perfect World Entertainment that to have PvP you must also have a full PvE progression to that end game to invest players in thier faction in a MMO. If this does not exist then you will not achive a balance of players sufficent to maintain a viable PvP enviorment. As proof of this I offer for examination what has already happened in STO

Federation vs Klingon PvP barely exists for the general player base. There is no incentive to do so from a story standpoint in the game universe. There is no form of PvP play other then arena play which is inappropriate and insufficient for a sci fi trek based MMO for any but the most hard core of MMO PvP players. Please note that I did not say Star Trek MMO players. The current PvP enviorment does not grab the general player base at all. Nor is it likely to as currently structured.

Before any real change can be effected there, the game needs a solid foundation to build apon to create the PvP enviorment and that come from PvE play, content and story line. This currently only exists for one faction in the game and that is the Federation player base which more then any other reason is WHY it is so much larger the the KDF player base. It is also been the reason why so many Klingon faction identified players have simply stopped playing.

Now the Klingon player are a dedicated bunch, those that are left, and with F2P many of them that have left the game may dive back in as long as they don't have to pay to play...for a month or two at most. If there is not a large amount of content for the Klingon faction in the form of PvE missions with distinct KDF storyline, and if the Klingon low level starting experience is not availible BEFORE the holiday season of 2011 my crystal ball says multi faction play in STO will be essentially dead.

Danial baby, you got till Christmas. You no longer have the luxury of putting this off. You certainly do not have the luxury of putting it off untill 2nd quarter of 2012 or later. That is simply far to long. You will not be able to hold the gaming publics attention. What PWE wants to see won't happen untill 2014 otherwise.... if at all. You have mostly gotten away with fooling your customers. You will NOT get away with fooling your boss. Perfect World KNOWS mmo's. And they know the industry. I don't care how good of a pitchman you are. Its that time.

SO dude.. Its time to listen.. You MUST expidite the KDF faction content. IT must move to the front burner. Everything else. BOFF system, and powers revamps, and new C-Store goodies need to wait. Unless thier actually allready done or can be finished witin the next 2 weeks by your own announced schedule of F2P release. I am an expert and I am telling you the game just changed more then you realize with F2P and you don't have a choice. You must start rolling KDF content out, and keep rolling it out for several months or your Cryptic and Perfect Worlds long term plans for STO will end up not happening untill much much further down the road if at all.

You need the KDF faction filled out to draw and keep paying customers. KDF has a much better chance of turning F2P players into paying players and at a greater rate then the Federation faction. Just look at the percentages of KDF players that are life time members. Look at that as a ratio of the number of KDF players and compare it to the same ratio generated from the Federation player base. Now, play with the numbers.. What do you see when the increase the KDF player base to eaquality with the Federation player base. That is your hint. That is what tells you that KDF play is going to be your lead converter of F2P to paid accounts.. SIlver to Gold.

But if the content isn't there..... no joy, no conversion, no money, and a shrinking player base in both factions once the first flush runs out. No development of end game massive PvP because there wont be the numbers or revenue to support it. Shinking staff, shrinking budget, and a bad rep with customers is what you'll have by no later then first quarter 2014. And the rep is all ready in danger. Look a round. The entire industry has noticed that faction imbalance is a very very bad thing if you have factions in a MMO. STO has shown steady ongoing notice in the press, but all of the industry rags, newstand and electronic have by now noticed that game lacks balance and this is viewed most negitivly.

I'd hate to see STO go away. I really would. But I know that if you do not change your attitude Mister Stahl your going to kill this MMO. You are going to kill it slowly, and painfully. Your the guy that tells everyone where to steer. You may not like hearing the constant griping by the KDF players but you've had over a year and a half to do something about it and you really haven't realy done diddly squat. a handfull of missions and a handfull of ships. Now you have to do a cute trick and basicly shut down the KDF start, and and eliminate the first 20 ranks of play for KDF. Then to magnify and compound the error of the recognition of what should have been done over a year ago new players are not going to be able to make a Klingon avatar untill they reach level 25 playing Federation. Wow. Yea, level 25.. yea thats just.. ah... yea.. read the above all over starting from the begining of this post then continue...

Right.. As I mentioned you dont have till next year to get the Klingon levels 1-20 done. It needs to be done this year. In fact..... Its needs to be done yesterday. And if your track record is anything to go by..
you dont have the resources to finish the DOFF system, restructure powers and abilities and rebalance them, get the next part of the Borg invasion ready to roll, get the games back end compleatly ready for F2P, and have extras servers and shards preconfigured and ready to go just in case the world decides to log in. You don't the resources to do all that and more, AND pump out the levels 1-20 KDF content.

So Daniel. Klingon tutorial and content to level 20, Fed Tutorial. Back end and infrastructure. A small change, allow Klingon players to roll into serius block to fight the Borg.. . the KDF players are just looking for accolades so once they get thier 200 kills thats it that can no longer show up with that toon. Temporary fix.. You can remove it when you get the DOFF system up. Its a little more important at the moment to please the customers you have. If you have the manpower and resources to actually do more then that then by all means work on some other things..

But dude, if you don't get the KDF content in game real fast, even if it has bugs... Bad things dude, bad bad things. If you can fix the bug fast, and then you expidite the rest of the KDF PvE. THEN.. you can go back to the pipe dreams. But frankly This is it. If you do not produce now, you will not have a game in two years. And I for one am a life time member and I will be watching. And I pretty much promise you, that you have a very short amount of time. I'm ready to tell perfect world I want your resignation now.
I want you specificly gone. And I'm awefully sure a great many of the KDF player base agrees with me at this point. So Mister Stahl, either get the KDF content into this game.... Or get out. And other then that, shut up because I don't want to hear any more lies from you, and niether do my fellow KDF players. Either pony up with what you have promised your customers for over a year and a half or clear out your desk. You lead us to belive certain things. And any more of the "well gosh that not quite what I said"
no longer is going wash with us. We do not have infinite patience.

I wonder if Stormshade appreciates just how much of a mess these forums are going to be if the current situation is not corrected by the F2P release date. And F2P is going to attracts a lot of really immature types to the game. Honest stormy, you'll look back on any of my posts that you have deleted with fond admiration of thier calm and moderation...... in comparison with what you will be seeing...
You may realy hate coming to work about a month after F2P going "Oh god, I have to read the forums.."
You got my pity Stormy

The OP makes some amazing points. And I really think the OP is on to something concerning voicing concerns about customer service and product quality to the people that call the shots now. Take some of those issues to PW directly. Which in the context of commentary made from Cryptic employees regarding the KDF and PW and how PW views the game and the KDF is entirely relevant.

Thoughts?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
09-10-2011, 12:39 PM
-redacted-
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
09-10-2011, 12:40 PM
-redacted-


-redacted-
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
09-10-2011, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
What's plaid about this post:
It's a spaceballs reference- it means Ludicrous Speed.




Quote:
The OP makes some amazing points. And I really think the OP is on to something concerning voicing concerns about customer service and product quality to the people that call the shots now. Take some of those issues to PW directly. Which in the context of commentary made from Cryptic employees regarding the KDF and PW and how PW views the game and the KDF is entirely relevant.

Thoughts?
The Op does make some decent points- but they're like a needle in a giant stinking pile of shame.

I tried to be concise in my replies, but I was laughing too hard throughout it.

It's not a bad idea to approach Perfect World directly- but these forums are not the medium to do it in. Furthermore, there were a lot of misconceptions, assumptions, and just patently ridiculous... stuff... that went into the OP's post, and as a Klingon PVPer... I want it to be clear that the OP in fact, does not represent the Klingon faction in its entirety and I think he needs to hear that. There's a great many things wrong with his post, and if we could clear away all the chaff, we might actually have (in a hundred words or less) something worth discussing.

But as it is, it's just hype and hearsay.





EDIT: Yes Storm Shade, I'm aware that I'm going to get so many infractions for this, but I had to do it- sorry for making your job harder.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
09-10-2011, 08:06 PM
Hey Kerrus and Superchum... are you two on payroll at crypric? Do they pay you two? Why are you always constanly shooting people down and belittling them? The game is about to go free to play with a faction and a half. You think this is a good thing? You think we should all be patient? Really? Whats in it for you? KDF Player base has been waiting a year and a half to get this faction fleshed out. If it doesn't happen now.. right now as an absolute priority with everything else put on a back burner the resulting press will be utterly damding in a market full of free to play MMO's once the game goes F2P. The game wont die, not right away, but it wont grow either...

To get what we really want in the game... It has to grow..alot.. I needs twice the subscriber base. Micro transaction money is gravy. Subs are the meat and potatos. F2P accounds need to turn gold at a steady rate or the revenue to actually grow the game won't be there.

I've invested money and time into STO. I want my moneys worth.. Or I want D.Stahls head.... on a pike, hanging outside of the doors of Cryptic studios.


Kerrus.. there isn't nuff Klingon PvP to spit at. You want PvP.. real pvp? then we need more people.. they need to be attracted to the game.. and the faction. If they come and there is no content. They will leave. Right now as a PvP'r you represent a distinct minority in the KDF player base. You and your fellow PvP players don't have the numbers to speak for the KDF faction yourselves. And me, I'll PvP when theres a reason to. you go be a space gladiator in your same unchanging arenas, and your welcome to them. I find them seriously dull over the long term with out a reason to be fighting. There is no persistant territorial combat yet. just arena play, and that get old fast once you've done it before. And I have.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
09-10-2011, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemaraa_Iron_Hand_KBF View Post
Hey Kerrus and Superchum... are you two on payroll at crypric? Do they pay you two? Why are you always constanly shooting people down and belittling them?
Uh ... I was serious in my support of your post and your points. And I think it's a good idea to seek out Perfect World. This is based off of things that I read in their conference call where they answer direct questions about this game, as well as commentary DStahl has made about Perfect World.

I think you're on to something.

Read what I posted:

"You make some compelling points. I wonder who there is to contact at Perfect World with said grievances? "

And:

"The OP makes some amazing points. And I really think the OP is on to something concerning voicing concerns about customer service and product quality to the people that call the shots now. Take some of those issues to PW directly. Which in the context of commentary made from Cryptic employees regarding the KDF and PW and how PW views the game and the KDF is entirely relevant."

Both of those support what you're saying and what you're trying to do.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:39 AM.