Lt. Commander
# 1 Moving asteroids...
09-10-2011, 04:31 PM
Hey guys,

Ive been thinking recently while playing through the game about the environment we experience during missions and general gameplay. Ive noticed how the asteroids in the various belts and even lone chunks of rock in space is static. This may be due to the engine and tech available but it still felt like its worth mentioning.

Anyway are there any plans to create realistic asteroid belts?

What i mean is will we at some stage experience asteroid belts where the asteroids actually move?

Even if this is just on a basic level of where the asteroids slowly rotate or something it would visually be an improvement.

Having the belt itself move around the planet slowly would add a visually appealing situation as well as a tactical.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-10-2011, 04:51 PM
It would be visually nice, but the load that it would put in a video card would seta lot of ot the llow-mid range cards howling like banshees trying to stay cool. Tha tmany moving objects would drop the DPS of even my video cards down to the unappealing range (i.e. <24 FPS).
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-10-2011, 04:53 PM
It would be equal to Many, Many Players all on the same screen at one time, and would Lag Out Almost every one who encountered them.