Lt. Commander
# 11
09-17-2011, 06:57 PM
I would be okay with State of Q being added to the KDF side if the game engine differentiates the actual Klingon species captains from the non-Klingon KDF captains. The non-Klingon captains should have the mission as normal. The Klingon species captains should have a varient version where the captain makes a comment or retort about not being a godling wannabe's toy for amusment, followed by Q taunting the Klingon to the point where he (she) punches Q in the head/stomach/groin similar to the scene in Star Trek: Borg or like Sisko did in "Q-Less" (DS9). This would happen before continuing the mission as before.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-17-2011, 11:25 PM
The interesting thing is, that the KDF originally could'n go to GammaO, because there was nothing for them there.

KDF's complained, Cryptic told them "we have nothing for you there", people complained, Cryptic said "we can open it, but you will nót be able to do anything but DSE's", people complained, Cryptic drops a TW gate for the KDF, people still complain.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-18-2011, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
The interesting thing is, that the KDF originally could'n go to GammaO, because there was nothing for them there.

KDF's complained, Cryptic told them "we have nothing for you there", people complained, Cryptic said "we can open it, but you will nót be able to do anything but DSE's", people complained, Cryptic drops a TW gate for the KDF, people still complain.
So you are of the crowd that thinks the KDF is a PvP only Faction?
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-18-2011, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
So you are of the crowd that thinks the KDF is a PvP only Faction?
Actually no... I am the one who thinks they should rip out the KDF all together in their current form.

On a side note however: When the game launched the KDF was supposed to be a PvP-only faction... I am geussing that cryptic just got tired of the whi... i mean... Loud vocal people out there.
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-18-2011, 12:19 PM
Yes we've all heard of this discussion before guys about lack of KDF content and history of the KDF's development blah blah blah blah. I too really want KDF content but it is coming and the major updates to the KDF that will be coming after it is releveled to Commander will be brilliant for the KDF.

What few KDF missions there are, they are EXCELLENT quality and in my opinion, stand up to par with the Feature Episodes, despite not having the same technologies available (like the notification text or career specific objectives).

The Neutral missions (FE's and Undine storyline) isn't exactly built for both factions equally. KDF suffer a severe lack in content, but so does STO in general. The KDF have a HELL of a lot of missions available, the problem is, they are mini-missions that help you in tiny chunks (that do come in very much handy when added all up).

But yes, all in all, the KDF needs unique exclusive content. This is coming, and I am satisfied with that.

Lt. Commander
# 16
09-18-2011, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Actually no... I am the one who thinks they should rip out the KDF all together in their current form.

On a side note however: When the game launched the KDF was supposed to be a PvP-only faction... I am geussing that cryptic just got tired of the whi... i mean... Loud vocal people out there.
Wrong! Go read the history of the kdf with cryptic over on the stowiki. KDF was originally going to be pve-with-pvp just like the Feds. Then I guess they spent too much time and money on their shiney new toy and forgot about the KDF. Then they tried damage control, and then obfuscating.

Sorry, but no, we werent supposed to be pvp-only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooiue View Post
Yes we've all heard of this discussion before guys about lack of KDF content and history of the KDF's development blah blah blah blah. I too really want KDF content but it is coming and the major updates to the KDF that will be coming after it is releveled to Commander will be brilliant for the KDF.

What few KDF missions there are, they are EXCELLENT quality and in my opinion, stand up to par with the Feature Episodes, despite not having the same technologies available (like the notification text or career specific objectives).

The Neutral missions (FE's and Undine storyline) isn't exactly built for both factions equally. KDF suffer a severe lack in content, but so does STO in general. The KDF have a HELL of a lot of missions available, the problem is, they are mini-missions that help you in tiny chunks (that do come in very much handy when added all up).

But yes, all in all, the KDF needs unique exclusive content. This is coming, and I am satisfied with that.

Yeah yeah blah blah blah... we've been promised the moon several times over and given pig slop and told to be happy with it or leave.

See, I can be snarky too! lol Seriously though, I've been in numerous betas with shoddy dev companies and as such I have become jaded. So while I am not going to say that Cryptic is lying to us, I will say that I will believe it when I see it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-19-2011, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
Yeah yeah blah blah blah... we've been promised the moon several times over and given pig slop and told to be happy with it or leave.

See, I can be snarky too! lol Seriously though, I've been in numerous betas with shoddy dev companies and as such I have become jaded. So while I am not going to say that Cryptic is lying to us, I will say that I will believe it when I see it.
Well, I'd just prefer being optomistic than sadistic about this
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-19-2011, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
Wrong! Go read the history of the kdf with cryptic over on the stowiki. KDF was originally going to be pve-with-pvp just like the Feds. Then I guess they spent too much time and money on their shiney new toy and forgot about the KDF. Then they tried damage control, and then obfuscating.

Sorry, but no, we werent supposed to be pvp-only.

I take it you weren't there at launch?

I read the post saying they decided to make it a PvP faction shortly before beta...
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-19-2011, 09:51 AM
Quote:

I read the post saying they decided to make it a PvP faction shortly before beta...
...because they didn't have time to make it a full faction. That's a far cry from "supposed to be" PvP-only.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-19-2011, 10:16 AM
Quote:

Notice they announced that after they had previously stated differently.
Don't worry, there'll be more Klingon exclusive content... soon...in future updates...
Have you seen this?

http://www.stowiki.org/User:Peregrin...ryptic_Studios