Lt. Commander
# 1 Multiple Questions.
09-11-2011, 05:20 AM
Being quite new on the game (started a week's ago and light very light play) I have alot questions that search engine leaded me to nowhere or too confuse answers so...

- Is putting all your away team to melee weapon viable ?

- Difficulty slider. Beside it makes combat a bit more difficult (long) it doesn't seem to give better XP reward or loot... Am I wrong this is indeed better ? From normal to advanced (not elite)

-Is such config viable for PVE only :

Forward: A mix between dual beam and canon
Rear: Turrets only

Still hesitating between Engi and tactical officer. So ships are K'tanco Heavy cruiser for engy and raptor for Tactical. Config are

2 dual beam 2 dis turret.
2 dual heavy canons + 1 dual beam 1 dis turret

I put one beam on forward because it seemed to not shoot at the same time when I placed 3 dual heavy canon... Only two seemed to shoot then reload then the third was shooting then reload then the first too were shooting... (quite strange...)

- Mailing, how to mail stuff between my two chars? Mail system doesn't seems very intuitive...

And last question

-Should Gorn wear boots?

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-11-2011, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuzuka.Kiba.
Being quite new on the game (started a week's ago and light very light play) I have alot questions that search engine leaded me to nowhere or too confuse answers so...

- Is putting all your away team to melee weapon viable ?

- Difficulty slider. Beside it makes combat a bit more difficult (long) it doesn't seem to give better XP reward or loot... Am I wrong this is indeed better ? From normal to advanced (not elite)

-Is such config viable for PVE only :

Forward: A mix between dual beam and canon
Rear: Turrets only

Still hesitating between Engi and tactical officer. So ships are K'tanco Heavy cruiser for engy and raptor for Tactical. Config are

2 dual beam 2 dis turret.
2 dual heavy canons + 1 dual beam 1 dis turret

I put one beam on forward because it seemed to not shoot at the same time when I placed 3 dual heavy canon... Only two seemed to shoot then reload then the third was shooting then reload then the first too were shooting... (quite strange...)

- Mailing, how to mail stuff between my two chars? Mail system doesn't seems very intuitive...

And last question

-Should Gorn wear boots?

Thank you.
The slider is a personal choice thing, the chance for better loot is very small, I just like the feel of the longer fight as opposed to the instant popping of normal.

All melee can work, but I works better with tactical boffs with the right skills

Anything works pve, but you're better off sticking to one or the other when doing beams or cannons IMO

Mailing stuff is easy, address the mail to your @name and any of your characters can open it. You have to be at a mailbox to retrieve items.

You decide if you want boots or not . it is your character.