Lt. Commander
# 1 You heard it here first...
09-11-2011, 11:19 AM
That's right ladies and gents. As (not) indicated (in any way) by the thread title, Husnock01 is about to embark on a great journey.

Folks have made their way to the endgame via Lieutenant 51, and I congratulate them on their bravery. But I wanna do something different (NOT BETTER, just different). I solemnly swear in the name of all that is pointless and probably not worth mentioning in the first place that I will make it to endgame flying NOTHING but a Peregrine Fighter. For every mission. On Elite difficulty.

Perhaps it's too early to toot my own horn (more like "definitely" than "perhaps"), but I've already completed the Kei System Patrol via this method. It can and will be done, so I swear.

Wish me luck, folks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-11-2011, 11:24 AM
Good Luck Man
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-11-2011, 11:27 AM
Wow. You, Sir, earn the Glutton For Punishment accolade.

Are you going to update this thread as kind of a diary of your masochistic journey through STO? If so, I'll definitely subscribe. It'll be like reality TV only without the moving pictures and stuff.

Can well-wishers send you regenerators and components via in-game mail as a show of support?

Best of luck, man.

EDIT: I'm serious about the regenerators and components. You don't have to abuse yourself alone. I'm more than happy to facilitate your self-abuse. :p

Z
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-11-2011, 11:34 AM
how about a class 8 shuttle instead
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-11-2011, 02:17 PM
Hah! Looking forward to this! I started my own 'Kobayashi Maru' project, promising to play 'hardcore' and deleting my character if I got killed (unless I could click on 'abandon ship' before dying in space, in which case I would have to shell out for a letter after my ship's registry.) Forgot if I had set her to advanced or elite... I honestly got disinterested in the game in general sometime around then because I'd seen all that content four or five times before. =P
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-11-2011, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes85 View Post
how about a class 8 shuttle instead
I actually thought of this, but they only seen to be available now if you do "The Vault." Thus, I would have to do a bunch of missions to level up in another ship, thus throwing off the continuity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog237
Good Luck Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zordar
Wow. You, Sir, earn the Glutton For Punishment accolade.

Are you going to update this thread as kind of a diary of your masochistic journey through STO? If so, I'll definitely subscribe. It'll be like reality TV only without the moving pictures and stuff.

Can well-wishers send you regenerators and components via in-game mail as a show of support?

Best of luck, man.

EDIT: I'm serious about the regenerators and components. You don't have to abuse yourself alone. I'm more than happy to facilitate your self-abuse.
LOL, and here I thought I'd just get naysayers telling me to stop posting "irrelevant stuff." Thanks for the support.

And Zordar, thanks for the offers of regenerators and components! If you want to, then by all means feel free. I'll most assuredly need them.

And I will be keeping a log in this thread of my journeys, maybe even a few pics to prove my foolishness.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-11-2011, 02:37 PM
The Undine Kingdom will give you a medal should thou sucssed.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar View Post

Z
Incorrect, this may be entertaining XD I'm here all week.

Good luck Husnock01.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husnock01 View Post
I actually thought of this, but they only seen to be available now if you do "The Vault." Thus, I would have to do a bunch of missions to level up in another ship, thus throwing off the continuity.
Really? I have this as a goal to use just my tpe 8 hes been doing the uss azura mission, its just a pain cause I have to switch back to a real ship to get to the replay feature.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-11-2011, 02:55 PM
I was going to make a new tactical space spec character. I heard of the player that went to 51 as ensign, I was going to do it in the Miranda, it sounded fun and challenging.