Lt. Commander
# 21
09-11-2011, 06:55 PM
I love doing missions in a Runabout, but usually on a science character so I can call in a photonic fleet of Shuttles and Fighters and Runabouts mostly... and if things get really nasty I use Fleet Support to call in hopefully a battleship, but most likely its a miranda LOL /facepalm.

Good luck.
Lt. Commander
# 22
09-11-2011, 08:08 PM
Quote:
What level are you at? I'm literally just starting off with this toon. Still, mind if I look you up when I'm ranked up enough to run the STFs?
My Fighter Pilot is only LT 5, that's when it got so hard I started looking elsewhere for entertainment. We should form a fighter only squadron!

Find me in game @zmacgirthy
Lt. Commander
# 23
09-11-2011, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husnock01 View Post
That's right ladies and gents. As (not) indicated (in any way) by the thread title, Husnock01 is about to embark on a great journey.

Folks have made their way to the endgame via Lieutenant 51, and I congratulate them on their bravery. But I wanna do something different (NOT BETTER, just different). I solemnly swear in the name of all that is pointless and probably not worth mentioning in the first place that I will make it to endgame flying NOTHING but a Peregrine Fighter. For every mission. On Elite difficulty.

Perhaps it's too early to toot my own horn (more like "definitely" than "perhaps"), but I've already completed the Kei System Patrol via this method. It can and will be done, so I swear.

Wish me luck, folks.
If you actually manage this, and at some later date you need any firepower to help with the bad guys just let me know. Ill put cannons and torps anywhere you point me.
Lt. Commander
# 24
09-12-2011, 06:51 AM
Well I salute you sir. Good luck with that project. Coming from a player that has been here since launch and only has ONE character as a RA5 so far, I wonder how you will fair.
Lt. Commander
# 25
09-12-2011, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husnock01 View Post
I solemnly swear in the name of all that is pointless and probably not worth mentioning in the first place that I will make it to endgame flying NOTHING but a Peregrine Fighter. For every mission. On Elite difficulty.
I think it'd be much awesomer (and terribly pointless, of course) if you actually made it to end-game flying... nothing! Nothing at all, not even a Fighter.

Good luck!

Lt. Commander
# 26
09-12-2011, 07:22 AM
Sounds interesting. I was watching another thread about a guy making it from start to finish in nothing but the starting connie. I have me and 2 other people about to embark on a quest to just use, the Connie, NX and Oberth from start to finish. We start tonight actually. I wish you well on your quest good sir. If you need supplies let us know. Pics and vids would be an awesome addition for this quest.
Lt. Commander
# 27
09-12-2011, 07:23 AM
I wish u luck in ur Epic, Ledgendary Trek, May ur fighter be swift and ur phasers be hot
Lt. Commander
# 28
09-12-2011, 12:07 PM
hmm I take it back I think its the shuttle from the tos enterprise. type f? my main is flying in
Lt. Commander
# 29
09-12-2011, 01:52 PM
So is this your way of saying that you like the S4 ground combat changes so much you will be focusing on ground game play?

It's certainly commendable to try the peregrine for the whole game. If things get too tough, I believe that you may get a boost if you team with some one else and sidekick up to their level, even if you are the same level. I think that this increases the basic stats of lower tier ships. It may work for shuttles as well.
Lt. Commander
# 30
09-12-2011, 02:16 PM
I would be more than happy to provide VA fighter assistance for those really tough missions. (or Commander Fighter assistance on occasion with my second engineer) I'll toss you a friend add, and if ever I'm free and you send out the call. I'll come a running (once I change into my fighter :p )