Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 91 bad day
09-13-2011, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rthen
Got back into the PvP game now that I made max rank, I am a Fed tac officer.

After about 6 or 7 PvP matches (Areana) I noticed that the Klingon teams won every time.

I'm guessing they get a PvP bonus? or Have better weps and ships?

Not a lot of fun...

Any thoughts?
I think you just had a bad day in the queues

Overall the game is pretty balanced. If there is imbalance it is in a few well-known powers that are a bit OP. Feds v Klinks are balanced these days.

What you may have seen is 1) experienced pvpers doing everything right while your PuG did many things wrong, or 2) several of your opponents may have been abusing these 'cheese' powers. Either can happen on any given day.

So just keep queue-ing up. I love the pvp in this game (mostly ). It has its issues but it can be a lot of fun. Don't get discouraged.
Lt. Commander
# 92
09-13-2011, 07:59 AM
LoL! Give a guy a break! ^^
Lt. Commander
# 93
09-13-2011, 12:49 PM
Aw just wait for the scramble sensors and torpedo buffs to make it to Holodeck! Then there will be some serious imbalance. But it won't necessarily be faction specific, expect it to be class specific.
Lt. Commander
# 94
09-13-2011, 12:50 PM
Proof that Janeway did indeed suck. If she had only realized the potential of her intrepid...
Lt. Commander
Once I hit level Cap on my Fed and discovered PvP for the first time I was suspicious of something similar. I leveled a Klink, reluctantly at first, and not only did I learned a little bit about how to PvP but I fell in love with it and the people.

I eventually learned that the Klinks at that time weren't overpowered because of the ships, abilities, or some cryptic math.

There are broken and overpowered mechanics available to both sides (i.e. FAW, Torp Spread, SS) and exclusive to Feds (i.e. Ablative, MVAM). There are broken and over powered ships available for purchase with more and more on the way. Experience, practice and teamwork are overpowered. There are even people who are overpowered. The game isn't perfect. There are a lot of mad decisions leading to more broken mechanics.

There just aren't enough people who are interested in learning the game and being open to criticism. It's far too easy to assume that the deck is stacked against you somehow and that the game itself needs to be fundamentally changed. That's the way it's getting with people in real life, by the way. You don't want to work for something but you expect to get it anyway (people in general, not anyone specifically).
Lt. Commander
# 96
09-13-2011, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
That's the way it's getting with people in real life, by the way. You don't want to work for something but you expect to get it anyway (people in general, not anyone specifically).
Self-Entitlement if I recall.

The biggest overpowered power in the game is: communication.
The good fleets have, the great fleets excell with it. Being able to say, HEY! I need some HELP here, on a voice chat, works faster than just hoping someone is watching your health bars going down.
Lt. Commander
# 97
09-14-2011, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurQue
Yes, klingons are very over powered, they have something called team work. Pretty sure that needs a balance pass.
LOL. So true.