Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
09-11-2011, 09:09 PM
PvP has changed yes. But not the way you're thinking.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-11-2011, 09:22 PM
Seems like things haven't changed much here.

I will assume most of the active posters don't care. My opinion, there are some ship types on the Klingon side that are vastly overpowered for pvp. My experiences had little to do with lack of teamwork.

Sorry to have wasted your time.

I will check back in a few months and see if there are any improvements.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-11-2011, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rthen
Seems like things haven't changed much here.

I will assume most of the active posters don't care. My opinion, there are some ship types on the Klingon side that are vastly overpowered for pvp. My experiences had little to do with lack of teamwork.

Sorry to have wasted your time.

I will check back in a few months and see if there are any improvements.
You do that...... http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...oxUIm-a4FCGAiQ
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-11-2011, 10:15 PM
Klingons are seriously Overpowered.

I agree with the OP that they should get a big nerf.

Ive been playing against klignons as well and it seems like they just kill every fed in sight.. its really no fun.. please cryptic!
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-11-2011, 11:34 PM
Indeed... Klinks are too strong. We all know its true. That't it I can't support our lies any more... and for now on I am only playing my klink toons cause they are so damn OP.... you know it too.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-12-2011, 12:18 AM
Yes, Klingons get the B'Rel Retrofit, which can fire while cloaked (yeah, sure, tiny disadvantage, it isn't cloaked when someone heals it, but that never happens anyway, healing is underpowered anyway), and the Feds only get the Intrepid Retrofit that can turn off all its weapons and shield so it gets some hull resistance that is easily knocked out with a shockwave. Science is our only weapon against the Klings, it needs a buff. Scramble Sensors specifically.
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-12-2011, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Yes, Klingons get the B'Rel Retrofit, which can fire while cloaked (yeah, sure, tiny disadvantage, it isn't cloaked when someone heals it, but that never happens anyway, healing is underpowered anyway), and the Feds only get the Intrepid Retrofit that can turn off all its weapons and shield so it gets some hull resistance that is easily knocked out with a shockwave. Science is our only weapon against the Klings, it needs a buff. Scramble Sensors specifically.
SS... that doesn't do nothing against dumb battle cloak....

I think they should buff CPB... it needs to have a 10k range just like the lazors. I mean come on you shoot shoot shoot and they just cloak, there all a bunch a chickens. CPB 10k.... that's the fix. Or they just put Faw back the way it was... it should be able to hit those chickens when there circling my ship and using that dumb battle cloak. Besides... the borg take too long to kill now with these dumb pvp changes to faw.
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-12-2011, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Got back into the PvP game now that I made max rank, I am a Fed tac officer.

After about 6 or 7 PvP matches (Areana) I noticed that the Klingon teams won every time.

I'm guessing they get a PvP bonus? or Have better weps and ships?

Not a lot of fun...

Any thoughts?
Quote:
I have no desire to troll. I took a long break from pvp to finish leveling but honestly it seems worse, first impressions at least.

No it was all pickup groups, I don't have a team. I use a dreadnought with weapons and equipment from the featured episodes and some emblem gear, a mix.

Now if it was just me getting destroyed first I would chalk it up to my poor playing. It was however a complete route.

Not even close.

Maybe cruisers don't work for pvp.. Half the pickup or more were cruisers....
I give up. I admit, I was one of those klingon pilots who blew you up over and over again.

It was fun.

Yes, we're overpowered against Tac / cruiser captains who queue'ed up with no support and 'just came back to the game'
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-12-2011, 12:44 AM
Double the damage of faw and make it hit 3x as hard on cloaked ships as well as decloak them. Also make it last 30 seconds with 0 downtime. SSIII should last the entire match. Always all the time. Bring back insta pop fbp.

I for one call for a hargh' peng launcher rapid fire ability. Just like crf only with the pengs. 100% stacking explosion of course. But only if you do a fed mission, or something like that..
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-12-2011, 12:50 AM
Now, for any PvP newbie that happens to read this - most of the above has to be understood as satire.

The truth is that:
  • Scramble Sensors is very powerful already. It makes the life of healers a nightmare and is key to many succesful attack strategies - the enemy healers will often not heal the target they intend to heal, and that means, the target everyone is firing his weapons at. And the effect lasts basically forever in PvP time units.
  • The Long Range Science Vessel Retrofits Ablative Armor is highly powerful. Yes, it can be removed with a shockwave, but shockwave is also one of the few ways to get an enemy ship into a situation in which it needs a powerful "comeback" power like Ablative Armor - which means it is often no longer available by the time the target uses its AA. Essentially, Ablative ARmor gives you 15 seconds in which all your heals can come back from cooldown and you can restore yourself.
  • The B'Rel Retrofit is extremely weak. (We even have the slow-motion recordings to prove it, see the Kharn thread :p). It has low hull, low shields, and it's "Enhanced Battle Cloak" drops for the entire duration of any heals it receives. It also becomes visible to the enemy team if that enemy team is scrambled. (That's a general cloaking issue.) Which means Scramble is basically more powerful on Fed ships than on Klink ships.

Teamwork is the only thing that is truely "OP". Teamwork at its basis is people coordinating their attacks, and people sharing their heals. That is the type of teamwork every random pick-up group (PuG) in PvP can achieve, but many will not, and the ones that achieve teamwork will beat those that won't. Premade teams can have even more advanced teamwork - these are people that don't just coordinate during the match, but that coordinate their individual ship builds and may have an entire battle strategy planned out.

That's the kind of opposition you'll face in PvP. It's very easy to fight people that are better than you.

If you're new to PvP - and that you are if you've only experienced 8 matches or so - then you will die a lot. YOu will lose a lot.

You can try to play it safe and stay in FvF for a while.
Klingons can have an advantage against PuGs -simply because PuGs are not coordinated enough to anticipate and deal with a surprise attack from cloaked vessels. But an experienced group (be it Premade or many experienced players in a PuG) can do so, and will do so, and easily counter cloaked alphas, and potentially turn the "cloaking alpha strike" approach into a liability, as it simply withstands the assault and mounts a swift counter attack.
But - even in FvF you will meet more experienced people, potentially in Premades. And you'll lose. And against some ,you will _always_ lose. Until the point where you join a fleet or similar group of like-minded people that is willing to dedicate time and effort to build a team that can beat those guys.

If you're not on the top, PvP means losing a lot until you get closer to the top. It's inevitable. It's not a bad thing. Don't let it get to you. Learn from these failures. If you need advice on what to do, ask for it. You'll get it. Sometimes even from the very people that blew you out of the sky. Just assume an attitude of the curious person that wants to learn. Not the attiude of the person that is entitled to winning like he does in PvE.