Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Shuttle Wars: The Celebration
09-20-2011, 06:50 AM
Seeing as how we appear to finally have a dev doing something sensible with pvp.

We should celebrate with the return of Shuttle Wars.

I'll be hosting it Saturday at 1pm, and Sunday at 11am EST. Subscribe to the Shuttle_wars channel to get involved!

Rules are simple and as follows. Breaking these rules after the first offense will result in instant DQ and Disrespect from your peers.

Shuttles and Fighters Only.
No Mines.
No Tricobalt weapons (I may change this rule however as they are still able to be shot down if you are fast enough! But for round 1 at least we'll keep tradition)
No FAW
No Fleet Support (though it is possible for a team to overcome Fleet Support ships, it's a pain when the Dreadnought shows up. We might change this as a fun Variant Match down the line though, where it becomes shuttles v Fleet Support)
No Torpedo Spread (I think this should go without saying. Instagibbing an entire team would suck)

Players interested can also schedule here ahead of time if we get this hopping like it did back when the 300 was alive and well.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
09-20-2011, 06:54 AM
I shall be there with Bells strapped to my feet as the humans say......


maybe not bells, How about tiny Taj instead?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
09-20-2011, 06:58 AM
Oh depending on turn out we might do Shuttles vs DSEs for kicks after the matches. Nothing's cooler than taking down a Dreadnought/battleship with a batch of shuttles.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
09-20-2011, 07:14 AM
My fighter sits in waiting, unfortunately those times do not work for me. I will join the channel though, and see if I can catch you guys another time! This sounds like a lot of fun
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
09-20-2011, 07:20 AM
I assume no Hargh'pengs either, right?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
09-20-2011, 07:24 AM
Is the Peng global still 10 secs?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
09-20-2011, 07:29 AM
lol no tricobalts? Thats not right!

Shuttles are relatively fast so trico's should be allowed imo.
Deny the use of broken abilities though.

I'm looking forward to it, since I never really participated in a shuttle war before :p

Can you come with a KDF variant as well?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
09-20-2011, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
lol no tricobalts? Thats not right!

Shuttles are relatively fast so trico's should be allowed imo.
Deny the use of broken abilities though.

I'm looking forward to it, since I never really participated in a shuttle war before :p

Can you come with a KDF variant as well?
I never had a problem with them myself (even when everyone on the enemy team had them, my team still won without em :p ) but apparently one day after I had left Captain Data started one shotting three ships at a time with his tric. As I said in my op I might put them back in, in round 2 or 3 just to see how it changes things.

And yep, KDF are more than welcome to join shuttle wars!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
09-20-2011, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
I never had a problem with them myself (even when everyone on the enemy team had them, my team still won without em :p ) but apparently one day after I had left Captain Data started one shotting three ships at a time with his tric. As I said in my op I might put them back in, in round 2 or 3 just to see how it changes things.

And yep, KDF are more than welcome to join shuttle wars!

Allegedly :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
09-22-2011, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
Seeing as how we appear to finally have a dev doing something sensible with pvp.

We should celebrate with the return of Shuttle Wars.

I'll be hosting it Saturday at 1pm, and Sunday at 11am EST. Subscribe to the Shuttle_wars channel to get involved!

Rules are simple and as follows. Breaking these rules after the first offense will result in instant DQ and Disrespect from your peers.

Shuttles and Fighters Only.
No Mines.
No Tricobalt weapons (I may change this rule however as they are still able to be shot down if you are fast enough! But for round 1 at least we'll keep tradition)
No FAW
No Fleet Support (though it is possible for a team to overcome Fleet Support ships, it's a pain when the Dreadnought shows up. We might change this as a fun Variant Match down the line though, where it becomes shuttles v Fleet Support)
No Torpedo Spread (I think this should go without saying. Instagibbing an entire team would suck)

Players interested can also schedule here ahead of time if we get this hopping like it did back when the 300 was alive and well.
I thought shuttles that called fleet support called in more shuttles (I usually get shuttles, runabouts or peregrine fighters), I could be wrong, but I don't think so.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:39 AM.