Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
09-19-2011, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
I'd think about using two heavy cannons, a dual beam bank, and some kind of torpedo forward, then 3 turrets and a torpedo aft if you were going to try flying it like an escort. I'd also use Cannon Scatter Fire 1 or Cannon Rapid Fire 1 to back up the Beam Overload 3. And, if you get an Aenar BOFF, you can get Aux to Dampeners 3 which makes turning much easier.
seeing as Cruisers are like bricks i doudt you could fly it like a escorts. secondly Dual heavy cannons and cannons can only go on battlecruisers and escorts.

but i have tuagh hanradio a few things yesterday, im sure if i get some more time ill show him so other things.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
09-19-2011, 05:20 AM
I have two tac officers both in excelsiors. 3 single cannons up front with quantom torpedo
4 turrets in the rear.

heres one of my set ups

Tac Boff is tac team 1, Torpedo high yield 2, Cannon rapid fire 2

My offensive engineering abilities i use DEM 2 and DEM3. Now if you want to forgo the torpedo and run all cannons then replace the torp high yield with attack pattern beta.

Throw in some emergency power to weapons 1 in there too. Aux to dampeners for more manueverability

If your gonna fly this thing like an escort dont expect to tank in it. U will die in it alot quicker. but thats the trade off for going on the offensive. Its fun and youll see double DPS at least. Combine rapid fire 2 with DEM 3, and fire on my mark. Youll see some results

Its not an easy ship to fly with this way. Takes alot more concentration but worth it when u get the hang of it
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
09-19-2011, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlaffargue
I have two tac officers both in excelsiors. 3 single cannons up front with quantom torpedo
4 turrets in the rear.

heres one of my set ups

Tac Boff is tac team 1, Torpedo high yield 2, Cannon rapid fire 2

My offensive engineering abilities i use DEM 2 and DEM3. Now if you want to forgo the torpedo and run all cannons then replace the torp high yield with attack pattern beta.

Throw in some emergency power to weapons 1 in there too. Aux to dampeners for more manueverability

If your gonna fly this thing like an escort dont expect to tank in it. U will die in it alot quicker. but thats the trade off for going on the offensive. Its fun and youll see double DPS at least. Combine rapid fire 2 with DEM 3, and fire on my mark. Youll see some results

Its not an easy ship to fly with this way. Takes alot more concentration but worth it when u get the hang of it

not bad of a idea. im showed him so tricks with his power outputs yesterday that should all him to keep what he has, and do more. now he just needs to test her.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
09-19-2011, 08:10 AM
Well, I'm a Tac and I love my Excelscort (do you remember, rlaffargue?). This starship is by far the best offensive fed cruiser, it's the real assault cruiser because the Liutenant Commander and a greater turn rate make possible a powerful DPS full frontal attack with fore single cannons plus aft turrets, and not only the usual broadsiding beam firing typical of a cruiser. I like to change my weapon loadout and my abilities, from three cannons and one quantum to four cannons, or from three turrets and a tricobalt to four turrets. DEM3 is always essential and sometimes I add also DEM2, but under heavy fire I prefer EPtS3 in replacement. Tac BO abilities are TT1, CRF1, CRF2 or TT1, THY2, CRF2.
You'll be in the middle of the battle and so happy...at least until you survive!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
09-19-2011, 09:16 AM
My Ferengi is a Tac in a Excelsior Retrofit. I highly recommend this ship, it is very versitile and works well with all 3 classes.

Personally I use Beams and quantums, Beam fire at will 3 is awsome in conjunction with torp spead 2, also the 4 eng console slots and 3 tac console slots are better than the Exploration retrofit, not to mention turn rate.

Play around with it, find what configuration will float ur boat
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
09-19-2011, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlaffargue
I have two tac officers both in excelsiors. 3 single cannons up front with quantom torpedo
4 turrets in the rear.

heres one of my set ups

Tac Boff is tac team 1, Torpedo high yield 2, Cannon rapid fire 2

My offensive engineering abilities i use DEM 2 and DEM3. Now if you want to forgo the torpedo and run all cannons then replace the torp high yield with attack pattern beta.

Throw in some emergency power to weapons 1 in there too. Aux to dampeners for more manueverability

If your gonna fly this thing like an escort dont expect to tank in it. U will die in it alot quicker. but thats the trade off for going on the offensive. Its fun and youll see double DPS at least. Combine rapid fire 2 with DEM 3, and fire on my mark. Youll see some results

Its not an easy ship to fly with this way. Takes alot more concentration but worth it when u get the hang of it
The Excelsiors very flexible. It fits right between the escorts and cruisers. It can turn well, dish some damage and tank decent. I'm not saying its the tankiest. But that versatility can work well enough to turn you away from catching a nasty blast on your weak shield.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
09-20-2011, 02:27 PM
This is a good read. I just came back yesterday after a 6 month hiatus and I want to outfit my excelsior for dps/slight tanking. I considered the 6 turret build, and even the "excelScort" turret/cannon build, but I am still only Capt 1 so I am sticking to beam weaps until I gain more skills to boost my dps. I wasted a respec last night, but I dont think I was very efficient with my points.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
09-20-2011, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by entrailsgalore View Post
This is a good read. I just came back yesterday after a 6 month hiatus and I want to outfit my excelsior for dps/slight tanking. I considered the 6 turret build, and even the "excelScort" turret/cannon build, but I am still only Capt 1 so I am sticking to beam weaps until I gain more skills to boost my dps. I wasted a respec last night, but I dont think I was very efficient with my points.
Before you respec, try the build out on Tribble, it doesnt cost you anything there.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
09-20-2011, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer View Post
Before you respec, try the build out on Tribble, it doesnt cost you anything there.
Yeah I totally forgot about the test server untill after I respeced. I will try it out tonight and test out different builds to see what kind of damage I can currently do at my level.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
09-20-2011, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmera
seeing as Cruisers are like bricks i doudt you could fly it like a escorts. secondly Dual heavy cannons and cannons can only go on battlecruisers and escorts.

but i have tuagh hanradio a few things yesterday, im sure if i get some more time ill show him so other things.
Yeah, I meant single cannons, not heavy (note the lack of 'dual' in the cannons as well).

I have a Tac in an Excelsior refit with 3x Cannons, 1x Hargh fore; 3xArrays, 1x Hargh or Mine Torpedo aft. I fly it like a 'regular' cruiser, but its better maneuverability lets me keep things in the 37.5 degree overlap of the cannons and arrays. It's very nice, especially when you factor in FAW and CSV.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:07 PM.