Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
I just wrote this to put my thoughts out about what I would like to see in STO, and see what people want. I like to to have the opption to delete costume saves, and to upgrade your ship. For example make a Tier 1 ship become like a Tier 5 ship. Also, it would be kind of cool if you could have an away team with more than five people. If your going against a huge group of Borg, five people is possibly not going to be the best amount to beat them, no matter what weapons you have. So what do you guys/girls think?
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-12-2011, 04:06 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-12-2011, 04:07 PM
I'm not so much worried about what should be put into STO as many items that I would like to see have already been listed by the devs as things they would like to put in. What I would like to see is something taken out... specifically every rank higher than Captain. There is no reason for Player Admirals to be in the game unless they are either commanding battle groups or driving a desk and even battle groups can be commanded by Captains so there's really no need for them even then.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-12-2011, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyph27 View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Stormshade
Well sorry! I'm not used to this stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-12-2011, 09:05 PM
The game currently has about 75 hours of /played time to go from 1 to 51 on the Fed PvE side. The Mission Content needs to be doubled to extend that to 150 hours - and, of course, the XP per mission needs to be decreased accordingly. A revamp of Exploration could cover a big chunk of this. It should be about 10 hours in your T1 ship. 20 in your T2. 30 in your T3. 40 in your T4. 50 in your T5 to level cap. The game then needs about 50 hours of repeatable end-game content: about 20 different 2.5 hour raid-style mission.

Then all the above needs to be done for the Klingons and then Romulation Factions.

After that the game needs to recognize character races within the missions so that the mission text is different if you are a Vulcan, Human, whatever. For example, a Fed Klingon should be treated very differently in missions involving Klingon opponents, etc.

And, of course, they still need to get out 1 new FE every couple of months.

And I will not even go into the PvP side of things.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-13-2011, 01:38 AM
What the game needs in my opinion is free space where fleets can construct starbases and take territory by destroying their enemies' starbases. Make starbases like little cities where players can build/repair their ships, buy/sell stuff, and train skills. Make starbases siege-able by any fleet so player fleets can have little wars with each other. Starbases should have npc guards to cut down random griefing, but not too numerous or powerful for 10 or more players to kill.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-13-2011, 02:47 PM
I just hope more opptions are given to players. For example, your ship's crew (not your bridge officers), create starbaces for fleets, and crew uniforms (again, not your bridge officers). I also wish that they could do more time travel missions.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-13-2011, 03:01 PM
Also, get rid of the Cryo Bombs, or what ever they are called, or at least be able to use them in missions only. Those things are the weapons of trolls.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-13-2011, 03:22 PM
If we are doing wish lists put this one in...

lets have some actualy "trek" type of events.

You are flying along and what do you know you receive a signal from a pre-warp civilization that should not have that type of technology. As you investigate you find Romulans influencing the developing culture.

Or Admiral Quinn contacts you and sends you to Cardassia to develop a relationship with the new Detapa Council or the Kazon makes official first contact with the UFP to fight the Hirogen (or fight the UFP??)
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-13-2011, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazKid
What the game needs in my opinion is free space where fleets can construct starbases and take territory by destroying their enemies' starbases. Make starbases like little cities where players can build/repair their ships, buy/sell stuff, and train skills. Make starbases siege-able by any fleet so player fleets can have little wars with each other. Starbases should have npc guards to cut down random griefing, but not too numerous or powerful for 10 or more players to kill.
Um, no thanks... I'd really rather not play EVE.