Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 I Have A New Idea Devs
09-12-2011, 08:40 PM
Yes, you heard that right.

Im going to make a proposal that you cannot refuse.... :p

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From now on, every revamp of every single ability that you do, Cryptic, release it on a fail-safe setting with 10% of the intended damage output and/or desired effect.

And instead of letting us PvP'ers stay in misery and complaints about OP abilities for 3 months until you finally fix it, we let you, Cryptic, be in misery about all the people on the forum complaining that the ability still sucks after the revamp. At least then you might consider revamping something more decent next time.

GG
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
09-12-2011, 08:45 PM
10% may be too low. i feel your idea though. it resonates.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
09-12-2011, 08:47 PM
This is a very good idea.

Good example: Klingon Vorcha Console - horrible

Bad example: Galaxy SS console - OP from the start, and has now received TWO buffs!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
09-12-2011, 08:59 PM
Here's an even crazier idea...

Create a complete copy of the game and run it on another server.... you could even put new code on their of all types... it seems pretty cliche to all it the "Test Server" perhaps it should get somekinda star trek related name or something.

Then you can put proposed changes and new ideas on there and, people can test them with out having to really deal with it ya know... and heck mabey we could add a section here where we could post our ideas on changes... especially if they don't work out ya know...

Its like letting us do half your job for ya... then ya just read all our feedback and if we are all telling you Whooo there big guy that isn't cool... You can fix it before you release it.... ya know.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
09-12-2011, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Here's an even crazier idea...

Create a complete copy of the game and run it on another server.... you could even put new code on their of all types... it seems pretty cliche to all it the "Test Server" perhaps it should get somekinda star trek related name or something.

Then you can put proposed changes and new ideas on there and, people can test them with out having to really deal with it ya know... and heck mabey we could add a section here where we could post our ideas on changes... especially if they don't work out ya know...

Its like letting us do half your job for ya... then ya just read all our feedback and if we are all telling you Whooo there big guy that isn't cool... You can fix it before you release it.... ya know.
Gee that sounds familiar... where have I see that before?

Oh that's right!

the TRIBBLE TEST SERVER

...too bad the devs don't listen to our advice on there...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
09-12-2011, 09:47 PM
Ya Marctraider I wasn't aiming the sarcasm at you btw....

Honestly Cryptic can't even bother to listen to sound feedback changes.... I expect them to put extra work in about ZERO percent.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
09-13-2011, 03:54 AM
I have a another Idea for Cryptic. Why don't they contact Bioware and tell them to hurry up with the release of SWTOR and all my issues with STO will be gone instantly.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
09-13-2011, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stegi
I have a another Idea for Cryptic. Why don't they contact Bioware and tell them to hurry up with the release of SWTOR and all my issues with STO will be gone instantly.
LOL ground.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
09-13-2011, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Ya Marctraider I wasn't aiming the sarcasm at you btw....

Honestly Cryptic can't even bother to listen to sound feedback changes.... I expect them to put extra work in about ZERO percent.
LoL I know Husanak :p

I posted this because of the apparent failure of the reason Tribble server actually exists. :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stegi
I have a another Idea for Cryptic. Why don't they contact Bioware and tell them to hurry up with the release of SWTOR and all my issues with STO will be gone instantly.
Nice to know I will have some company in ad ad ad ad ad >>>>>>S T A R W A R S T H E O L D R E P U B L I C <<<<< ad ad ad ad ad ad

Now gimme back my money.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
09-13-2011, 12:34 PM
It's unfortunate that when they get around to making a change, or releasing something new, they take it too far. The AI doesn't care but the players are left with broken and over powered mechanics. Just release stuff a little on the underpowered side and then ramp it up from there.

It might take some work to get it right but for a quality game it doesn't seem like too much to ask.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:51 PM.