Lt. Commander
# 111
09-14-2011, 07:47 AM
Im really disgusted by your haxoring! Everytime they got your shields down, you just turned around!
Lt. Commander
# 112
09-14-2011, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
That's somewhat of cheap excuse. If something is broken, don't use it. There are people who are very vocal on forums against SS, but when you meet them, you eat 30s SS3 from their premade team, even if they face random PuG.....I mean, what kind of challenge is that ?
I am always torn on this issue.

In the context of the Organized PvP tournament: A goal there is to get people into a mindset of "building a good team". There are some power limitations, but Scramble is still partially allowed (increasing the opportunity cost for taking Scramble but also the opportunity cost of taking science team or tactical team).

So in this context - you won't "learn" how to build a succesful team if you restrict your options more than other players. The tournament is ultimately a form of benchmark " how good are we at creating our team, how good can we react to others". And if we take options off that are allowed by the rules, we don't have a fair benchmark. We don't know if we're just not ready yet, if it's our coodination, if it's our ability to anticipate enemy builds and build counters into our team, or if it is reall yjust because we said no to Scramble and gave every other team the upper hand.

In the context of Queued PvP - for some it may be a test environment for their team build - the challenge isn't there, but like a weak group can be happy about killing at least one enemy ship, a strong group could also see an improvement in their tactics if they keep everyone alive, or the fight particularly short.
For others, I have no "excuses".
But I also know that there are plenty of premades that started to avoid the "broken" powers, and they'll still win usually.

And in a PuG - Why not at least try to have a fighting chance against Premades? And against other PuGs, just failing because they brought the broken abilities and you didn't, is it that enjoyable either? I don't think so? And if it is just one bad apple that can spoil the fun, it's really hard to avoid these abilities.

Ultimately, the community cannot fix the situation. We can sometimes try, when both sides can organize beforehand, but if we can't - it's difficult. And we really have to hope that the problematic abilities get fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 113
09-14-2011, 12:03 PM
I don't think it's too much to ask that people who recognize a problem refrain from exacerbating that problem. I don't get to police other people's builds though.
Lt. Commander
# 114
09-14-2011, 12:08 PM
THANK YOU Ice man for starting this thread..
Maybe Maybe some cryptic power to be will read this thread and read the overwhelming negative views the pvp community has aboutsome of the stupid and unbalanced skills in game and try to take in effort and fix them before losing the already diminishing pvp community.
I for one have stopped pugging mostly, as there is no way to get a 5 man pug group from getting together and even trying to fight once faced with a pre-made running a grav well to scramble 3/4 th of the team at least with 3 more copies of SS held in reserve..
I am sure some of u geniuses out there have better suggestions to fix this broken skill, so I will leave the podium for you, however on taking my leave niceties have to be observed and I must say this...
GG SOB....
Lt. Commander
# 115
09-14-2011, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellspawny View Post
Heck, there even is a failover for it. After two fails you actually skip that part of the mission. Lame, isn't it?

Nice summary btw.
And how exactly do you know this? LoL
Lt. Commander
# 116
09-14-2011, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
I don't think it's too much to ask that people who recognize a problem refrain from exacerbating that problem. I don't get to police other people's builds though.
Ditto.

I don't use Scramble/FAW/mines, and I'd hope that people don't use it against me. That being said, I don't usually say anything unless there is a mass amount of any of those. 1 Scramble, fine, whatever. 2-3 Scrambles constantly being spamming? GDIAF.
Lt. Commander
# 117
09-14-2011, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuccaneerDTB
And how exactly do you know this? LoL
Maybe he read the patch notes the day they "fixed" it like I did? (some other fix was taking effect that day. I happened to notice that one in there, which caused me to LOL)

From what I hear they don't even berate you for failing it either.
Lt. Commander
# 118
09-15-2011, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Specifically, we are considering increasing the recharge time for Tactical Team (reducing the cleanse time is problematic because of the duration of the shield rebalancing component of the power), which should also indirectly buff Boarding Party. In addition, we are getting some engine support to help alleviate some of the B'rel's pain.
Dude seriously? How can you fly a b'rel without tactical team? It has no hull or shields! Or are you guys actually trying to make it un-flyable? I mean really really trying.

Great job
Lt. Commander
# 119
09-15-2011, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoog
Dude seriously? How can you fly a b'rel without tactical team? It has no hull or shields! Or are you guys actually trying to make it un-flyable? I mean really really trying.

Great job
Not sure I'm following, you on this one. The b rel needed the Tac team buff ?

Btw the B Rel just got mostly unnerfed today.
Lt. Commander
# 120
09-15-2011, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Not sure I'm following, you on this one. The b rel needed the Tac team buff ?

Btw the B Rel just got mostly unnerfed today.
It's no longer a flying death trap!