Lt. Commander
# 41
09-13-2011, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Cryptic in my view needs to reduce the effectiveness of many of the games skills.... yes it would make PvE harder... no that is not a bad thing.

Role players can still put it on easy mode... and go a bit slower through their pvp missions. They will be fine I am sure.
Not sure if power effectiveness will help make pve harder
Lt. Commander
# 42
09-13-2011, 03:24 PM
Heretic

Welcome to the PvP Forums most of us here discuss a lot of things here in the forums and on the OPVP channel. I know many in the PvE/RP community feel like we are the squeaky wheel that always gets their grease and us here feel like the squeaky wheel that gets no grease, whether these perceptions are true or not is irrelevant of course but that is root of the "rivalry". We for the most part act civil but when it seems that we as a community are being "disenfranchised" we tend to dial up the vitriol to be heard. Its wrong but when the only way we get anything from cryptic is when we stomp, scream and bully people instead of when we try and offer criticism in a constructive matter it is hard not to "Pavlov's Dog" on these forums. I think I can speak for most, popping in is a good start but if you are the new PvP guru then we need you to be more visible here and in game. PvP right now is dying a slow crippling death there a are very few die hards left and the ones that are left are slowly losing patience. I am a die hard I may not be as good as others that post but lately the jones has disappeared I now get on every few days for a couple of hours instead of everyday for 4 hours. I can't stand PvPing against the best one match and the terrible the next and that chasm is getting ever wider between the good and the bad. So I implore you to help us or PvE will be all that left.
Lt. Commander
# 43
09-13-2011, 03:25 PM
lol good point... wicked Vid BTW... I laughed my backside off when I first saw this one, a while back.

This is exactly the point... anyone arguing that PvE is going to be too hard if we fix broken skills... must be the kinda folk that download game trainers... and by cheat code handbooks for their consul games.
Lt. Commander
# 44
09-13-2011, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
The delay with Scramble Sensors activating was a bug that caused the power to operate inconsistently with other powers in the game, ergo the bug fix.

That being said, we are reviewing several powers with an eye towards moderating their issues in PvP, including both potentially overpowered (Scramble Sensors, Tactical Team) and underpowered (Boarding Party) abilities.

We are aware that many in the PvP community feel diserviced; there are innumerable reasons for this sentiment, some of them entirely legitimate. That being said, neither I nor anyone else on the team can change the past.

What I will do, however, is be open to any constructive feedback, all of which will be read, taken into consideration and where appropriate acted upon.
if ur looking for feedback, we all, pvp, got together and made suggestions at which would help u out http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=228167
Lt. Commander
# 45
09-13-2011, 03:50 PM
Well if you want to bring PVE into this discussion, scramble sensors is unique in that it goes from utterly useless to incredibly OP depending on how many enemies there are and whether they are bosses or not.

That is a big reason I favor changing SS into a straight accuracy/healing debuff so it works in any encounter.
Lt. Commander
# 46
09-13-2011, 03:53 PM
make everyone look like enemys, not friends, thus you cant target anyone else with buffs. make sci team clear it 100% of the time. at that point it will be overpowered, but not lol broken
Lt. Commander
# 47
09-13-2011, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
make everyone look like enemys, not friends, thus you cant target anyone else with buffs. make sci team clear it 100% of the time. at that point it will be overpowered, but not lol broken
Well if the fix is to force everyone to carry a sci team and remove the element of team work... then it should have its duration reduced to at least half as well.
Lt. Commander
# 48
09-13-2011, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Well if the fix is to force everyone to carry a sci team and remove the element of team work... then it should have its duration reduced to at least half as well.
But the problem is, some ships can't even slot the required counters to all the sci spam even if they want to.
Needs HE, PH and ST to be somewhat on the save side in regard to counters. And a lot of ships don't have those 3 sci powers available. While everyone can slot counters for weapon fire easily for example.
Lt. Commander
# 49
09-13-2011, 04:13 PM
Hey hey hey.

Please give Heretic some /buff

At least there is a developer responding to our complaints and stuff now... lol
Lt. Commander
# 50
09-13-2011, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
Yup I have added that suggestion to the PvP improvement list with some additional stuff.