Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
09-13-2011, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedJedi
PvE-ers want to be able to carry multiple torp launchers so they can "look like canon?"

It's no longer 'LOLGround'... It has become: 'LOLBalance'

*sad panda*
Actually my friend you just stumbled on to the reason I suspect that it's setup this way. ships you get from the vendors come with multiple (often 4!) torpedo launchers. So rather than change the equipment load out on all the ships by default, cryptic changed the game to accommodate the 'default' loadout.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
09-13-2011, 06:28 AM
You know, it does sound assassine, but it could be very much the reason, plus it does look more canon.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
09-13-2011, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceroid View Post
Torpedo global cooldowns are being reduced to 1 second.
****ing hell

Whose bright idea was that?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
09-13-2011, 06:31 AM
upgraded from 2 launchers to 3 photons... omg.

LOLTorps.

Torp Spread + HY one right after another.... really... Really and someone thought this was a great idea?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
09-13-2011, 06:31 AM
Relax guys, cryptic's got more pressing issues to deal with

This is a huge game breaking issue
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
09-13-2011, 06:34 AM
Somebody call the devs!
We have a code blue here people! A code blue!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
09-13-2011, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
You know, it's funny how cryptic always seems to do things to screw up pvp, every single time the community starts to drum up interest in it with things like the opvp tournaments. It's as if it is fully intentional.
(Bold emphasis added by me)

Sadly, I'm growing to believe this is the truth more every day.

What we have is fun but Cryptic seems determined to ruin it to the point where we all go find something else to do...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
09-13-2011, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsBody
(Bold emphasis added by me)

Sadly, I'm growing to believe this is the truth more every day.

What we have is fun but Cryptic seems determined to ruin it to the point where we all go find something else to do...
Well think about it, it's much easier to design a costume and a heinously imbalanced game that only an utterly novice gamer can enjoy, than a deeper balanced game that will appeal to anyone with more than a basement level IQ.

We hate pve because the AI is utterly braindead. We hate the stfs because they are so poorly designed that they do not provide a legitamate challenge, and we hate a horribly balanced playing experience. Fixing all of that would be 'hard' (to quote cryptic about -actually- fixing FAW), getting rid of us is much easier.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
09-13-2011, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
Well think about it, it's much easier to design a costume and a heinously imbalanced game that only an utterly novice gamer can enjoy, than a deeper balanced game that will appeal to anyone with more than a basement level IQ.
I've had a bit of a conspiracy going on in my head that they may have made the game intentionally what we would call "bad" in order to attract those kinds of people. A more intelligent game would threaten to draw more discerning customers who would not at all like being five and ten'd via the C-store while paying a monthly sub...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
09-13-2011, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
Well think about it, it's much easier to design a costume
You're wrong, good sir. If it was really easier to design and fix costumes, then tell me... why is this problem still here?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:52 AM.