Lt. Commander
# 1 mutiple monitors
07-26-2011, 03:55 PM
Their was once a thread for this but got archived. I'm hoping this will create renewed interest in this option.
I would love to have my main interface for STO in one monitor and have the UI, map, chat, click bar, ect in another window. I've seen this done in other games. I hope this will catch a developers attention to get an official answer.
Thank you
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-26-2011, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurga
Their was once a thread for this but got archived. I'm hoping this will create renewed interest in this option.
I would love to have my main interface for STO in one monitor and have the UI, map, chat, click bar, ect in another window. I've seen this done in other games. I hope this will catch a developers attention to get an official answer.
Thank you
*salivates rabidly*

Oh please, yes, make it so. make it the hell so.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-27-2011, 02:47 AM
That would be awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-28-2011, 08:58 AM
I'd even buy a second copy of STO for the other monitor!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-28-2011, 09:34 AM
Please dev's, make it so!

Lt. Commander
# 6
07-28-2011, 10:20 AM
yes that would be great when this came natively as a game feature.
At the moment i am using a HD-multiplier to play game with 4 screens. It works, but when implemented as feature it would rock.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-28-2011, 10:22 AM
Considered looking into AMD's Eyefinity system. Looks interesting and had a friend playing Modern Warefarre2 on it... but it takes three monitors and each is treated semi-indeterminately...
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-29-2011, 04:27 AM
The "problem" with Eyefinity and nVidia Surround is that your graphics card treats all three monitors as a combined output, as does any program running on your PC. This means that the view in STO would be across all three (while it would probably look great, honestly) instead of having one monitor displaying the ship and functional UI, with another monitor displaying chat, map etc.

I'd certainly like to be able to have my sector/quadrant map open on my other monitor, along with the chat and combatlog etc over there. It'd be nice if they could take a leaf out of Supreme Commander's book in this regard.

Furthermore, it'd be fantastic if we could simply "pin" windows open on another screen in this fashion. An option in the graphics tab to enable a second screen for utility, and then an extra button on top of each UI window (log, skill, inventory, etc) and the ability to have a windowed map over there as well. They could be dragged over there and pinned open so pressing escape wouldn't shut them all down.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-29-2011, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyk
Furthermore, it'd be fantastic if we could simply "pin" windows open on another screen in this fashion. An option in the graphics tab to enable a second screen for utility, and then an extra button on top of each UI window (log, skill, inventory, etc) and the ability to have a windowed map over there as well. They could be dragged over there and pinned open so pressing escape wouldn't shut them all down.
Great idea! I have two monitors, and while it's nice to use the larger one, I would love to have functionality on both of them.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-29-2011, 12:36 PM
Well, with AMD eyefinity - I run 3 monitors and can span the interface, resize map window, etc across all 3.. its not STRETCHED but a higher resolution.. I have 6 monitors - but until STO works better with AMD"s CrossFireX - I cant combine the 2 5770 Eyefinity 6 cards in my system to power all 6 monitors.. I actually get worse performance running both cards then I do the 1, even on a single monitor.

- X -