Lt. Commander
So last night I had do a factory restart of my android phone. ( why I had to do it doesn't matter ) what matters is that my favorite app is gone thanks to CBS.

The Tricorder App a very fun and useful app for my android. it would allow me to follow sun spots and solar activity. You could see what satellites you were connected to, and where you were located in the world. it detected magnetic fields and motion.

I mean I can get all these apps on the store, but they are no long in one place in a fun nerd package because CBS shut them down..

This is a sad thing in my opinion for trek fans that they would crush the creativeness of a fellow star trek fan because he had an application that was free, and it promoted star trek. if anything this helped them, but instead greed won the day in the end.

Here is one of the sources
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-13-2011, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
So last night I had do a factory restart of my android phone. ( why I had to do it doesn't matter ) what matters is that my favorite app is gone thanks to CBS.

The Tricorder App a very fun and useful app for my android. it would allow me to follow sun spots and solar activity. You could see what satellites you were connected to, and where you were located in the world. it detected magnetic fields and motion.

I mean I can get all these apps on the store, but they are no long in one place in a fun nerd package because CBS shut them down..

This is a sad thing in my opinion for trek fans that they would crush the creativeness of a fellow star trek fan because he had an application that was free, and it promoted star trek. if anything this helped them, but instead greed won the day in the end.

Here is one of the sources
That's just plain stupid. The reason for CBS doing that. Just get over the fact there are fans and NO you don't own our creative spirit.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-13-2011, 11:13 AM
*Picard facepalm*

Herp derp, CBS. Herp derp.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-13-2011, 11:31 AM
God Forbid that the General Star Trek Public should ever make something better than the <insert preferred technical term>'s at CBS Marketing come up with.

I checked out the Official Trek PADD... it sucks.

<grumble... grumble... grumble...>
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-13-2011, 11:53 AM
i m sure CBS is just low on cups, like everybody else. I mean think about it, many bad decisions can be explained that way....*grabs a history book* so when did cups enter the picture anyway
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-13-2011, 01:00 PM
Baka CBS

time to google for a copy.

edit: found it. I would post a link but I don't want to get into trouble needless to say it took me all of 5 mins to find version 5.9.

That's what I love about Android is that you can install non-market apps. Like I used to be able to do on old WinMo before MS tried to be Apple.

edit2: found 5.11
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-13-2011, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuboyT View Post

edit2: found 5.11
I found it too... Whats Ironic... The website where I got it from is... wait for it... wait for it.. Owned by CBS!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-13-2011, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
I found it too... Whats Ironic... The website where I got it from is... wait for it... wait for it.. Owned by CBS!!!!
Brilliant!
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-13-2011, 02:38 PM
Sarcasm.Activate();
Way to be classy CBS
Sarcasm.Standby();

I don't always scan anomalies,
but when I do I prefer Mr. Tricorder. (http://media.photobucket.com/image/M...-tricorder.jpg)
Stay Trekkie my BOFFs.

Lt. Commander
# 10
09-13-2011, 03:05 PM
I remember this app It actually came in handy almost a year ago when I was putting up a weather station thing on my roof and found I needed a compass. may not have been super accurate but got the job done. Forgot that I hadn't reloaded it after I updated to gingerbread. wohoo titanium backup.