Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Torpedoe Cooldown Reduced!!!
09-13-2011, 04:17 PM
The biggest single change in this games short history is about to come. Now healing will be put back in balance, zombie cruisers will eat ****, and hundreds if not thousands of torpedo-less builds will now become: worthless.

Thats right, all u faw, 8 beam array noobs, are about to reap the whirlwind. Dont lump this in with other changes, and try to qq about other things and change the topic. This change is NEEDED should have been from day 1. A shield penetration wiindow is too short for only 1 volley, a psw stun, a sheld drop, phaser proc... now its alot different.

RSP? Nah, chain torps in your *** bye bye. Actual skills will be necessary, not just creating an uber unstoppable setup and pushing the macro key. You have to time, you have to be wise, and you have to learn.

Learn what u should have in the begining,how to play. Dont abuse hax, like the age old vm users who left after it got nerfed, to anyone who beefs about this and bails, good riddance, you will not be missed.

Sad tho, some might hold their tongue, better to be thought a fool and remain silent, than ***** about this and remove all doubt.

So. Once this goes live, who wants to be the first to eat 3 plasm and 1 tric in a psw stun window? I know, u cant even land 1, u suck. But now ur gonna die, like left right up down and middle.


THE DAYS OF BLATANTLY EXPOSING YOURSELF TO ATTACKS BECUS THEY ARE WEAK IS OVER, NOW U GET SHOT AND YOU WILL DIE! NOW THIS MAY ACTUALLY BE A REAL GAME! INSTEAD OF A LOL FEST!!!!


rage off. omfg bring me torp cd 1sec, joyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
09-13-2011, 04:20 PM
2 Photon Launchers is crazy enough on live.

This one ups the hilarity by allowing hy strikes literally 1 second after Torp Spread has had it's way.
3 Photons.... my god... just what... what are you thinking cryptic? 3 launchers is +300 percent torp damage. That's greater than HY3. And that's assuming of course you didn't HY or Torp Spread at least one of those launchers.

To put this in perspective, it almost looks like I have as many torps streaming out of my ship as I do DHC and turret bolts. I don't think I need to lecture anyone about the really high crit potential of torpedo weapons. (and if I do you don't have any business being on tribble doing testing for the devs and if you are a dev and don't know this you have no business designing anything but costumes)

The 1 second GCD is basically a free high yield even if your HY is on cooldown or in it's global. Should your target be unfortunate enough that you've waited 15 seconds before firing and you que up your second hy, they suddenly are going to eat 2 simultaneous high yield or torp spread strikes. Even if you don't successfully chain your high yield, don't despair though, you get to add +100 percent Torp damage to your high yield strikes with this 1 second global. That's better than any upgrade in rank of HY (going from 1 to 2 and 2 to 3... it's better than doing that) more damage with less torps fired = superior burst.

Sci ships are going to be carrying 3 photons upfront to get maximum torp cycling, with their usual CPB and PSW combo. If they are especially evil they will be packing New Scramble (TM) with it. This instant global is largely why pengs were so overpowered.

Escorts are going to be MVaming with CPB2, and two launchers to get maximum burst potential. - me From Tribble thread.

Trust me Mini this is going to fry you far more than it's going to benefit you. Specially since you know... scramble just means your cloak means free shield removal.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
09-13-2011, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
The biggest single change in this games short history is about to come. Now healing will be put back in balance, zombie cruisers will eat ****, and hundreds if not thousands of torpedo-less builds will now become: worthless.

Thats right, all u faw, 8 beam array noobs, are about to reap the whirlwind. Dont lump this in with other changes, and try to qq about other things and change the topic. This change is NEEDED should have been from day 1. A shield penetration wiindow is too short for only 1 volley, a psw stun, a sheld drop, phaser proc... now its alot different.

RSP? Nah, chain torps in your *** bye bye. Actual skills will be necessary, not just creating an uber unstoppable setup and pushing the macro key. You have to time, you have to be wise, and you have to learn.

Learn what u should have in the begining,how to play. Dont abuse hax, like the age old vm users who left after it got nerfed, to anyone who beefs about this and bails, good riddance, you will not be missed.

Sad tho, some might hold their tongue, better to be thought a fool and remain silent, than ***** about this and remove all doubt.

So. Once this goes live, who wants to be the first to eat 3 plasm and 1 tric in a psw stun window? I know, u cant even land 1, u suck. But now ur gonna die, like left right up down and middle.


THE DAYS OF BLATANTLY EXPOSING YOURSELF TO ATTACKS BECUS THEY ARE WEAK IS OVER, NOW U GET SHOT AND YOU WILL DIE! NOW THIS MAY ACTUALLY BE A REAL GAME! INSTEAD OF A LOL FEST!!!!


rage off. omfg bring me torp cd 1sec, joyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy


AND WITH 10 MAN ARENA WITH EVERY SINGLE SHIP 8 TORPEDOS AND 2 COPIES OF SPREAD 3 IT WILL BE 1000000* spreads PER MINUTE WHICH WILL CRASH THE WHOLE SERVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will love to try this out :p
I just threw my Tricobalts out of the ventilation shaft.....7%&%^*%^(% ouch... There goes my paint :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
09-13-2011, 05:17 PM
does this effect special torps like tricobalts and the harpengs?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
09-13-2011, 09:10 PM
doesnt affect trics
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
09-13-2011, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
does this effect special torps like tricobalts and the harpengs?
Not trics, pengs or breen cluster.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
09-13-2011, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
The biggest single change in this games short history is about to come. Now healing will be put back in balance, zombie cruisers will eat ****, and hundreds if not thousands of torpedo-less builds will now become: worthless.

Thats right, all u faw, 8 beam array noobs, are about to reap the whirlwind. Dont lump this in with other changes, and try to qq about other things and change the topic. This change is NEEDED should have been from day 1. A shield penetration wiindow is too short for only 1 volley, a psw stun, a sheld drop, phaser proc... now its alot different.

RSP? Nah, chain torps in your *** bye bye. Actual skills will be necessary, not just creating an uber unstoppable setup and pushing the macro key. You have to time, you have to be wise, and you have to learn.

Learn what u should have in the begining,how to play. Dont abuse hax, like the age old vm users who left after it got nerfed, to anyone who beefs about this and bails, good riddance, you will not be missed.

Sad tho, some might hold their tongue, better to be thought a fool and remain silent, than ***** about this and remove all doubt.

So. Once this goes live, who wants to be the first to eat 3 plasm and 1 tric in a psw stun window? I know, u cant even land 1, u suck. But now ur gonna die, like left right up down and middle.


THE DAYS OF BLATANTLY EXPOSING YOURSELF TO ATTACKS BECUS THEY ARE WEAK IS OVER, NOW U GET SHOT AND YOU WILL DIE! NOW THIS MAY ACTUALLY BE A REAL GAME! INSTEAD OF A LOL FEST!!!!


rage off. omfg bring me torp cd 1sec, joyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Hahaha nice post again. As a dual photon torpedo user I'm fairly happy with this change.....however, some torpedo abilities may require tweaks after this.

I think the reasoning behind this change is that equipping more launchers should be beneficial as much as equiping more energy weapons. It also makes torpedo tactical consoles a bit more worthwhile.

But I like the fact all those all energy builds will be rather lacking after this change.

I wonder how much dps bleedthrough 3x rapid firing transphasic torpedoes will do after this change...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
09-14-2011, 12:38 AM
Did you really need to post two threads?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
09-14-2011, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
AND WITH 10 MAN ARENA WITH EVERY SINGLE SHIP 8 TORPEDOS AND 2 COPIES OF SPREAD 3 IT WILL BE 1000000* spreads PER MINUTE WHICH WILL CRASH THE WHOLE SERVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will love to try this out :p
I just threw my Tricobalts out of the ventilation shaft.....7%&%^*%^(% ouch... There goes my paint :p
dont give up on tricobaltz
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
09-14-2011, 05:19 PM
Tricobalt bomber on a BoP. That will be quite interesting.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:57 PM.