Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
torp spread is bugged, torpedo cooldown shoudl be reduced as planned, and torp spread nerfed as we all know. any one mixing torp spread into discussions about cooldowns is blatantly biased, and therefore their comments need to be ignored. carry on
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-13-2011, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
torp spread is bugged, torpedo cooldown shoudl be reduced as planned, and torp spread nerfed as we all know. any one mixing torp spread into discussions about cooldowns is blatantly biased, and therefore their comments need to be ignored. carry on
NO being able to preload HY... and fire off 4-8 torps in 1.2 seconds is just as bad an idea.

Long live the sci ship

Really Mini... this is just going to take what you can do after lots of practice and some skill... a 1000 times easier to pull of for noobs.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-13-2011, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
NO being able to preload HY 3... and fire off 8 torps in 1.2 seconds is just as bad an idea.

Long live the sci ship
you kidding right. sci ships **** torps are laughable jokes. hy3 is **** anyway, husanak how the hell can u say such dumb **** after all youve been thru?????????

signle torp damagecriticals are the only relevant factor in downing high buffed tanks.

8 torps in 1.2 seconds? thats NOTHING! these are giant ships with 1000 crew and multiple torpedo tubes. what was before, was ludicrous. sfc3 had no torp gc. many other games have come before in trek, none had such a "one torp at a time" retardedness.
i hope, no, i pray, that this change goes thru and isnt pre nerfed like brel. you people will only begin to understand.. what u have been missing.

rant off doune talking about this till later
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-13-2011, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
you kidding right. sci ships **** torps are laughable jokes. hy3 is **** anyway, husanak how the hell can u say such dumb **** after all youve been thru?????????

signle torp damagecriticals are the only relevant factor in downing high buffed tanks.

8 torps in 1.2 seconds? thats NOTHING! these are giant ships with 1000 crew and multiple torpedo tubes. what was before, was ludicrous. sfc3 had no torp gc. many other games have come before in trek, none had such a "one torp at a time" retardedness.
i hope, no, i pray, that this change goes thru and isnt pre nerfed like brel. you people will only begin to understand.. what u have been missing.

rant off doune talking about this till later
Honestly I'm fine with the change Mini... I don't like torp cool downs at all.

Its simply going to be used in combo with a bunch of other broken junk... and drive people insane. This is a buff to your play style... its a buff to mine as well. It is also a buff to every shield stripping fed sci ship that where already more powerful then they should be.

HY 3 your right not the best skill in the world.... I will likely by running HY 1 and pre loading to spit 4 torps out with the higher base dmg of HY 1 and the crit chance of HY 3.... it will make for big pops for sure. Heck now I can spit out 4 HY 1 torps... and follow it with a tric launch all in the same run. No more starting my runs at 8k so I can get it all off... I can just decloak at 4k.

Honestly well have to see how it works out... I don't hate the reduction it could be a good change. Of course if it turns out to be a terrible change and a huge buff to fed sci ships, it won't ever get fixed either will it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-13-2011, 05:23 PM
yet another reason transphasics might be handy, fire a bunch load and who cares if they have shields up or not?
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-13-2011, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
yet another reason transphasics might be handy, fire a bunch load and who cares if they have shields up or not?
yeah, lots of old ways crappy styles are now almost workable
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-13-2011, 07:55 PM
The more I think about this change to the torp global the more I like it really... it will give us more burst sure... but the game kinda needs more of that anyway.

The real issue today was the bad timing pushing it as the same time as basicly a SS buff. As I was reading the change notes I started with the mental picture of getting SS dropped on me and having ZERO reaction time... then I read there buffing dumb Pay to Win FED BS units... then I get to the part about the global change... and with all the other pictures in my head I am remembering how annoying it was to run into Peng Peng sci ships... and can't help but picture the SS / Torp Spread sci shows these changes all add up too.....

In the End the Torp global change is good.... just the other dumb changes today make it so hard to not think of the negative... ya know.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-13-2011, 11:27 PM
There will be always boring people screwing up mechanics and create some awful builds. Nothing is perfect. But I would rather tweak torpedo abilities and remove the GC on torpedoes, because it makes equiping more tubes beneficial "like" equipping more energy weapons. It also makes torpedo/projectile consoles more worthwhile...

No matter what changes, a properly piloted sci/sci ship can be really pain in the ***...so really, we cannot judge every change around them.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-14-2011, 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
There will be always boring people screwing up mechanics and create some awful builds. Nothing is perfect. But I would rather tweak torpedo abilities and remove the GC on torpedoes, because it makes equiping more tubes beneficial "like" equipping more energy weapons. It also makes torpedo/projectile consoles more worthwhile...

No matter what changes, a properly piloted sci/sci ship can be really pain in the ***...so really, we cannot judge every change around them.
lol just torp units... torp preotection units too... I think the fair market value for a mono armour unit is about to go up. lol
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-14-2011, 10:37 AM
I think the combination of the Torpedo Spread change and the torpedo cooldown change are too much. But if Torpedo Spread critical hit damage was reduced, it isn't a big issue. It might give torps a small improvement, but torps could use a small improvement in the first place, so nothing wrong there.

Though I still think the biggest torp issue is that too many of them are crap, not their cooldown.