Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
Hi,
I read in various places that you get a free Respec Token with each new Rank. Yesterday my first Character reched Lt Cmdr, in the chatbox it says 1 Respec Token but received but I couldn't find it in my inventroy so I wrote a ticket. The Support answered that there is no free Retrain Token for the Rank up to Lt Cmdr just the stuff that I got like additional slots and so on. Okay, thought I get something wrong here but today the second Character became Lt Cmdr and I took a screenshot - it definetyl says 1 Respec token received on the last line of the chat. But again it's not there. Before I get the same answer again from the support I would like to know if other players received the Token or not.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-11-2011, 03:22 AM
Go to the center of Starbase 1 (ESD). Find the training officer (pink guy)... he will show you if you can retrain or not...

The tolken is not an item, or somthing like that. Its simply a note added to your account.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-11-2011, 04:22 AM
OK, thanks for clearing this. I wonder why the GM just told me I don't get a Respec Token instead of just telling me how the system works...
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-11-2011, 06:20 AM
That's how support works nowadays Welcome to the internet (no pun towards you intended).
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-11-2011, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolas76
OK, thanks for clearing this. I wonder why the GM just told me I don't get a Respec Token instead of just telling me how the system works...
yeah, there is no way to check if you have a token or not unless you actually go to the trainer and try to respec. Personally, i save all of mine up until admiral. It's not like the lower tier skills make that much difference. I've done one at captain on one of my toons, but otherwise i wait until RA or VA.

And i have no idea why the GM would say that. Maybe he thought we were F2P already (where silvers do not get any respec tokens)
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-11-2011, 09:58 AM
I fondly remember the one time I bothered with the customer support, to ask where my 500 day veteran reward was, and they told me no one had received it yet, cause the game hasn't been live for 500 days yet. Which was true, but he failed to take open beta and headstart into account and people were clear as day already running around in Jupiter Vet uniforms on spadedock.
Ultimately I screwed up my veteran counter somewhere between 400 and 500 days by entering another retail key, which added another 30 free days to my account even though I was a lifer already.
Needless to say I wasn't refunded anything.

And the point if the story, customer support knows jack about what happens im game outside of their preprinted guideline books.

Edit: note that this was still Atari support. I am completely unbiased concerning PW.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-11-2011, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timelord_Victorious
Edit: note that this was still Atari support. I am completely unbiased concerning PW.
They still sign their answers as "Atari Support". When I asked them to change my currency to Euro (don't know why it was Dollar by default but the language set to german) everything worked like a charm. I wonder why...

Now they answered my second ticket: They understand all my problems but can't help me. Since they think it's a bug they forwarded it as a bug report. I definetly took the wrong job.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-11-2011, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LasseBlutstroemen
That's how support works nowadays Welcome to the internet (no pun towards you intended).
Thats how support works on STO, in other places in the internet it works just fine....
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-11-2011, 12:49 PM
I wish there were additional listings in our Assets tab in our Inventory screen that told us things like:
  • How Many Respecs we have. (not displayed anywhere)
  • How Many free ship tokens we have.
Probably a few other things too but I am having a brain fart.

Sometimes it is just nice to be able to check without having to travel to the shipyard to see some of these things.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-15-2011, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolas76
If you look through my past posts you'll see why I personally think their support and GM teams don't seem to play STO. The GM's I've had dealings with seem to lack basic knowledge of the game. It's like calling a BT or AT&T call center.

I'ld happily to their job for free part time if I get to play STO whilst doing it.