Lt. Commander
# 1 Fast ship engines?
09-14-2011, 05:37 AM
I have seen several ships fly almost twice as fast as me. They are not using slipstream and not using borg engines. Are there any engines that give more/speed, This would be in sector space or the clusters where there is no impulse, technically you are in warp.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-14-2011, 05:51 AM
maximum standard speed for all ships at warp is 9,97, with borg engine increase to warp 14 and slipstream warp 20. Nothing has been mentioned by the devs is they are increasing the warp speed but it would be cool once the get rid of the sector walls and make a giant one map for us to travel.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-14-2011, 06:13 AM
I usually turn the borg engines FX off. That might be what's happening. Also doesn't grant immunity or one of the other earnable powers offer a warp increase to targets?
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-14-2011, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlava646 View Post
I have seen several ships fly almost twice as fast as me. They are not using slipstream and not using borg engines. Are there any engines that give more/speed, This would be in sector space or the clusters where there is no impulse, technically you are in warp.
Your travel speed in Sector Space increases as you level. Someone level 5 flies a little faster then someone level 4, and so on. The only ways someone can be flying faster then you in Sector Space, without Slipsptream, is if they are higher level or they are using Borg Engines - with the display turned off.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-14-2011, 08:47 AM
I use the Borg engines, but turn the visuals off :p That is probably what is happening. Plus, like Cosmic_One said, if you are lvl 1, you are traveling at like warp 7, but someone who is a VA, could be traveling at warp 14, with the visuals off. So next time you see a person doing that, see what lvl they are, and if they are the same lvl, PM them, and see if they have the Borg engines.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-14-2011, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamRadio18
I use the Borg engines, but turn the visuals off :p That is probably what is happening. Plus, like Cosmic_One said, if you are lvl 1, you are traveling at like warp 7, but someone who is a VA, could be traveling at warp 14, with the visuals off. So next time you see a person doing that, see what lvl they are, and if they are the same lvl, PM them, and see if they have the Borg engines.
ya, well once your at VA like i said your maximum warp speed with the ship's warp engine 9.97 but ya once u add the borg engine its warp 14 and with VA your unlock Quantum slipstream drive which is warp 20. I use both all the time and i love it warp 14 for crusing and maxmium warp when i feel like going faster or im iimpatient.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-14-2011, 03:55 PM
Commonly forgotten fact:

The Galaxy-X does Warp 10 without any Borg or Slipstream buffs.

Additionally, not everyone likes the visuals of the Borg engine. (On some ships it does look like a violent expulsion of methane... Cough...) So while they might be using the Borg engine, they can simply turn off the visuals in the ship status window, and they will be visually identical to any other ship flying around in sector space.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-14-2011, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
Commonly forgotten fact:

The Galaxy-X does Warp 10 without any Borg or Slipstream buffs.

Additionally, not everyone likes the visuals of the Borg engine. (On some ships it does look like a violent expulsion of methane... Cough...) So while they might be using the Borg engine, they can simply turn off the visuals in the ship status window, and they will be visually identical to any other ship flying around in sector space.
Not everyone knew about that. I am one of those people. Galaxy can do warp 10 hmm i thought when i started playing this game the that standard warp engine speed for Galaxy was warp 13 like it was in AGT?
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-14-2011, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAJ_2011
Not everyone knew about that. I am one of those people. Galaxy can do warp 10 hmm i thought when i started playing this game the that standard warp engine speed for Galaxy was warp 13 like it was in AGT?
Could well be Warp 13. Having said that It's been a while since I've flown it, and the last time I said it flew Warp 13, someone corrected me and said it was Warp 10.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-14-2011, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
Could well be Warp 13. Having said that It's been a while since I've flown it, and the last time I said it flew Warp 13, someone corrected me and said it was Warp 10.
Well it could be the in game its warp 10 and not warp 13 which i think is canon in st agt but i don't know if that was the maximum warp speed of the refited galaxy?