Lt. Commander
# 1 KDF: New variants confirmed
07-14-2011, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptLogan
I'm making a new variant for every BoP below tier 5. Should be done with BoP's by early next week.

Next up is cruisers, then Battleships... maybe a carrier.

I've started pushing the idea of a KDF flagship too... it won't be a huge crazy contest and stuff like the new Enterprise is, but nonetheless as far as STO is concerned it'll be a big deal. It's my top priority for my next schedule. If everything goes my way I'll have a KDF flagship in the works by September...

if you quote me on this, please also include that my statements are unofficial and it 's just something that I'm personally trying to push for, and not something that I a actually get to decide. But I think it'll happen.
KDF captains, new variants are coming for you, and bound to come sooner than later Just thought I'd let you all know

NOTE: everything in the above quote is not set in stone: they are the hopes of an honorable hard-working man, so keep that in mind
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-14-2011, 06:20 PM
Where oh where did you find that loverly little nugget? I want to read that entire thread/interview/account, every last line.

Lt. Commander
# 3
07-15-2011, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Where oh where did you find that loverly little nugget? I want to read that entire thread/interview/account, every last line.

it was found in The Art of Star Trek Online area, somewhere in the 'Season 4 broke my Luna Class' (has a thumbs down on it)
that reply i quoted was said by CaptLogan, and i'm sorry to say, that's all he said (but hopefully he'll say more soon, or leak it sooner )
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-16-2011, 07:00 AM
Really, really hoping we get a flagship. Also really, really hoping he gets a chance to make a third carrier variant - my Vo'Quv could use some additional options >.>
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-16-2011, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistformsquirrel
Really, really hoping we get a flagship. Also really, really hoping he gets a chance to make a third carrier variant - my Vo'Quv could use some additional options >.>
agreed, the KDF need a lot more ship variants The more, the better, and preferably spread out to all classes and ranks
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-18-2011, 01:31 AM
It would be nice if they would give the T5 BoPs the option of a Brel skin

I love the looks of the Brel but the T6 version is a P.O.S

Be cool to keep my T5 layout and regular battlecloak but have the Brel skin...
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-18-2011, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank65
It would be nice if they would give the T5 BoPs the option of a Brel skin

I love the looks of the Brel but the T6 version is a P.O.S

Be cool to keep my T5 layout and regular battlecloak but have the Brel skin...
The B'Rel is more than half the size of the Hegh'Ta, so in order to give it a "B'Rel skin" it would have to be supersized to match the Hegh'Ta's hull, making it 350m in size. That means its a K'Vort class Bird of Prey.

However, the T5 Bird of Prey is a Raider. The K'Vort is a Cruiser. So the two obviously do not fit despite a similarity in size.

Bottom line: The T5 Bird of Prey "Hegh'Ta" should not have a B'Rel-like skin.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-18-2011, 05:45 AM
One word:- WIN!
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-18-2011, 05:49 AM
I will believe it when I fly my D5.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-18-2011, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiric_hoshi View Post
The B'Rel is more than half the size of the Hegh'Ta, so in order to give it a "B'Rel skin" it would have to be supersized to match the Hegh'Ta's hull, making it 350m in size. That means its a K'Vort class Bird of Prey.

However, the T5 Bird of Prey is a Raider. The K'Vort is a Cruiser. So the two obviously do not fit despite a similarity in size.

Bottom line: The T5 Bird of Prey "Hegh'Ta" should not have a B'Rel-like skin.
Well then take the brel up the hull and shields to the T5 varient reinstal the science console and the regular
battlecloak drop the fire while cloaked and there you go a brel in the T5 style.