Lt. Commander
# 31
09-14-2011, 10:18 PM
Well, somewhat it would be enough if team powers would just not misfire...i mean, if i want my redshirts to move from one side of the ship to another, they do not need to use the transporter room.....

I think the main grip for most is, that even if you have the counter ready, there is a chance it wont work, because the spam around you....

But that still doesn't solve the cloaking bug issue...which sadly affects even mine dreadnought :p
Lt. Commander
# 32
09-14-2011, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
Sooo... you do realize that you're then going to make scramble all but useless against a spam heavy team, right? Now don't get me wrong, a part of me really likes to see scramble being nerfed into the ground but another part of me realizes the shortfalls of this approach...
Question might be - if it still hits the initial target first, you can guarantee to affect a single player ship at least. Maybe that will lead to people needing multiple Scrambles on their "Scrambler" Science Vessel, but I don't see that as bad. It raises the opportunity cost - the same thing the OPvP tournament tries to do with the Scramble Sensors 1 and 2 limitation.

Quote:
  • Encouraging spam isn't a good thing
  • Scramble helps to counter out of control healing
I would still be more in favor of removing the "confusion" part entirely, and just have it a hard debuff to Healing, Damage and perhaps also Perception.
Lt. Commander
# 33
09-15-2011, 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Question might be - if it still hits the initial target first, you can guarantee to affect a single player ship at least. Maybe that will lead to people needing multiple Scrambles on their "Scrambler" Science Vessel, but I don't see that as bad. It raises the opportunity cost
That's how I assumed it would work. It's still not going to be worth taking against a spam heavy team becuase the chances of hitting more than one target will be negligible, and your scramble will be cleared instantly vs. a good team. I would rather see scramble removed entirely and replaced with another skill to counter healing vs. this new version that will just encourage everyone to be as spammy as possible.
Lt. Commander
# 34
09-15-2011, 05:37 AM
How about a different approach, where scramble [1] Clears your current target, [2] Randomly shuffles your target for x seconds. (only between players)

Enemies are still enemies, friends are still friends, it's just your target that jumps around uncontrollably.
Lt. Commander
# 35
09-15-2011, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
But that still doesn't solve the cloaking bug issue...which sadly affects even mine dreadnought :p
This is one of the things Geko is most concerned about and looking into. There isn't an easy solution; it is an artifact of the way confuse works in the engine across all our games.

As for the misfiring powers, that unfortunately could be a million things. As we get more information or are able to replicate the issue consistently 100%, we will work towards a solution.
Lt. Commander
# 36
09-15-2011, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
This is one of the things Geko is most concerned about and looking into. There isn't an easy solution; it is an artifact of the way confuse works in the engine across all our games.
Good to hear. Is the plan still to limit scramble to 5 targets? Or have you given thought to the alternate suggestion of decreasing scramble radius? If it's the former, then what do you have to think about the possibility that you are encouraging massive spam as a counter to scramble?

Also, since you're reading this... why not hop onto Opvp and perhaps TSI vent sometime today for some face time with the PvP community?
Lt. Commander
# 37
09-15-2011, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Good to hear. Is the plan still to limit scramble to 5 targets? Or have you given thought to the alternate suggestion of decreasing scramble radius?
One thing would be to add resistance to sci powers. Just like target subsystems is dependent on the beam actually hitting the target, a high aux power or sufficient points to Deflector Field / Dish / Spleen should give some sort of resistance roll. Example, when hit with scram sens, it must roll higher than X number or else the scramble would fail.
Lt. Commander
# 38
09-15-2011, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Good to hear. Is the plan still to limit scramble to 5 targets? Or have you given thought to the alternate suggestion of decreasing scramble radius? If it's the former, then what do you have to think about the possibility that you are encouraging massive spam as a counter to scramble?

Also, since you're reading this... why not hop onto Opvp and perhaps TSI vent sometime today for some face time with the PvP community?
I'm sure he wants to partake in a TSI wine fest. ;P

Use your super devy powers though and watch in on the chat logs today... lots interesting changes in this patch. lol
Lt. Commander
# 39
09-15-2011, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
I'm sure he wants to partake in a TSI wine fest. ;P

Use your super devy powers though and watch in on the chat logs today... lots interesting changes in this patch. lol
i still want more cheese with my wine
Lt. Commander
# 40
09-15-2011, 04:58 PM
A response when trying to explain some of the problems with Scramble Sensors (specifically Evasive Maneuvers):

Quote:
[19:40] [TTS] <Dev> Zero@ZeroniusRex: So what you're saying is that while you're confused, you're occasionally using powers on a target other than the one specified?