Lt. Commander
I have been using a mouse to move my ship, left drag to move around right drag to change move my ship, itís been working great since I first played the game, but in the last few days pressing the right mouse button swings the camera to a seemingly random position, I romved all the key imputs I didnít use (most of them) and it now only swings around when I press the right mouse button when the left mouse button is already down. Which to my mind is actually more anomalous. There are now only three mouse controls active, the two above plus click to target. Why is it doing this? Is it a bug or am I missing something?
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-15-2011, 07:20 AM
When in battle I have found that some sci abilities makes my screen jitter or jump from right to left rapidly. Is this what you are referring to or is it just moving further or not as far?

If it's not jumping I would remove all Keybinds and start fresh and see if that makes a difference.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-15-2011, 07:45 AM
I have the problem occasionally that my camera suddenly jumps from the left to the right without any reason what so ever. it keeps doing it no matter what I do, until I reposition the camera.

This bug has been in the game forever, and I doubt it will ever be fixed because it only occurs very seldom.

Not sure if this is related to your problem but ...
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-15-2011, 08:17 AM
I believe this is caused by super-maneuverable ships at close range. The camera tries to follow them but sometimes it can't tell if they are going left or right, so it jumps around all over the place. I get this sometimes if I'm engaging a MVAM or a group of fighters at close range.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-18-2011, 10:08 AM
Do you have a joystick/throttle attached? If I don't zero out my throttle, sometimes pressing the mouse buttons will turn the camera.