Lt. Commander
# 1 The New Vorcha Refit...
09-14-2011, 04:19 PM
Okay. In all honesty...it sounds hot. As in really, really, Megan Fox kind of hot. Okay. Well. That is a bit of an exaggeration. Not that hot...but sheesh....that ship looks hot.

Cryptic -- I say here and now that new ships like this are sweet, and I am looking forward to seeing it debut..and yes, I will definitely buy it.

However, the negative posts are already popping up in the Tribble forums...

Personally, for PvP, I see the new console as the ultimate minesweeper - taking out of all those spam mines some fed teams tend to lay down around the capture points. Those can be very annoying lol.

And yes...I know that there is likely to be an immediate post complaining about pay to win and "x.5", etc. Look...I honestly do not think that matters a whole lot. Can I see the advantages? Yes, I can...but all KDF players know for a fact that the hottest new ship to roll out does not a good PvPer make. Look at all of the new shiny toys the Feds have gotten -- and yes, some of them qualify as "x.5" type ships...has that helped them any? For the most part, I think not. So perhaps that argument is flawed.

Just saying...

In any case, I wanted to thank Cryptic for coming out with something new and unique for the KDF...and I personally am looking forward to the day I can pilot one.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-14-2011, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTempest

Personally, for PvP, I see the new console as the ultimate minesweeper - taking out of all those spam mines some fed teams tend to lay down around the capture points. Those can be very annoying lol.
Far Far from the truth, 1 shot every 2 minutes with 5 potential targets.
FAW and TS are way better minesweepers.

But the ship is sexy.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-15-2011, 01:51 AM
very very very sexy, aggressive.. kInda the Ertha Kitt of KDF starships.. its got curves, angles and a lot of attitude..
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-15-2011, 11:17 AM
I'm not fond of the "saucer" but I do like other parts of the ship. I'll buy it just to refit part of my V'orcha. I also like the console.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-15-2011, 03:04 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-15-2011, 06:40 PM
While I don't necessarily disagree that some Klingon skins should be added as free variants for the KDF, what lead you to think this would be a free skin? The variants have been listed on the calendar as C-Store items for some time now.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-15-2011, 07:43 PM
I'm not going to get into the whole 'KDF only gets C-$tore stuff' thing. It sucks, but it's pretty obvious Cryptic doesn't really care about what KDF players think, despite how many times they say otherwise.

Ship skins and consoles should not come bundled together. They should release three C-$tore deals for this; one would be just the skin for 160 points (just like all the other ship costumes on the C-$tore), one would be just the console for 640 points, and one would be what they have now (the skin/console combo for 800 points). I want the skin but not the console, and I'm sure not dropping $12.50 for the points to get just a ship skin. Especially considering I could get 5 other ship costumes for 800 points.

Same thing with the Venture. Nice costume, but it's not worth 800 points. I'm sure some people will disagree and buy either (or both) just for the looks and throw the consoles in the bank. And then there are people like me. People that don't want to be forced to pay for stuff they have no desire for simply because it's bundled with something else. It's like going to a restaurant and ordering a salad, but the salad costs $25 and comes with soup, breadsticks, and a chicken sandwich with fries ("um, can't I just get a salad?"). A salad isn't worth $25. The Vor'kang and Venture costumes are not worth 800 points.

Separate the costumes from the consoles, Cryptic. You'll make more sales that way.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 8 console
09-15-2011, 10:35 PM
ok someone needs to tell me whats wrong with this console. what does it really do? having read 2-3 times now that people will throw it in they're banks i really have to ask what in gods name is it for/do.

and yes for a klingon ship its looks freakishly kick arse. but it also looks huge and hard to turn on a dime.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-15-2011, 10:47 PM
The idea is you fire off the console at a fed. It hits, then jumps to another fed who is sitting right next to him, this repeats a few times and each jump comes with a little more damage. Counter to the fed ball/ mines and or fighters in theory. I've heard that the KDF console got a small nerf of some kind before hitting holodeck. But that could be wrong.

I wish they would've bundled the two ships together. Buy one get the other. Might get someone to make a Klingon.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-15-2011, 11:01 PM
Actually Palmera brought up a point I find interesting. The neck on the new Vor'cha looks pretty long. If the new neck is longer than the Vor'cha and Tor'kaht would that not make it take longer to swing onto target?