Lt. Commander
# 11
09-15-2011, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post
Actually Palmera brought up a point I find interesting. The neck on the new Vor'cha looks pretty long. If the new neck is longer than the Vor'cha and Tor'kaht would that not make it take longer to swing onto target?
one would say yes. after all. anyone that knows a klingon battlecruiser knows that the fore weapon batteries are the nose (main distruptor/torp bank) and than fore cannons either side of the wings. bigger the neck, hard to turn her about. physics isnt applied anymore in this game but, its the question, does that extention to the neck count for anything?
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-15-2011, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar View Post
I'm not going to get into the whole 'KDF only gets C-$tore stuff' thing. It sucks, but it's pretty obvious Cryptic doesn't really care about what KDF players think, despite how many times they say otherwise.

Ship skins and consoles should not come bundled together. They should release three C-$tore deals for this; one would be just the skin for 160 points (just like all the other ship costumes on the C-$tore), one would be just the console for 640 points, and one would be what they have now (the skin/console combo for 800 points). I want the skin but not the console, and I'm sure not dropping $12.50 for the points to get just a ship skin. Especially considering I could get 5 other ship costumes for 800 points.

Same thing with the Venture. Nice costume, but it's not worth 800 points. I'm sure some people will disagree and buy either (or both) just for the looks and throw the consoles in the bank. And then there are people like me. People that don't want to be forced to pay for stuff they have no desire for simply because it's bundled with something else. It's like going to a restaurant and ordering a salad, but the salad costs $25 and comes with soup, breadsticks, and a chicken sandwich with fries ("um, can't I just get a salad?"). A salad isn't worth $25. The Vor'kang and Venture costumes are not worth 800 points.

Separate the costumes from the consoles, Cryptic. You'll make more sales that way.

Z
It's not *just* a skin and a console. There's also an actual new T4 ship, too, that comes with the purchase, which, obviously benefits Captain characters who use those ship types.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-16-2011, 12:37 AM
the console works this way:

you target something in range, it fires at it, then it jumps to another random enemy in a 5km range, and another up to 4 targets in total.
Each jump it picks up power and on the 4th it explodes.
Problem 1, it stops jumping when it destroys a target, for example a mine.
Problem 2, its damage is rather on the low side,
Problem 3, it needs all its targets close together.
So its a very situational gimmick.

And contrary to its design intend as anti fedball weapon, its much more useful in PvE then PvP
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-16-2011, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idali

you target something in range, it fires at it, then it jumps to another random enemy in a 5km range, and another up to 4 targets in total.

And contrary to its design intend as anti fedball weapon, its much more useful in PvE then PvP
They took the power of the blast down on the last update...it is in the release notes.... I suppose the whining from fedball players would have been bad if it took down the shields and did some hull damamge to more than 1 person in the group.....
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-16-2011, 05:55 AM
Yes, since they switched the console over to use deflector skills. Its damage is rather on the pathetic side now.
Before it was able to be buffed with tac skills. That thing did hurt, had a 88k crit in testing with that.
Now you have to invest heavily into deflector skills, deflector hardware to even get 20k damage on the last jump.
And its not effected by tac skills.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-16-2011, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemaraa_Iron_Hand_KBF View Post
The Patch is in and.. YOUR BUNDLING THE SKIN WITH THE REFIT VOTCHA AND CHARGING FOR IT?????? ARE YOU INSANE?????
Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #202: The Justification for Profit is Profit.
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-16-2011, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munrock
Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #202: The Justification for Profit is Profit.
It amazes me how often our community members forget the rules of acquisition.
Come on folks, we're going F2P. You better brush up.
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-16-2011, 06:41 AM
One could argue that profitability is optimized by offering two separate parts and a package deal. The skin alone for 180, or the Console alone for 680, and a complete package for those who want the skin, console and BO slots opens the T X.5 ships up to a larger market.

I want the skin only but since I have to buy the whole ship, which I do not want, that is profit lost by Cryptic. See I understand F2P.
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-16-2011, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idali

I got the ship, and while it looks awesome (GJ there, Capt Logan!) so far I'm not overly impressed with the console, the above poster is quite correct about how it functions.
as with most things, the hype and controversy about it were a wee bit out of proportion.
but, it handles well and it really is a sexy looking beast.
At least we got something new in the way of a complete ship, not just a skin...
took long enough...:p
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-16-2011, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
It's not *just* a skin and a console. There's also an actual new T4 ship, too, that comes with the purchase, which, obviously benefits Captain characters who use those ship types.
My bad. You're right, the Venture and Vor'kang are the new pay to win ships. So yeah, I wouldn't have bought them regardless. Keep right on trucking, Cryptic.

Z