Lt. Commander
# 21
09-16-2011, 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munrock
Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #202: The Justification for Profit is Profit.
hahaha bloody good show i say and too true. but sadly i gather that this guy doesnt know much about trek.
Lt. Commander
# 22
09-16-2011, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idali
the console works this way:

you target something in range, it fires at it, then it jumps to another random enemy in a 5km range, and another up to 4 targets in total.
Each jump it picks up power and on the 4th it explodes.
Problem 1, it stops jumping when it destroys a target, for example a mine.
Problem 2, its damage is rather on the low side,
Problem 3, it needs all its targets close together.
So its a very situational gimmick.

And contrary to its design intend as anti fedball weapon, its much more useful in PvE then PvP
than mine is messed up, it fires all around my ship, in such away that it looks alot like flak cannons off of some ww2 game. i dont really notice it bouncing off, but i do notice it boucing around the enemies ships and shields, than just ending.
Lt. Commander
# 23
09-17-2011, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmera
than mine is messed up, it fires all around my ship, in such away that it looks alot like flak cannons off of some ww2 game. i dont really notice it bouncing off, but i do notice it boucing around the enemies ships and shields, than just ending.
Thats the anitmatterspread, different console to the one Isometric charge which was the point of context for the question i answered with that post.
Lt. Commander
# 24
09-17-2011, 02:15 AM
I think the console is rather okish, besides the fact it can hit mines and scramble sensors makes it hit allies or you. Not tested the ship yet thought
Lt. Commander
# 25
09-17-2011, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar View Post
My bad. You're right, the Venture and Vor'kang are the new pay to win ships. So yeah, I wouldn't have bought them regardless. Keep right on trucking, Cryptic.

Z
BAHAHAHA P2W? Really? Really? That is a weak argument, the Vor'cha and Galaxy varients are just additional parts and a console thats optional to use.

The Vor'cha varient is probably one of the sexiest ships Klingon side and this comes from someone that loves the Vor'cha as it was. If ya don't like them then obviously don't buy them but don't attempt to curb other's interest in the ships just because you refuse to flash your credit card and spend the $12.50 to get the stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 26
09-17-2011, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFO-OptimusPrime View Post
BAHAHAHA P2W? Really? Really? That is a weak argument, the Vor'cha and Galaxy varients are just additional parts and a console thats optional to use.
You might actually want to get your facts straight before you try to trizoll. The Vor'kang has an additional Ensign Tac BOff position and an additional Tactical console slot. If you forgo the console that comes with it and put in a +weapon console in that extra spot, along with BFAW (or BO, or T:Shields or T:Engines, or even Tac Team) in the nice new Ensign spot the ship has, then you've just increased your DPS and survivability by a decent amount. Then take that into Captain-level PvP. All other things being equal the person that bought an X.5 ship on the C-$tore will win. That's why it's called, y'know, Pay To Win.

This lesson brought to you by the letter Z.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 27
09-17-2011, 11:25 AM
I bought the ship and love the looks, as another poster commented, one of the best looking ships thus far for the Empire.

But, the console is a huge dissappointment. It went from being overpowered on Tribble to being very underpowered on Holodeck. The console is in desperate need of a buff in all reality. As long as another player has shields, it's not effective. Where you will find 4 other player ships with no or extrememly low shield resists will be rare to say the least.

The Fed console is much more valuable then this IMO.

As to the "Pay to Win" availible upon purchase from the C-Store, yeah I have to agree. I'd be nice if you could buy them in game for grinding emblems or what not. But, the new currency change is coming so we'll see what that will bring in terms of trading in game currency for C-Store points, IF, that happens. I don't actually care about lower level PVP, just VA. But I can definately see the point of people who do care about the lower levels of pvp and the new ships.

But again, my compliments on the looks. Great job Capt. Logan.
Lt. Commander
# 28
09-18-2011, 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idali
Thats the anitmatterspread, different console to the one Isometric charge which was the point of context for the question i answered with that post.
o... im sorry than, missed that part i guess.
Lt. Commander
# 29
09-20-2011, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSmith View Post
I bought the ship and love the looks, as another poster commented, one of the best looking ships thus far for the Empire.

But, the console is a huge dissappointment. It went from being overpowered on Tribble to being very underpowered on Holodeck. The console is in desperate need of a buff in all reality. As long as another player has shields, it's not effective. Where you will find 4 other player ships with no or extrememly low shield resists will be rare to say the least.

The Fed console is much more valuable then this IMO.

As to the "Pay to Win" availible upon purchase from the C-Store, yeah I have to agree. I'd be nice if you could buy them in game for grinding emblems or what not. But, the new currency change is coming so we'll see what that will bring in terms of trading in game currency for C-Store points, IF, that happens. I don't actually care about lower level PVP, just VA. But I can definately see the point of people who do care about the lower levels of pvp and the new ships.

But again, my compliments on the looks. Great job Capt. Logan.
My opinion stands with my esteemed colleagues.