Lt. Commander
Why did Cryptic change the maintenance times? I like to get up early and play a little before work and now they have the server down during that time. I'm Pacific time, but Central and Eastern would have this right in the middle of the day.

What was wrong with the wee hours of the morning for these updates? Seems like it changed the Perfect World took over. What time is this in China? Is that what's governing it?

Change it back!
Lt. Commander
# 32
09-15-2011, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcornwell
Why did Cryptic change the maintenance times? I like to get up early and play a little before work and now they have the server down during that time. I'm Pacific time, but Central and Eastern would have this right in the middle of the day.

What was wrong with the wee hours of the morning for these updates? Seems like it changed the Perfect World took over. What time is this in China? Is that what's governing it?

Change it back!
well its some time some where in the world and there is no time that some one in the world wont complain about cause its in there main playing time, so for them to find a time that doesnt offens some one is kinda like spitting in the wind it doesnt get any where
Lt. Commander
# 33
09-15-2011, 08:41 AM
Quote:

Change it back!
I like to play some STO here in the Netherlands (Europe) when I come home from work, but at 16:00 till 18:00 the server is down
Lt. Commander
# 34
09-15-2011, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMerzan
well its some time some where in the world and there is no time that some one in the world wont complain about cause its in there main playing time, so for them to find a time that doesnt offens some one is kinda like spitting in the wind it doesnt get any where
Wrong, during work i do not complain about that, because I'm still at work when its down, with the current and the old maintenance times.
Of course right now I'm on the last days of my vacation and sit here waiting for the server to get back up lol.
Lt. Commander
# 35 Maintenance Times
09-15-2011, 08:44 AM
And you can't please all the people all the time, but I would think since the majority of the players are in the US, they would want to work around US time zones.

And if someone wants to say that the majority aren't in the US, I would ask, then why is the game based in San Francisco and we are typing in US English?
Lt. Commander
# 36
09-15-2011, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahaney
I agree with Dirlettia. It's getting worse, not better.
I disagree. I tried to do the Fire Caves a few weeks ago and it was a pathing nightmare with BOffs constantly running into the lava. I took-up the character again over the weekend and had no pathing issues with the mission. How quickly they get fixed depends on how quickly people send in bug reports. If you never report it then it does not get fixed - because only a small percentage of the threads on the forum get read by a Dev.
Lt. Commander
# 37
09-15-2011, 08:53 AM
Quote:

Change it back!
Server down-times are adjusted based on internal server data - they choose the time when the least amount of people are online, per average.
Lt. Commander
# 38
09-15-2011, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Ya know if you people who keep makeing this comint would realy check out these new things you realise most of them are mostly toys and make very little difference
How do you call ships with more console slots / BO skills compared to their counterparts on the same tier? Toys? Think again. They are pay to win. The consoles are just a nice gimmick.

Quote:
and plus anything that comes out the devs done said there is a counter or a counter for it is comeing so please stop lol
Oh, the devs said there is a counter or a counter is comming soon. Great. I don't believe in any date or timeframe Cryptic has posted. You should be grown up enough, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Correct me if I am wrong... but isn't the whole "heal on B'Rel" a PvP issue?
I missed the causal relationship to my P2W remark. Not all changes are bad. But... who likes the B'rel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone1970 View Post
LOL, are you kidding ??? Skill and team work is what PVP is about, without skill you will get murderd.
No it's not. Take 4 of your most skilled fleetmates and compete against a team that spams Pengs, Scramble 3, Charged Particle Bursts and Torpedo Spreads. Have fun.

Cryptic started to offer better lower tier ships for real money. Now they added T4.5 ships. Won't take long until they offer T5.5s. And the sad truth is that you actually have to buy them to stay competetive in PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 39
09-15-2011, 09:24 AM
I dont care about the consoles, I only want the costume for my Battle cruiser. I hope it is in the C-store without buing the T4 Ship with console
Lt. Commander
# 40
09-15-2011, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Blackman
I dont care about the consoles, I only want the costume for my Battle cruiser. I hope it is in the C-store without buing the T4 Ship with console
I think the last ship skin to come out was the Tor'Kaht back in October of last year. I would not put much hope into the idea of it being a skin option.