Lt. Commander
# 1 BOff AI Update?
09-14-2011, 07:57 PM
Any chance of a BOff AI update in our future? Don't know about anyone else, but mine are rather...well...stupid. For example, they get caught on just about everything that sticks out of a wall (mostly on ship interior maps and caves). They run into walls when I try to get them to go through a door. Occasionally, one will break off from the away team, run to the beginning of the map, then run back (restroom break?). And also upon beam-in, they'll all run into each other Loony Tunes style or do stuff like this. In this pic, my engineer and science officer are jumping up and down as if performing a Bolian rain dance.

Pretty please....anymore facepalming and I'll have a permanent red hand mark across my face.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-14-2011, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSNighthawk
Any chance of a BOff AI update in our future? Don't know about anyone else, but mine are rather...well...stupid. For example, they get caught on just about everything that sticks out of a wall (mostly on ship interior maps and caves). They run into walls when I try to get them to go through a door. Occasionally, one will break off from the away team, run to the beginning of the map, then run back (restroom break?). And also upon beam-in, they'll all run into each other Loony Tunes style or do stuff like this. In this pic, my engineer and science officer are jumping up and down as if performing a Bolian rain dance.

Pretty please....anymore facepalming and I'll have a permanent red hand mark across my face.
Yes please fix the stupid AI and pathfinding.

I am so tired of my boffs getting hung up or stuck somewhere and unable to free them without restarting the mission and usually they get stuck in the same place all over again.

How these imbeciles made it through the academy and and even graduated is beyond me.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-15-2011, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSNighthawk
What about seeing how your science BOff is trying to walk out of a frost grenade with 1/10th of her health left and NONE of the healing skills used.

Also "science" seems to mean "redshirt" in STO since they just LOVE to run to the frontlines even if you give them sniper rifles. The game definitely needs more AI options (aggressive/defensive/passive and leash range).
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-15-2011, 07:17 AM
To me the one fix would be have the boffs stay behind you in a straight line like this when you are moving..

0 <---you
0 <---boffs

Not like this....as they currently are

.... 0 <--you
0 0 0 0 <---boffs

Once you go into combat or stop moving then they go back to the normal spread out format as above
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-15-2011, 08:25 AM
I've have had several instances where my BOs will all try and stand in the exact same spot as me. Talk about a transporter malfunction.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-15-2011, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWorth
To me the one fix would be have the boffs stay behind you in a straight line like this when you are moving..

0 <---you
0 <---boffs

Not like this....as they currently are

.... 0 <--you
0 0 0 0 <---boffs

Once you go into combat or stop moving then they go back to the normal spread out format as above
What'd be really great is if we could have them form up in a certain way, like an actual fireteam, wedge formation, straight line like you mention, etc. A dismiss option would be nice too where they just fan out on their own (go scan something random) or transport away (for those missions where you're having a "diplomatic exchange" in your ready room). And of course it would all be optional for those who aren't really into micromanaging.