Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Sao Paulo Cloak
01-09-2012, 02:17 PM
When purchasing this ship from the C-Store, is it supposed to come with a cloaking device?

Mine didn't.

I've not had a ship that cloaks before. From what I've read, it appears it's supposed to be a console? It's not an innate ability of the ship, correct?

Thanks in advance!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-09-2012, 02:22 PM
not the Sao Paulo it's only the Quad cannons the Defiant Retrofit is the one with the cloak.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-09-2012, 02:36 PM
Once you have the Sao Paulo and the Defiant Retrofit, then you can cloak it. All you do is modd the Defiant Retrofit to have the Sao Paulo's parts. It is only a teir 5 though.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-09-2012, 03:38 PM
Thanks for clarifying it for me! I appreciate it!

How do I get the defiant retrofit?

Thanks again. (:
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-09-2012, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaf View Post
Once you have the Sao Paulo and the Defiant Retrofit, then you can cloak it. All you do is modd the Defiant Retrofit to have the Sao Paulo's parts. It is only a teir 5 though.
That's what I did. The differences are almost subtle, but I like the Sao Paulo's look much better than the stock Defiant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalwren View Post
Thanks for clarifying it for me! I appreciate it!

How do I get the defiant retrofit?

Thanks again. (:
It's in the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-18-2012, 12:30 AM
feds should NOT have a cloak unless its the defiant. i wish it would stick to tv trek more defiant cloak was given to starfleet. the federation has no need for it or to devlop a cloaking device.

i know its a few years ahead of tv trek but its just not very starfleet.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-18-2012, 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog0000
feds should NOT have a cloak unless its the defiant. i wish it would stick to tv trek more defiant cloak was given to starfleet. the federation has no need for it or to devlop a cloaking device.

i know its a few years ahead of tv trek but its just not very starfleet.
Actually its widely regarded that Section 31 ships uses a cloak, no its not overly cannon, but the idea of jetblack defiants with cloaks makes me quiver a little with joy
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-18-2012, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog0000
feds should NOT have a cloak unless its the defiant. i wish it would stick to tv trek more defiant cloak was given to starfleet. the federation has no need for it or to devlop a cloaking device.

i know its a few years ahead of tv trek but its just not very starfleet.
#1: Feds have had cloak technology since Kirk stole one.

#2: We know the Feds have Phased Cloaks from the Pegasus incident

#3: Fed have had a Romulan cloak since the Defiant got one.

#4: In All Good Things the Enterprise had a cloak.

#5: In STO the Romulan Empire no longer exists and the Treaty of Algeron is most likely no longer valid - thus the restriction on Fed cloaks is no longer valid.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-18-2012, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
#1: Feds have had cloak technology since Kirk stole one.

#2: We know the Feds have Phased Cloaks from the Pegasus incident

#3: Fed have had a Romulan cloak since the Defiant got one.

#4: In All Good Things the Enterprise had a cloak.

#5: In STO the Romulan Empire no longer exists and the Treaty of Algeron is most likely no longer valid - thus the restriction on Fed cloaks is no longer valid.
+1 for awesomeness
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-18-2012, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalwren View Post
Thanks for clarifying it for me! I appreciate it!

How do I get the defiant retrofit?

Thanks again. (:
Player's are level locked from purchasing for their account some items in advance of your characters leveling to enjoy them. You will need to have played your character into the Admiral's rank to be free to spend you Cryptic Points on a Defiant Refit that can cloak.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:43 PM.