Lt. Commander
# 1 more open clothing options
09-15-2011, 11:26 AM
the klingons dont exactly have loads of uniform options. But i don't understand why so many options are tied to race specific costume pieces such as the orion shoulder pads or the nauscian respirator. All klingon clothing options should be open to all races. not to mention i dont see why the mercenary uniform cant be klingon as well. After all the klingon empire is made up of mercenaries and all sorts of shady characters from different species. klingon option are already limited why limit them even more. theres plenty of starfleet costume pieces such as trouser boots etc that could be added to them. Its a no brainer. extra content and no effort.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-15-2011, 11:42 AM
Well the mercenary set should have been available to the KDF from the start, and think most people would agree with that.

As it stands now, cryptic never bothered to model those costume pieces for the KDF races, so that would take development time. Time that could be spent working on some other gimick that people would spend money on, instead of giving something more to an existing product. Even if they charged for a KDF mercenary set, would they make as much as they would if they developed some FED only ear muffs instead? Sadly even with that example I'd have to say no.

It comes down to making money. With X amount of development time, which project will bring in the most cash? That's the one that gets done 1st. Without a larger KDF player base, item development for the KDF is at the bottom of the list. It would be nice, but cryptic isn't here to be nice, they are here to make money.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-15-2011, 11:57 AM
Whilst I do agree about the mercenary costume ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geom View Post
All klingon clothing options should be open to all races.
No. Just no. "Cultural clothing" is an important part of a species' unique style and, in my opinion, does a lot for the atmosphere in that it actually makes it look like in the shows.

You know very well what this would result in, and personally I can do without every 2nd female Klingon and every single Trill, and every single "Alien" Human running around in Orion bikinis. It's bad enough that we have Alien Humans at all - I still see this as exploiting the system.

Please don't turn Qo'noS into a second ESD. Keep the zoo with the Feds.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-15-2011, 11:58 AM
I don't actually mind seeing some species specific clothing for the KDF.

I'm hoping F2P brings more Klingon options to clothing. Dstahl made a recent comment something to the effect that he couldn't believe that the Klingon Academy uniforms were the first Klingon only uniform perk they put in the C-Store. Based on other comments, it seems like they realize they'll need to offer other stuff clothing wise for Klingons in the F2P model. However, I wouldn't expect it soon as the new players in the game won't be playing Klingons right off the bat.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-15-2011, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias

No. Just no. "Cultural clothing" is an important part of a species' unique style and, in my opinion, does a lot for the atmosphere in that it actually makes it look like in the shows.

You know very well what this would result in, and personally I can do without every 2nd female Klingon and every single Trill, and every single "Alien" Human running around in Orion bikinis. It's bad enough that we have Alien Humans at all - I still see this as exploiting the system.

Agreed.

I'd actually like to see some Klingon clothing that was Klingon only and not available to Orions, Nausicans, Gorn, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-15-2011, 12:02 PM
i think all costume pieces fit any race its simply a matter of opening the option. after all the races are just based on the same similar models except with different bits, ie orions are almost human but can only have greenish skin so why not . i really think this is a no effort easy way to add more stuff to the klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-15-2011, 02:31 PM
You know if there were more options, Id love the idea of species specific clothing. But with the very few options we have, it kind of sucks. And on top of that, Matt churns out costumes for the KDF slower than molasses moves in January. Sadly, he often fails to deliver alot of the promised features due to technical limitations. So I would like to see some of these bits and pieces opened up for everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-16-2011, 01:15 PM
I wanna know when are we going to get Improved hair choices, fingerless gloves, and honor cloak for our Klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-16-2011, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by species_420 View Post
I wanna know when are we going to get Improved hair choices, fingerless gloves, and honor cloak for our Klingons.
Don't worry Cryptic, I'll answer this one for you.

Soon.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-17-2011, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias

Ok wife badgered ol'Mongo over this post ,

and after reading it, i have to say PREACH IT!
~From Mongo and da Wife