Lt. Commander
# 61
09-18-2011, 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
In that case, perhaps he can start fixing the mnay bugs and errors in existing ships. Honestly though, if their staff is as small as they keep telling us, I'd be suprised to find someone working exclusively on ships.
what bugs on what ships?
Lt. Commander
# 62
09-18-2011, 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFO-OptimusPrime View Post
Explain how this ship is even remotely Tx.5, far as I can tell the only things that changed are the cosmetic looks of the ships and if you decide to use the console ya, you have one less slot to put something that could be more useful, like the Accel console to turn the flying brick of a Gal-x or Gal-R
actual i noticed when i went to transfer things over and such you get a extra science slot as well as a extra science BOff slot. so thats makes this a whole new brand of ships.

just a FYI.
Lt. Commander
# 63
09-18-2011, 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer View Post
Yeah, but if you put a set of chromed "dubs" and a big "wing" on it............

As far as the console, I'm not sold on it. It's a console with a cool down. All the consoles I use now, are always active.
yup, but it confuses the enemy for 15 seconds. thats 15 seconds of you beating the crap out of 2 Cardie galons while the beat the crap out of one an other. time is money and xp friend.
Lt. Commander
# 64
09-18-2011, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmera
what bugs on what ships?
The textures on many ships are just plain WRONG. Examples? BOTH Constitutions, the Nebula, the Excelsior, the Intrepid, the Miranda, the Sovereign, and so on. Pretty much ALL of the canon ships have incorrect textures, and sometimes incorrect models.

NCC numbers on some ships display as 0987098709.

Some ships have dual warp and impulse trails. (edit: I think this was actually fixed)

Runabout and shuttle phaser beams are bigger than the actual ships.

I could go on, but there are many threads about these things already.
Lt. Commander
# 65
09-18-2011, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmera
what bugs on what ships?
One fo the most rage-tastic bugs (though fixed now) can be seen on the back of STO's box art for the normal retail. The Galaxy's pylons were floating under the hull...after a few months it got fixed, and actually recieved aft torpedo textures.

But currently in STO, a nice amount of ships have hulll problems, pylons appearing as "broken" fro far distances, windows popping out of the hull...many more.
Lt. Commander
# 66
09-18-2011, 09:17 AM
Bought the venture, and I'm loving it. I use it as a skin for my Gal-X dread, and it looks mighty nice, Captain Logan did a bang up job. The overall detail and quality are quite nice, especially versus what those whackos at blizzard are charging for in-game items.

Twenty five dollars for a mount who's only difference from other mounts is being slightly cooler looking? Crazy. That'd be like paying twenty five dollars for a skin pack.

I'll pay 800 points and not complain too much. The only thing I could possibly want is the use of the skin for Nebula as well. But still, good bargain.

It can be used on four vessels. Tier 4 Exploration, Teir 4.5 Exploration Cruiser, Refit Galaxy and Gal-X, still a good deal.
Lt. Commander
# 67
09-18-2011, 10:07 AM
Yes, I'd like to see a Venture skin for the Nebula. (Actually seems pretty straight-forward...you could ignore the mission pod and it's done.)
Lt. Commander
# 68
09-18-2011, 10:14 AM
More C-store fluff. Where's the content?
Lt. Commander
# 69
09-18-2011, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarkonis
More C-store fluff. Where's the content?
according to the calander, next week.
Lt. Commander
# 70
09-18-2011, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer View Post
I tried the Ventures console in Tribble, it didn't really seem to do much. Has it gotten any better in Holodeck???
I've actually had great success with it. Remember if you use it against the Borg, the Borg have a higher sense of immunity against it.

What I mean is, it might not work as well against them ... but I HAVE had the cubes pulverize the probes before.

Better luck with the NPC swarms of other species, and loads of fun when you set enemy fighters against one another.
Closed Thread