Lt. Commander
# 11
09-16-2011, 06:14 PM
I have to agree with everyone the Venture and Odyssey are beautiful and would make an excellent template for the whole of Starfleet for the 2409 era

I also know quite a few of my fleet mates who love both ships, or should I say 3 with the Venture-X and are begging for a Nebula with the Ventures style
Lt. Commander
# 12 Tweet Leak
09-19-2011, 08:05 AM
Don't know if everyone saw this, but I think we're on the right track here. CapnLogan tweeted this last week; and while it's hazy, you can definitely make out some T2 lines.

2409 Styling on the T2 Cruiser
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-19-2011, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeryon View Post
Don't know if everyone saw this, but I think we're on the right track here. CapnLogan tweeted this last week; and while it's hazy, you can definitely make out some T2 lines.

Ooooh, I so hope they make it T5
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-20-2011, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_484
Ooooh, I so hope they make it T5
I doubt it.

Personally I wish they'd make more of this style for more T5 ships. I'd love to see this type of variation on an Excelsior or Prometheus and the others.
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-20-2011, 08:48 AM
Quote:

We need a clear pic. That hazy crap is cruel and unusual. >.>
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-20-2011, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu1701 View Post
I doubt it.

Personally I wish they'd make more of this style for more T5 ships. I'd love to see this type of variation on an Excelsior or Prometheus and the others.

I would like a prometheus reskin too, but only if they also adapt der mvam animation.(fix it to include variants)
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-20-2011, 10:28 AM
to me all the ships look way too "luxury" during a time of war not saying i dont like them but do you guys kinda understand what i mean
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-21-2011, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie619 View Post
to me all the ships look way too "luxury" during a time of war not saying i dont like them but do you guys kinda understand what i mean
Federation ships from the TNG era on have all had far too many windows for the amount of combat they get into (except, of course, for the windowless Defiant). To some extent, it's understandable that Enterprise-D was covered with windows- it was a product of its time, a ship made for peaceful exploration, and its designers placed a little too much trust in shields rather than armor. But by 2409 in STO's universe, Starfleet ought to know better.

Still and all, I like seeing multiple ships take design cues from the flagship. Starfleet seems to have always had design 'generations,' wherein they build a new flagship class and then everything for the next 20 years borrows from that design. If CapnLogan is really trying to establish a new such generation of ships in STO, that's really cool and fits well with the games timeframe.
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-22-2011, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
Federation ships from the TNG era on have all had far too many windows for the amount of combat they get into (except, of course, for the windowless Defiant). To some extent, it's understandable that Enterprise-D was covered with windows- it was a product of its time, a ship made for peaceful exploration, and its designers placed a little too much trust in shields rather than armor. But by 2409 in STO's universe, Starfleet ought to know better.

Still and all, I like seeing multiple ships take design cues from the flagship. Starfleet seems to have always had design 'generations,' wherein they build a new flagship class and then everything for the next 20 years borrows from that design. If CapnLogan is really trying to establish a new such generation of ships in STO, that's really cool and fits well with the games timeframe.
I always thought the they could cover the windows with armour plating which slides back and fort to cover the windows when in combat that way people on board have best of boths worlds a nice view and something to protect them other than shields.
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-22-2011, 04:30 PM
Quote:

Too bad the quality wasn't better, but that's cool, thanks for sharing.