Lt. Commander
# 91
11-18-2011, 03:09 PM
I have had no problem of the described here therefore my help cannot be valuable, but I would suggest to check your Launcher's Proxy Settings and amend them accordantly to your own discretion.
Lt. Commander
# 92
11-18-2011, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectual View Post
I have had no problem of the described here therefore my help cannot be valuable, but I would suggest to check your Launcher's Proxy Settings and amend them accordantly to your own discretion.
I have the same problem as everyone here, but that link mentioned earlier didn't work for me.

Spectual, I can't get into the launcher to change Proxy Settings. I click the icon to get the patcher up, it tries to connect, but after a minute is says "The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function."
Lt. Commander
# 93 Fail
11-19-2011, 01:27 AM
I tried to open a ticket but can't choose a category. It doesn't want to open a ticket without a category selected. Thank you Cryptic. i really wanted to play this weekend.
Lt. Commander
# 94
11-20-2011, 02:55 AM
I manage to open a ticket but no response. I uninstalled STO, removed the whole game from my computer. i then reinstalled from disk. The launcher now open but I need to patch 10 gig. So not funny. Anyway still no playing STO this weekend. ill patch during the night now I am going to play WOW.
Lt. Commander
# 95 Patcher Error
11-23-2011, 02:52 PM
Hi,

I install the new game launcher, because I couldn't start the game and I am still having the same problem. Can anyone give me a solution?

--Christopher
Lt. Commander
# 96
11-23-2011, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TropicalRainbow
Hi,

I install the new game launcher, because I couldn't start the game and I am still having the same problem. Can anyone give me a solution?

--Christopher
Unfortunately, I am in the same boat.
Replaced my launcher and still the same problem. 'State of no response error'

EDIT: It seems to have resolved itself (or cryptic did something (unlikely, as it's about 4am there :p)), after day 2and attempt number 257023 the launcher is working!
Lt. Commander
# 97
11-26-2011, 10:18 AM
Here we go again!
Way to go Cryptic!
This time replacing the launcher for one from a fresh install worked for me...
Lt. Commander
# 98
12-12-2011, 02:27 AM
*bump*

I'm still having this issue and would love a legitimate fix. I live in an apartment complex where, geographically, we don't really have a choice on internet provider, and the provider isn't going to change any routing anything for one complaint out of hundreds as we don't pay them, the complex does. So, I'd love to see an official answer from Cryptic in this thread, as opposed to just dropping the game entirely because of some sort of routing problem. But I could use that monthly sub elsewhere if I must.
Lt. Commander
Okay. So I got almost the entire game patched. Whenever it would hang, I would just close and relaunch and it would patch the remainder.

However, now its stuck with 141mb left to patch. It downloads fine until it gets to

625KB/141MB
Receieved 3055KB - 0%

That where it stops now. And when I try my normal method to make it push through, it doesn't work.

The spew I get when I press "X" is:

Filename State Path Blocks % Requested
objlib.metabin REQ_DATA bin/metadata/objlib.metabin 2505/2505 100.0 0

And that is the only file on the transfer list.

And its this file everytime.

I think somehow this file is corrupted or something on their download server. Cause this is where my process stops.

I have attached a .jpg of the Transfers window for better clarity.

What I would love to try is have someone who got it to patch properly host their objlib.metabin file, and give us the path on where to place it. That way we can try and see if it will autodetect it has the right one, and move past it. Because if its just one bad file hanging up the process, then we can probably fix a good chunk of broken updates people are waiting on.
Lt. Commander
# 100
12-15-2011, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnich View Post
Tried this but it didn't work for me. I did a few speedtests for connection and I am getting on average 4mb per sec. so my connection should work.

Okay. So I got it to work. Rather than patch with the .exe the gentlemen shared, I deleted everything in the cryptic folder then ran the .exe. It updated all 6 gigs of the game fine, and I have been able to play it since with no problem.
Closed Thread