I have had no problem of the described here therefore my help cannot be valuable, but I would suggest to check your Launcher's Proxy Settings and amend them accordantly to your own discretion.
I have the same problem as everyone here, but that link mentioned earlier didn't work for me.
Spectual, I can't get into the launcher to change Proxy Settings. I click the icon to get the patcher up, it tries to connect, but after a minute is says "The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function."
I manage to open a ticket but no response. I uninstalled STO, removed the whole game from my computer. i then reinstalled from disk. The launcher now open but I need to patch 10 gig. So not funny. Anyway still no playing STO this weekend. ill patch during the night now I am going to play WOW.
I'm still having this issue and would love a legitimate fix. I live in an apartment complex where, geographically, we don't really have a choice on internet provider, and the provider isn't going to change any routing anything for one complaint out of hundreds as we don't pay them, the complex does. So, I'd love to see an official answer from Cryptic in this thread, as opposed to just dropping the game entirely because of some sort of routing problem. But I could use that monthly sub elsewhere if I must.
I think somehow this file is corrupted or something on their download server. Cause this is where my process stops.
I have attached a .jpg of the Transfers window for better clarity.
What I would love to try is have someone who got it to patch properly host their objlib.metabin file, and give us the path on where to place it. That way we can try and see if it will autodetect it has the right one, and move past it. Because if its just one bad file hanging up the process, then we can probably fix a good chunk of broken updates people are waiting on.
Tried this but it didn't work for me. I did a few speedtests for connection and I am getting on average 4mb per sec. so my connection should work.
Okay. So I got it to work. Rather than patch with the .exe the gentlemen shared, I deleted everything in the cryptic folder then ran the .exe. It updated all 6 gigs of the game fine, and I have been able to play it since with no problem.