Lt. Commander
# 11
07-16-2009, 08:15 PM
Well, as long as every Romulan doesn't have that absurd facial tattooing to identify them. And the Romulan ships are sleek, and bird of prey like (not the Klingon ship itself, but the avian style), and the Romulans focus on stealth and intrigue instead of simply being beastial and inept Klingon wanna-be's with an incapability of defeating incredibly outdated tech, I'll be happy.

Hmm... I guess that basically, as long as movie-Romulans don't exist. They can keep the tattoo's for when Romulus explodes and they have a reason to look nothing like they've looked like previously.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-16-2009, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCheshireCat View Post
Well, as long as every Romulan doesn't have that absurd facial tattooing to identify them. And the Romulan ships are sleek, and bird of prey like (not the Klingon ship itself, but the avian style), and the Romulans focus on stealth and intrigue instead of simply being beastial and inept Klingon wanna-be's with an incapability of defeating incredibly outdated tech, I'll be happy.

Hmm... I guess that basically, as long as movie-Romulans don't exist. They can keep the tattoo's for when Romulus explodes and they have a reason to look nothing like they've looked like previously.
Well, considering the explanation given in the prequel comic - I actually think it would make sense for some Romulans to follow Nero's example and express their mourning with the tats. Personally, I'm more hoping that the movie's sequel has 'normal' Romulans in it than worrying about whether or not STO will.

'Specially since I'm fairly certain we've already seen the TNG+ Romulans in some official media already.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-16-2009, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinkaos View Post
Bad author. BAD AUTHOR. Did he even read the handy timeline he posted in his own article?
He did not... <_<
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-16-2009, 08:59 PM
"I'm not sure why Zinkievich mentions the Romulan homeworld being gone, since that event took place in the new, "alternate" timeline; not the "prime" timeline that STO takes place in. It might have been a slip of the tongue, or it could indicate that we'll be seeing more influence from the new timeline than he previously alluded to. Unfortunately, we couldn't get a follow-up question in by press time."

-ZAM.com

ummmm, Romulus still exists in the alternet universe, Vulcan is gone there. Romulus was destroyed in the prime universe. Which is the genesis for the new movie. The timeline he had posted in his own article explain this so simply that a brain dead person can understand that at a glance.

OUCH, someone didn't do his research (lol). You'd think if the web site was reputable it would have a publisher that would catch that, because the reporter sure failed.

Not a good impression for those new to ZAM.com. A reputable online news source needs to be accurate, even if its just MMO news. Bad business move. I shall now be forever skeptical of ZAM.com's commentary on STO. As I'm sure much of the community here will be as well. Thats a loss in potential readers.

Especially since their commentary was syndicated on the Official Web Site for the MMO their commenting on. Come on! Thats a big break for a good journalist. Unforchenetly, not theirs, for me.

Worst yet. They don't have the author of the commentary posted anywhere. And the author refers to himself as ZAM.com. So either the site is run by one person, and therefore I cannot trust anything the site comments on. Or the site is staffed and there may be people writing commentaries I can trust, but I'll never know who they are, so I must assume everything they say isn't well researched. Is this the future of online news? or are we gonna have some integrate here.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-16-2009, 09:02 PM
Still, my point is that the Romulans in STO should not have narrative reason to all have the tattoos. Some of them having something to mourn does make sense.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-16-2009, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCheshireCat View Post
Still, my point is that the Romulans in STO should not have narrative reason to all have the tattoos. Some of them having something to mourn does make sense.

Oh I agree. Depth and story behind aesthetics is always good in anything Trek.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-16-2009, 10:00 PM
When I make my Romulan character I'm going to tattoo a peace sign on right side of his forehead, and then "born to kill" on his left cheek

I'm kidding btw!
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-16-2009, 10:23 PM
Good summation of the new movie... lots of explosions, not much substance -.-
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-16-2009, 10:28 PM
did the guys at cryptic even read that?

to link it to this website and have a major flaw in it i think someone needs a nudge out of the stupidity box.

id vote for removing this from the official site untill the ****** author sorts out that (to me) HUGE mistake
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-16-2009, 10:50 PM
"I'm not sure why Zinkievich mentions the Romulan homeworld being gone, since that event took place in the new, "alternate" timeline; not the "prime" timeline that STO takes place in. It might have been a slip of the tongue, or it could indicate that we'll be seeing more influence from the new timeline than he previously alluded to. Unfortunately, we couldn't get a follow-up question in by press time."

Stopped reading right there.

/facepalm