Lt. Commander
# 31
09-17-2011, 10:33 AM
Yay! I am not the only galaxy class hater!
Lt. Commander
# 32
09-17-2011, 10:52 AM
we can't all like the galaxy. I really dig the venture though. I will eventually buy everything in the cstore, waiting to get klingon stuff till i start playing klingon which i won't do until after f2p
Lt. Commander
# 33
09-18-2011, 07:00 AM
I bought it.

I like what they did with the design. You can definitely see that it was designed with saucer sep or a third nacelle in mind (as opposed to the galaxy variants where Andrew Probert was told to add saucer sep after he'd already finished the design and the poor dreadnought was just a fugly kitbash for a minute of footage).

The best thing about it, compared to the other galaxy variants, is that it looks 'modern' but still has the Galaxy's aesthetics of sweeping curves and broad strokes, instead of the 'future version = more angles and bits with holes' attitude.

Oh and the fact that the console grants the antimatter spread power to the saucer pet, that's a nice touch. I've actually been checking on the saucer health and healing it since the upgrade.
Lt. Commander
# 34
09-18-2011, 07:02 AM
I did not buy it simply for the reason the OP stated.

I do not want to be Venture #245,876 running around sector space.

I will stick with my Sovereign and Galaxy Refit thank you very much.
Lt. Commander
# 35
09-18-2011, 06:21 PM
Dislike the Galaxy, and still bought this one. In fact I like this particular one so much that I had my Commander 11 engineer deliberately wait around until Spacedock until he could get his grubby, tinkering hands all over it.

...Having said this, I still fully intend to ditch the ship when I hit RA and reclaim my beloved Sovereign. :p
Lt. Commander
# 36
09-19-2011, 04:07 AM
all my buds bought it kept the console and trashed the ship. I did the same
Lt. Commander
# 37
09-20-2011, 08:37 AM
I'm a galaxy enthusiast and i think the skin looks horrid on the galaxy but on the Dread it looks badass. enough so, i almost decided to get back into mine.....almost. the console is nice on a retrofit since in essence you get 2 uses if you count the saucer. it'll probably work better for a science officer but for now i'm sticking with my retrofit.
Lt. Commander
# 38
09-20-2011, 04:19 PM
I bought the x way back and haven't used it for awhile. But when i saw the Venture skin on it, I had to have it. Now i think its the best looking fed cruiser in the game. The skin looks the best on that ship. And the console is a blast to use. Now all i ask for is a venture like skin for my sov.and i'll be happy. More skins for costumizing so we can mix thing up. But old CBS will say no to anything the players want.
Lt. Commander
# 39
09-21-2011, 09:22 PM
I bought the Ventura. I've have a love/hate relationsip with the Galaxy X. (from some angles I love it. From some angle I hate it). The new secondary hull makes the Venture X look more balanced from all angles. The only hing turning me off are the wings on either side of the bridge.

The Ventura X was also enough to convert my Tac/Cruiser Captain to start flying the Venture-X. It took me a while to get over my distaste of the Galaxy's turning rate, but after a few console and power tweaks the turning rate is tolerable. And it' slucky that I still kept that character spec'ed in phasers and anti-protons. And the BOFF layout is almost like the Assault Cruiser so it's not so bad.
Lt. Commander
# 40
09-22-2011, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWorth
I did not buy it simply for the reason the OP stated.

I do not want to be Venture #245,876 running around sector space.

I will stick with my Sovereign and Galaxy Refit thank you very much.
So did you buy a NX, Oberth or Constitution to avoid being Light Cruiser #245,876 running around Sirius?

I will stick with my abstention from letting short-lived trends compel or prohibit my purchases thank you very much.