Lt. Commander
# 41
09-23-2011, 01:41 PM
I bought the Venture and I'm happy with it but I am disappointed that the Nebula did not receive a costume update along with the exploration and Gal-X. Why was the Nebula left out exactly? I mean there the exact same parts with only minor differences.
Lt. Commander
# 42
09-23-2011, 01:57 PM
Same parts yes, but they still have to be rendered and tested and yadda yadda... it's not as easy as one might imagine and the Venture was already 5 days late coming out... didn't really want to make it later than that.

From what I've heard the Nebula will get a Venture skin eventually.
Lt. Commander
# 43
09-23-2011, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raklau View Post
I bought the Venture and I'm happy with it but I am disappointed that the Nebula did not receive a costume update along with the exploration and Gal-X. Why was the Nebula left out exactly? I mean there the exact same parts with only minor differences.
The Nebula pieces are coming. It is just not a priority. The Galaxy X pieces were only added because CapnLogan threw them together at the last minute. He has said hy will be doing a Nebula version once he gets done with the things he is supposed to be doing first.
Lt. Commander
# 44
09-23-2011, 03:06 PM
I ended up buying the Venture. Annoyed with myself for doing so as I'd decided to implement an embargo on all pay to win ships... but the fact that we got skins for both the Galaxy and the Gal-X (with a nebula on the way when Capnlogan gets the time) made me feel that there was enough to justify the cost, even though I really don't want to support tier x.5 (or +1 to use dev cadence) ships.

I also absolutely adore the Vor'kang skin and am tempted to buy it, both for the skin and to support KDF content, but unfortunately, with this ship, there's just not enough to get over my dislike for the tier X.5 concept.

And as a final note, I still haven't (nor am I likely ever to do) bought the Rhode Island.
Lt. Commander
# 45
09-24-2011, 02:57 AM
Same here; despite vowing not to buy any ships, I couldn't help it as I think it looks beautiful! Question, though; how do you obtain the antimatter spread console? It's not equipped on the ship and it's not in my inventory. I suspect I'm missing something really obvious...
Lt. Commander
# 46
09-24-2011, 03:19 AM
Hmm, ignore the above. Logged out, then back in again and it was there. Odd, but it's fixed!
Lt. Commander
# 47
09-24-2011, 01:56 PM
I bought it for the skins only, i have no intrest in unbalanced ships. I refuse to get the R.I. for that reason. Hope the nebula version is included with the nebula purchase or with the venture so i dont have to buy a whole new one.
Lt. Commander
# 48
09-24-2011, 02:01 PM
i'll be getting both once the economy changes and the stipend come in to effect.
Lt. Commander
# 49
09-27-2011, 03:33 AM
I plan to buy it too, as soon as my Eng Character reaches Captain. But just because I like the look of the ship and don't want to have two almost similar Galaxy Class ships later. I mean I really like the original Galaxy but the other available options are just...well they are not really sexy.
I like the Monarch which is available later but the Celestial or Envoy are not really pretty.
Lt. Commander
# 50
09-27-2011, 04:04 AM
I wait for the ship to get an ingame method of acquisition. Then I will probably buy it on the C-Store.