Lt. Commander
# 11
09-16-2011, 10:29 AM
Jes'kha FINALLY got to Lt General last night... I have a klink engineer all made up, but I dunno if I want to bother with the grind again, even though I want to be able to play with the vorcha more. I love that ship.

I'll probly just play Jes, and wait for Cryptic to keep their word and add in actual content.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-16-2011, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Lower level characters will get bumped to 18 with FTP. So you are not losing anything by testing a Klink now, even if you do not make it past 18.
I was under the impression that Klink play wasn't unlocked until lvl 25 and that all Klinks would start at lvl 25.

Was this changed recently?
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-16-2011, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsaris View Post
I was under the impression that Klink play wasn't unlocked until lvl 25 and that all Klinks would start at lvl 25.

Was this changed recently?
It is unlocked at lvl 25. Once unlocked, a new Klink toon will start around lvl 18 or so, go through the tutorial and exploring Quonos stuff, and be somewhere in the 20's by the time you are ready to go on your first 'real' mission.

Existing Klink toons that are under lvl 20 when F2P goes live will be leveled up to 25, I believe.
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-16-2011, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
Existing Klink toons that are under lvl 20 when F2P goes live will be leveled up to 25, I believe.
I believe you will just get auto-leveled to 18, not 25 - 25 comes from the original idea before the changed it back to 18. Then, like above, you will then do 3 levels of "stuff" on Qu'nos and then get into a ship at Commander (level 21) to leave the planet.
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-16-2011, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I believe you will just get auto-leveled to 18, not 25 - 25 comes from the original idea before the changed it back to 18. Then, like above, you will then do 3 levels of "stuff" on Qu'nos and then get into a ship at Commander (level 21) to leave the planet.
But what about people who have done the 3 levels of "stuff" before the transition and are still LTs? Will they have to do said "stuff" all over again after the change in order to get offworld?
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-16-2011, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsaris View Post
But what about people who have done the 3 levels of "stuff" before the transition and are still LTs? Will they have to do said "stuff" all over again after the change in order to get offworld?
If doing the 3 Levels of Stuff gets me from level 18 to 21, then I don't rightly care. Either way I enter Qo'nos with a LTC ship and leave with a CMDR ship, so its all good.
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-16-2011, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutunto
Ok I got my fed almost to VA so I started a new toon Klingon, and I am freaking lost. I am doing some quest about exploring Quo'nos and it dont make any sense I have walked all over the freaking city and still I dont findi what I suppose to do, it just says as part of the mission to explore the city and well I have explored everything even the toilet at Worf's house and have not been able to finish the mission, what gives?
Welcome to the KDF it's all up hill work
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-16-2011, 12:37 PM
yeah I made a klingon and had all kinds of issues finding who to speak to. if you open the map, though, you'll see there's a big circle on it indicating where the npc you're looking for is generally located, and it updates as you go through the necessary npc's. that city is laid out terribly. good lord it's annoying..