Lt. Commander
# 11
09-19-2011, 09:41 AM
PSW has become the MVAM's best friend in PvP. Run up behind someone, tag PSW to shut them down, then finish with a cannon burst. It's one of those powers I just can't stand because there is no way to counter it.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-19-2011, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsaris View Post
PSW has become the MVAM's best friend in PvP. Run up behind someone, tag PSW to shut them down, then finish with a cannon burst. It's one of those powers I just can't stand because there is no way to counter it.
Attack Pattern: Omega and Aux to ID are direct counters to it.

But you usually have a second or two before the shockwave actually hits you to fire off a TacTeam.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-19-2011, 11:51 PM
The other advantage of Photonic Shock Wave over Tractor Beam Repulsors is that PSW is omnidirectional centered on you (and thus hits every enemy within range) while TBR only hits the enemy that you are presently targeting.
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-20-2011, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiClari View Post
The other advantage of Photonic Shock Wave over Tractor Beam Repulsors is that PSW is omnidirectional centered on you (and thus hits every enemy within range) while TBR only hits the enemy that you are presently targeting.
Not true. You could charge into a mob with no target selected and push away up to 3(?) targets. You don't require a target for TBR, although it obviously affects fewer targets than PSW.
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-21-2011, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godimas View Post
Second day, and I was joking Actually chose the ship to be able to use the photonic shock wave power, but now that I have played with it a bit, im wondering if tractor beam repulsers is a better skill... thoughts?
... Should I tell you guys?... Should I?... Eeeeh... Naaah. I will mail you the secret to a devastating MVAE though. However, Tractor beam is NOT it lol... Not even close.