Lt. Commander
# 41
09-30-2011, 07:47 AM
Please show me anywhere that it was "promised."

Saying it is coming at some point is not the same thing as saying it is coming on Monday. Christmas is "coming" but we still have to go through Halloween and Thanksgiving first.

It should be clear, based on when it comes out, how important they feel it is to the game: IE, it is nowhere near a top priority for them. And why should it be? We are talking about a ship that has a combined 10 minutes of screen time scattered over some 600 hours of movies and TV shows. The fact that you feel it is one of the most important things in the game does not mean they feel it is, nor anyone else with a personal preference on the forum.

Edit: HERE is the last time anyone talked about the Ambassador, and CapnLogan states not before December at the earliest. Dstahl's last post about the Ambassador was made 11/13/10. IE, nearly 11 months ago, and even in that post he just said they would like to do it at some point - along with a Vesta and the Andorian ship. He did not "promise" it.
Lt. Commander
# 42
09-30-2011, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS_Merriman
To clarify,....When something is promised a year ago, and is still actively being pushed back, then yes, I believe we have the right to start questioning whether it will "actually" come to fruition. At some point, everyone begins to have their doubts. I am an optimist by nature, however the Devs cannot provide an answer as to when launch will be, instead they have spread themselves "too thin" starting 50 Billion other projects, instead of just finishing and polishing ONE project they promised a long time ago. My point being, they should not "promise something", and push it back 50 times. I can name 50 things that the Devs have begun working on long after they mentioned the Ambassador Class. They don't find it important. They should just come forth and announce it.
with other projects we get leaked screen shots and stuff....that would make me happy for now let me know its actuly getting worked on
Lt. Commander
# 43
09-30-2011, 12:23 PM
yes , we gather you're an ambassador fan , kudos to you , but *****ing about it on the forum isnt going to make it come sooner sadly , there are many things more important in the game that need the development teams attention at this moment in time .
If its on the list of things to work on , it'll be done , but you're going to have to wait
Lt. Commander
# 44
09-30-2011, 01:28 PM
I would love to see this ship in sto.
Lt. Commander
# 45 Really?
09-30-2011, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Please show me anywhere that it was "promised."

Saying it is coming at some point is not the same thing as saying it is coming on Monday. Christmas is "coming" but we still have to go through Halloween and Thanksgiving first.

It should be clear, based on when it comes out, how important they feel it is to the game: IE, it is nowhere near a top priority for them. And why should it be? We are talking about a ship that has a combined 10 minutes of screen time scattered over some 600 hours of movies and TV shows. The fact that you feel it is one of the most important things in the game does not mean they feel it is, nor anyone else with a personal preference on the forum.

Edit: HERE is the last time anyone talked about the Ambassador, and CapnLogan states not before December at the earliest. Dstahl's last post about the Ambassador was made 11/13/10. IE, nearly 11 months ago, and even in that post he just said they would like to do it at some point - along with a Vesta and the Andorian ship. He did not "promise" it.
Do you just like to disagree? Here's a post for the Ambassador Class...."Ambassador Class (Season 4: December 2011, before 2012)"...I'm certain you could tell me the website I took that from, as well the interview links which suggest a future date (since changed). End of September, now December (at the earliest). There was a posting somewhere originally even pre-September from a long, long time ago too.

I agree with the previous message. I would be absolutely STOked with a simple screenshot, just to know that they have begun the project. It's not even about the ship, just a simple YES "in process" , as opposed to pushing it back again.
Lt. Commander
# 46
10-02-2011, 08:29 PM
Quote:
The goal of the Variant project over the next 6 month is to make new T2 to T4 ships for both sides. That means the Ambassador will come it at either T2 or T3 - as Venture is the new T4 ship.
i dont necessarlitly agree with this statement. as the ambassador class was figured into their plans b4 they made this 6 month statment.. the ambassador could easily come out as a stand alone ship to fit in where ever the devs feel it fits best (which who knows... knowing the way they mess the ships up, the ambassador will either be a t6 ship or a t0 lol...)

however, the only thing i care about is a skin at t5...

also, for all those saying the lakota took on the defiant.. well, in the show, they referred to the ambassador as a work horse and one of the more sturdy ships ever built. and i know that was said on screen.. (just watched an episode the other day..) also it does make connical sense, that if you could refit an excelsior ( which is older than dirt) than you could refit an ambassador in the same fashion... ( this does not open the discussion up for t5 connies, in this century, there would only be a few around anymore.. they are far and few between, and most are in the smithsonian lol...) all the other ships (minus the nx monstrosity) are all modern day still widely in use ships...) ( and they do make reference to there not being many connies around in an episode, saying they are all but extinct, that only a few still remain...)

i think the ambassador should come out as a tier 3.5, and have a t5 retrofit... this ship definatly deserves a retrofit... and it would be nice to have a fresh ship to play around with..

and i still support moving the sovriegn to the front of the line for some attention... they should swap the stats for the excelsior and the sovreign, that would alleviate alot of the problems...
Lt. Commander
# 47
10-03-2011, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putnam
also, for all those saying the lakota took on the defiant.. well, in the show, they referred to the ambassador as a work horse and one of the more sturdy ships ever built. and i know that was said on screen.. (just watched an episode the other day..)
Out of pure curiousity because I have absolutely no clue which episode you're referring to, since you watched the episode where it was said "the other day" could you please tell me which one you mean?
Lt. Commander
# 48
10-03-2011, 04:41 AM
Quote:
The Ambassador seems like a T3 ship to me - and with the new Variant buffs (extra BOff Skill, extra console slot, extra console) it would be T3.5 over a standard T3 Excelsior.

So we have:

Enterprise: T1 TOS Connie
Ent-Refit/A: T2 TMP Connie
Ent-B: T3 Excelsior
Ent-C: T3.5 Ambassador
Ent-D: T4 Galaxy
Ent-E: T5 Sovereign
Ent-F: T5.5 Odyssey
Probably right.
But I think the standard Ambassador will be T3.5 and a refit version will be T5 albeit in the Enterprice C skin.
Why? Because it was part of the enterprise family and this is despite the fact that its the older version...

Either that or its another Galaxy or Excelsior skin variant
Lt. Commander
# 49
10-03-2011, 05:00 AM
As T5, I'd say the so-called Yamaguchi version would be more fitting.

there is an interesting comparison between the two different incarnations here:

http://ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/ambassador.htm

it seems like the appearances after "Yesterday's Enterprise" feature the more modern incarnation with the exception of stock-footage use, indiactaing it's the standard appearance of the Ambassador in the TNG era.

Repeating the treatment we saw with the Excelsior would be good, there they made the Star Trek VI Excelsior the T3 model and the Star Trek VII/Lakota model the T5 one with the option to use the STVI if you prefer.

On the Ambassador, the Enterprise-C version as the lower-tier model (whatever tier) and the Yamaguchi as a second option for the T5 option with the choice for the player to use the Enterprise-C when preferred and everything would be fine IMO.
Lt. Commander
# 50
10-03-2011, 09:55 AM
This ship deserves to be in the game. MAKE IT SO!!!!

I

WANT

MY

AMBASSADOR!!!!