Lt. Commander
# 51
10-03-2011, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer View Post
This ship deserves to be in the game. MAKE IT SO!!!!

I

WANT

MY

AMBASSADOR!!!!
Here:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...dtop_coupe.JPG

:p
Lt. Commander
# 52
10-03-2011, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
If your going do to an Ambassador car, skip the AMC and gor fo this one;

http://www.bharijfabricators.com/ambassador.html
Lt. Commander
# 53
10-03-2011, 06:01 PM
a lot of people want the ambassador , but tbh the federation get enough ships and stuff as it is , be nice to see a little more for the klingons instead of catering to the demands for specific ( and obscure ) classes
Lt. Commander
# 54
10-03-2011, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whipplor View Post
a lot of people want the ambassador , but tbh the federation get enough ships and stuff as it is , be nice to see a little more for the klingons instead of catering to the demands for specific ( and obscure ) classes
I would argue that the Ambassador is far less obscure than many ships in the game. We have 4 (soon to be 5) Defiant style ships and four Galaxy style ships. I'm not arguing against the Klink's not having as many ship styles, but Klingon and diversity can be presumed to be two seperate notions in themselves.
Lt. Commander
# 55
10-04-2011, 10:50 AM
I suppose , but for all the clamoring about the ambassador , its not seen or mentioned much.. even the Oberth class has had more screentime
Lt. Commander
# 56
10-04-2011, 12:13 PM
Though the Ambassador is a classic ship, being the predecessor to the Galaxy class and all, I'd rather see Cryptic stop looking to the past and make more futuristic ships like the did with the Venture. Now a T3.5 would probably fit OR remove the T4 Galaxy(skins included) and replace it with a T4 Ambassador with skins included. That way you could "potentially" have a steady evolution of the Enterprise line. I say "potentially" because there are some who won't buy the TOS or NX because they are anti-C$tore or don't see the benifit of the T1 ships. As far as the KDF ships go, I coulda sworn I had read in one of the "Ask Crpytic" notes that there were plans on releasing 20 KDF ships to bring them in line with the Fed ships.
Lt. Commander
# 57
10-04-2011, 12:28 PM
that'd be good , i mean , i play fed atm but anyone can see the huge discrepancy in the two fleet sizes , though i suppose its not really cryptics fault , seeing as star trek focuses on the feds , its only natural there are more ships out there for them in the films , tv and book series' , just doesnt factor well for a game
Lt. Commander
# 58
10-04-2011, 02:39 PM
Its more like cryptic is desgining thier own version of what star trek has already e.g. galaxy and venture even though the venture desgin is brilliantand i can see it being in a star trek show and movie. Thats what I think. They are trying to keep it different yet with the elements of the ship still thier. Like how a tv series and movies of the same thing are actually different but the elements are there.
Lt. Commander
# 59
10-05-2011, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whipplor View Post
I suppose , but for all the clamoring about the ambassador , its not seen or mentioned much.. even the Oberth class has had more screentime
The Ambassador was shown or mentioned altogether in six episodes (twice as often as the Norway) and the reason why she did not make any more appearances after that was because noone had bothered to turn her into a CGI model.

We also have two distinct subvaraints, which is as many as the Sovereign has.

The Ambassador class also had more on screen appearances than the Negh'var when we not count the silly Regent's "Mobile Starbase" version.

We also saw an Ambassador Class engage a Borg Cube, which is as often as an Oberth.

So I'd like to respectfully disagree with your assesment of "not much".
Lt. Commander
# 60
10-05-2011, 06:02 AM
yes thats true , but compare it to how many times an excelsior is seen , or a galaxy ( even not counting the D )
Federation fleet wise its really not seen much , yes there are a few notable apperences , but considering it was the federations flagship class for a time ( such as the excelsior and galaxy ) , there seem to be woefully few of them about