Lt. Commander
# 1 New Idea for C-Store
12-02-2011, 11:01 AM
I know this may seem a bit unfair to others and a bit radical, but I think it will boost membership and help to keep those that are subscribers from going FTP.
With the removal of the VA tokens it is now a need to buy the retrofits. Instead of Gold Memebers having to go through and buy each and everyone, maybe it would be a good idea to do a bundle at a discounted price for Gold Members, and make it unavailable to Silver members, or for a larger price. I think this would balance out nicely and you would see a temporary boost in sales, and in the end possibly in all.
A few "Gold Member only" items in C-store would promote people into paying for gold, as well as give a bit of an edge.
But this may just be a suggestion from a raving lunatic.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-02-2011, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragreder View Post
I know this may seem a bit unfair to others and a bit radical, but I think it will boost membership and help to keep those that are subscribers from going FTP.
With the removal of the VA tokens it is now a need to buy the retrofits. Instead of Gold Memebers having to go through and buy each and everyone, maybe it would be a good idea to do a bundle at a discounted price for Gold Members, and make it unavailable to Silver members, or for a larger price. I think this would balance out nicely and you would see a temporary boost in sales, and in the end possibly in all.
A few "Gold Member only" items in C-store would promote people into paying for gold, as well as give a bit of an edge.
But this may just be a suggestion from a raving lunatic.
Not a bad idea, but one of the things that has been mentioned by devs (no source on hand, sorry) is that doing so opens the C-Store to exploitation. A Silver member would pay $15 for a month to become Gold, and then take advantage of "Gold Only" specials, before lapsing back to Silver at the end of the month.

I know one idea that players have vocalized (again no links. no time to dig them up ) is that these "Gold Only" ideas be linked to vet rewards, thereby requiring to have subscribed for X number of days to prevent exploitation.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-02-2011, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianBandgeek View Post
Not a bad idea, but one of the things that has been mentioned by devs (no source on hand, sorry) is that doing so opens the C-Store to exploitation. A Silver member would pay $15 for a month to become Gold, and then take advantage of "Gold Only" specials, before lapsing back to Silver at the end of the month.

I know one idea that players have vocalized (again no links. no time to dig them up ) is that these "Gold Only" ideas be linked to vet rewards, thereby requiring to have subscribed for X number of days to prevent exploitation.
Yeah, I've heard the exact same things.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-02-2011, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianBandgeek View Post

Except that the gold members he is talking about are the lifetime subscribers who pay $300 in one shot.