Lt. Commander
# 11
09-17-2011, 05:23 PM
Its not just our poor PvP heros that get scrambled constantly.

EVERYONE does... its the most unfun mechanic in the game. It is so OBVIOUS that Craptic doesn't get that, its beyond laughable at this point.

Bob is a nice guy, he sucks it up.
Hale is a nice guy, he sucks it up.
Many of my other friends have already left. Some of them tell me things like "I'll come back to STO when "X" (they named names) Comes to my house puckers up and kisses my left "Y" (left out the naughty bit there)"

Honestly to not only buff it (bug fix or not), but to release a Paid for version for people that don't fly ships that can spam it....... my god are you guys complete Morons or what ?
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-17-2011, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHorizon
I hear ya yak. I spent last night in a daze.

Maybe why I pre ordered SWTOR today.
Yeah, but it's going to be ground based primarily. If I want to do ground, I may as well play MW3, BF3, or something else.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-17-2011, 06:22 PM
First, Scramble Sensors is being reviewed, and the issue you have mentioned is being investigated to see what we can do at a technical level.

Second, just to be clear, Scramble Sensors was not buffed, if buffed is defined as a strengthening of the power because we thought it was weak; the delay in firing time was a bug.

The fact is that there is a huge backlog of issues we are dealing with, and in this case a bug unfortunately was fixed before a problematic power as a whole could be reviewed and dealt with.

We are very aware of how frustrating Scramble Sensors is functioning at the moment, and are working to get an effective solution out as soon as possible.
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-17-2011, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
First, Scramble Sensors is being reviewed, and the issue you have mentioned is being investigated to see what we can do at a technical level.

Second, just to be clear, Scramble Sensors was not buffed, if buffed is defined as a strengthening of the power because we thought it was weak; the delay in firing time was a bug.

The fact is that there is a huge backlog of issues we are dealing with, and in this case a bug unfortunately was fixed before a problematic power as a whole could be reviewed and dealt with.

We are very aware of how frustrating Scramble Sensors is functioning at the moment, and are working to get an effective solution out as soon as possible.
If this is the case, why was a console released that only highlights the problem more that can be used on a ship that normally would have it?
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-17-2011, 06:28 PM
Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-17-2011, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
If this is the case, why was a console released that only highlights the problem more that can be used on a ship that normally would have it?
I was about to post something of this nature. Bug fixes are welcome, but the console is what makes me feel like this is some sort of sick joke.

Thanks for the response though.
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-17-2011, 06:48 PM
Quote:

Yeah... I just hope that the adjustments to Scramble Sensors come out BEFORE free to play.. Because right now I am feeling like that is when all the fixes are slated to try to be released for..

Thank you for ever for being Vocal on the matter in the past couple of topics that have sprung up concerning this issue. (On a Side note, I recall a suggested statement made that there might be a target change where Scramble can only affect 5 Targets. While that might be useful way to severly nerf Scramble, it doesn't fix it's underlineing problems and bugs that it currently has. Slows them down, but doesn't fix them...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheYak
I was about to post something of this nature. Bug fixes are welcome, but the console is what makes me feel like this is some sort of sick joke.

Thanks for the response though.
Yes, I was going to make a post my self in the very same manner. Again I don't exactly hate the new console. But it is a nuscance of a power.

Sure the way to negate the power is either A: Science team, or B: Stay out of it's range.. How ever in the way the combat is designed from a PVP perspective, you can't really rely on being able to have Science Team avaliable all the time.

If they removed the shared global cool down from the Team skills, it might help at least aleviate this issue. Granted it still doesn't solve the Scramble Sensors bugs, but it would be nice if the Team powers didn't each put the others on a Global cool down where PVP is concerned.. Just a thought...
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-17-2011, 07:04 PM
We've known for a while now that the left hand isn't always up to speed on what the right hand is doing. I'm not happy about the addition of the console, but I can't honestly say I'm surprised.
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-17-2011, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
Yeah... I just hope that the adjustments to Scramble Sensors come out BEFORE free to play.. Because right now I am feeling like that is when all the fixes are slated to try to be released for..

Thank you for ever for being Vocal on the matter in the past couple of topics that have sprung up concerning this issue. (On a Side note, I recall a suggested statement made that there might be a target change where Scramble can only affect 5 Targets. While that might be useful way to severly nerf Scramble, it doesn't fix it's underlineing problems and bugs that it currently has. Slows them down, but doesn't fix them...)
Any changes to Scramble Sensor, Tactical Team and Boarding Party are intended for prior to F2P. The major power fix I can recall being scheduled for F2P is the carrier fixes due to them being very extensive and have repercussions with other things still in the pipeline.

Every AoE in the game is supposed to have a max targets of no more than 5 targets. Scramble Sensors did not have its max targets set, which severely exacerbated the issues with the power. This is indeed being fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-17-2011, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Any changes to Scramble Sensor, Tactical Team and Boarding Party are intended for prior to F2P. The major power fix I can recall being scheduled for F2P is the carrier fixes due to them being very extensive and have repercussions with other things still in the pipeline.

Every AoE in the game is supposed to have a max targets of no more than 5 targets. Scramble Sensors did not have its max targets set, which severely exacerbated the issues with the power. This is indeed being fixed.
Glad to hear it... now it just needs the same treatment Jam sensors was giving and where set.