Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
09-17-2011, 07:19 PM
Honestly SS1 and SS2 is not a big deal.
Both cases the player gives up something to take that skill.

Only SS3 is a problem because it becomes a must take if it is allowed.
You don't need any other commander science powers if you can perma-scramble an entire team.

Sure you can try to make a perma scramble ss1-2 team but you severely weaken your healing.

SS can still be self cleared if you know how to do it properly and is easily cleared by teammates.


If you make scramble sensors too easy to self clear or weaken their strength anymore and they go from a situational ability to another power nobody would bother using, like jam sensors. Then tac teams and healing becomes even more OP and we are back to slow and retarded boring game play.

The only changes needed for SS are,
SS3 should be removed from the game and SS1-2 should have their durations reduced by a 1/4.



As far as the scramble console, It is one of the worst ideas in STO. You give up almost nothing to take this and it just makes federation cruisers even more defensive, a defensive power on a defensive ship, unlike the isometric charge which is a offensive power on a defensive ship (completely useless)

Honestly i encourage all serious pvp teams and premades to play by the OPVP rules while pugging. When you fight other teams who play by the same standard you have much more fun overall. You can't control pugs obviously but pugs will never stand up to a premade.
These last couple of OPVP tourny matches have been some of the most fun that i have ever played when there is no overpowered AOE abilities like FAW, torp spreads and SS3.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
09-17-2011, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Any changes to Scramble Sensor, Tactical Team and Boarding Party are intended for prior to F2P. The major power fix I can recall being scheduled for F2P is the carrier fixes due to them being very extensive and have repercussions with other things still in the pipeline.

Every AoE in the game is supposed to have a max targets of no more than 5 targets. Scramble Sensors did not have its max targets set, which severely exacerbated the issues with the power. This is indeed being fixed.
Wait, your telling me that charged partical burst, grav well, tykens rift, photonic shockwave, tricobalt explosions are all only supposed to hit up to 5 targets? When was this announced/said?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
09-17-2011, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Any changes to Scramble Sensor, Tactical Team and Boarding Party are intended for prior to F2P. The major power fix I can recall being scheduled for F2P is the carrier fixes due to them being very extensive and have repercussions with other things still in the pipeline.

Every AoE in the game is supposed to have a max targets of no more than 5 targets. Scramble Sensors did not have its max targets set, which severely exacerbated the issues with the power. This is indeed being fixed.
Thanks for the response.

Not sure if capping Scramble's targets to 5 will fix everything. But it feels like a step in the right direction. (Makes Mines/NPC spam viable to help neutralize Scramble and makes it a more stratigic targeting device..) I guess as long as the issue with Scramble causing Evasive maneuvers to misfire (And maybe others?) that would also be a BIG help.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
09-17-2011, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
Wait, your telling me that charged partical burst, grav well, tykens rift, photonic shockwave, tricobalt explosions are all only supposed to hit up to 5 targets? When was this announced/said?
Probably the same time as the warp core max 5 targets was introduced, putting and end to leveling missions from the foundry.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
09-17-2011, 07:47 PM
Yes agreed. SS work needs higher priority than TT work. But it seems according to Heretic's post these are both problem children by Cryptic and hope to fix it better than the typical Soon(tm). So if there is a hierarchy Heretic, please move SS up the list from TT.

Also, thanks much for responding on a Saturday evening! Dayam you guys do work long and hard!

Cheers
Craig
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
09-17-2011, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxcraig View Post
Yes agreed. SS work needs higher priority than TT work. But it seems according to Heretic's post these are both problem children by Cryptic and hope to fix it better than the typical Soon(tm). So if there is a hierarchy Heretic, please move SS up the list from TT.

Cheers
Craig
Agreed.. If there were a Need to fix list I think it would be:

1 Scramble Sensors
2 Tactical Team
3 Boarding Party
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
09-17-2011, 07:57 PM
Torp spread3 does up to 9 targets, but its not aoe right?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
09-17-2011, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
Agreed.. If there were a Need to fix list I think it would be:

1 Scramble Sensors
2 Tactical Team
3 Boarding Party
1. Scramble
2. Torp Spread
3. Tac Team
4. Boarding Party
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
09-17-2011, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceroid View Post
1. Scramble
2. Torp Spread
3. Tac Team
4. Boarding Party
yeah Torp Spread is just a touch OP at the moment. When a BO3 misses but a TS3 one-shots someone through full shields, that's kind of whack.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
09-17-2011, 08:14 PM
1. SS
2. Sci Fleet
3. Torp spread (Yes sorry Cryptic needs remedial math classes)
4. Tac Team
5. Boarding Party
6. Aux to Bat ? lol

To be clear seeing as it wasn't obvious to them obviously... YOU CAN"T make a multi hit dmg ability calculate all the dmg as one number it makes for super crits dumb dumbs. Torp Spread > Tric. Not cool. lol

Second edit... I mean Dumb Dumbs in a nice way. lol Thanks for responding on a weekend.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:50 PM.