Lt. Commander
I know the arrow keys push power to the intended shield drawing power from the other shields to do so.
However to distribute power evenly I've been just clicking the ship on screen.
What is the keypress for distribute shields?

Is there a key to toggle impulse power?
Again I find myself increasing my throttle to full then having to click the impulse power thingie on screen.

I seem to have two ways of shooting my weapons. On seems to be a charged burst and the other is a standard fire method. However I do not know how to control it. I seem to be doing something but cannot figure out what.

I may have more questions later...
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-21-2011, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engraverwilliam View Post
I know the arrow keys push power to the intended shield drawing power from the other shields to do so.
However to distribute power evenly I've been just clicking the ship on screen.

Again I find myself increasing my throttle to full then having to click the impulse power thingie on screen.

I seem to have two ways of shooting my weapons. On seems to be a charged burst and the other is a standard fire method. However I do not know how to control it. I seem to be doing something but cannot figure out what.

I may have more questions later...
On the options part of the UI, take a look thru the keybinds tab.

The 2 modes of fire was handled in the tutorial, the expose or exploit will be there on the power bar, usually in the #2 spot.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-21-2011, 04:37 PM
Quote:
... to distribute power evenly I've been just clicking the ship on screen.
I think it used to be Delete, but I'm not sure if that's still the case...
But, you can open your powers window and drag Distribute Shields to a numbered slot.

Quote:
R
As mentioned in the post above you can change this in the keybind area of the options menu.

Quote:
The first is a standard bolt, The other is secondary power (usually with a chance to exploit or expose) . What it does is dependent on what weapon you're using.
To find out, mouse over the weapon and hold it there, you'll see the info window pop up. it will say what both abilities do.
on a tangent... if you have an exploit weapon and tap the G key when any enemy is highlighted with the exposed debuff, you will automatically target the exposed enemy... if you fire on the exposed enemy with an exploit ability, then you have a good chance to vaporize them. which is nifty.