Lt. Commander
# 1 Fed Tac Cruiser Cap.. at VA1
09-12-2011, 09:12 AM
So I made VA1 recently, I am a fed tactical officer that has played cruisers since the begining.

Currently I am in a dreadnought and spent essentially all the emblems I had on gear etc...

I need some help deciding how best to respec my character so that I can continue to be decent in ground PvE and hold up well in space.

I know I will get a few "if yoru tac you should not be in a cruiser" but so be it.. I'm not rerolling and hate the leveling grind.

Any advice that is constructive is appreciated.

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-13-2011, 11:55 AM
Advice for what goal?

More dps, better survival? looking prettier?
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-13-2011, 02:53 PM
It would also be helpful for us to know what powers you are using.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-14-2011, 04:37 PM
If it's for PvE:

Lt Tac; FAW 1, Beta 1
Ens Tac: FAW 1
Cmdr Eng: EPtW 1, EngTeam 2, EPtS 3, EWP 3
LtC Eng: EPtW 1, EngTeam 2, EPtS 3
Lt Sci: HE 1, HE 2 (if you're grinding Borg. If not, HE 1, TSS 2)
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-14-2011, 04:54 PM
If it's a DPS cruiser you want, seriously consider the Excelsior class, or even the assault cruiser if you don't like the excelsior.

And yes, you CAN have a tac / cruiser build in PvP, but realize you're going to be focused and blow up quicker without team support.

Look for a fleet who likes to PvP as you do. The 528th is fun and keeps things casual. Even when we make a team for PvP, it's really just the first 5 who X up first in fleet chat that get invited.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-15-2011, 08:58 AM
As tac you don't need any ground points for pve. Just grab the Fire Team kit, a Pulsewave and the Type 3 Phaser rifle from Night of the Comet Devidian Mission.

Furthermore equip your away team with either pulsewave or miniguns and train them Mine Barrier1, Phaser Turret 1/2, Quantum Mortar 2 (Eng ones). You should be able to play every mission within 10mins. (Except for STFs of course)

This way you can save a lot of skill points and have more for your space build.
Lt. Commander
# 7 You know what make me angry?
09-15-2011, 04:25 PM
I hate the fact that I had to sacrifice all my ground skills just to beef up my ship. I really think that is BS, and your ground skill level should have nothing to do with your space skill level. Also other online games allow you to max out all your skills. You just have to improve them individually. Why do you think nobody plays ground PVP? Its because they had to weaken the ground skills to better the space skills. What is it for us Vice Admiral people to do or get? What our reward? Why give us skill points when you won't let us use them? I have bought everything that was VA level and its not enough. I need a goal. These dailies are getting boring and to useless because there is not new devices or equipment to add to my ship. Can't you make the game so allow you to earn or buy mor slots for your ship such as Bridge officer slot levels? We cruiser pilots are tired of just using a LT TAC for weap buffs. Its time to give us what we earned. We went through all the trouble promoting and training our bridge officers just to not us their full potential.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-17-2011, 04:53 PM
Which is best for crusiers, tac, eng or sci officer and what will each one do for the crusier ship i'll use?
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-18-2011, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAJ_2011
Which is best for crusiers, tac, eng or sci officer and what will each one do for the crusier ship i'll use?
There is no ship which is called *best* cruiser. Each cruiser has its different meaning.

For example, Excelsior is an attack ship because it has a Lt. Com Tac station. It is great for Tac/cruiser but as well as Eng/cruiser.

Star Cruiser is rather a support ship with the additional Ensign Science slot. The Assault Cruiser is a mixture of both. It can have good DPS and healing at the same time with the Ensign/Lieutenant Tac Bridge Officer slot.

So in my opinion it just depends which way you want to play.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-18-2011, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3w
There is no ship which is called *best* cruiser. Each cruiser has its different meaning.

For example, Excelsior is an attack ship because it has a Lt. Com Tac station. It is great for Tac/cruiser but as well as Eng/cruiser.

Star Cruiser is rather a support ship with the additional Ensign Science slot. The Assault Cruiser is a mixture of both. It can have good DPS and healing at the same time with the Ensign/Lieutenant Tac Bridge Officer slot.

So in my opinion it just depends which way you want to play.
So it does really matter which career path I choose? I always fly crusiers and I was curious if I was to choose a tac officer or a science officer instead of a engineer flying a assult cruiser.