Lt. Commander
((Did not know if I should post this in Starbase one since this will not be a Fleet))

I would like to find a few Captains (even if your rank is LT - VA) who would like to form a society of Captains, via our friends list, that will want to RP whenever we are on. You can be apart of a Fleet or 20 Fleets, it does not matter. I just want to find a group of like minded people who have ship and crew and would want to RP from the moment the sign on with that toon till they log off or switch that would want to take STO to that next level.

Anytime I am on, I am RPing. I try so hard to RP solo. I have signed up with Daedalus Omega, which is an awesome Fleet especially if you like D&D style of RPing. I had only one toon that I played with since Pre Start and RPed him even to this date. The toon I created for my Daedalus Fleet is my younger self, still young and inexperienced. Full of life and ambitions, but can't hold a phaser rifle steady enough to scare a Ferengi. My main toon, is a Captain with VA privileges, after I turned down the promotion but did so much for the Federation I was allowed Vice Admiral level clearance as well as Diplomatic Immunity. My main toon will be in this Starfleet Starship Captain Alliance...SSCA for short. He currently flies a Sovereign retro fit designed by things my Engineering Chief and crew has done to enhance our performance in battle. I am a Tactical officer at heart, starting my career off as Security officer on the Okinami, a Prometheus class starship. My current crew I have met along the way and have a bond with each one of my officers and they trust me with their lives, and I them.

(see its easy)

So, with this said...
I know it might seem hard to see how this might be fun if you have reached VA and have been for some time now. But what I would like to do is create a group of Captains who either need to level their Captains up and wouldn't mind RPing each mission. We can play each mission on Elite and if your a Doctor YOUR responsible for healing. No Doctor? Then we will need a combat medic, who will be responsible for healing. Going to conduct a mission where we have to do some console work, the Engineer will handle all consoles and engineering type tasks. Tactical officer? Your in front and in charge of bringing the PEW PEW. Or, we Captains who just want to have random stuff happen via RP in a chat window, or vivox, and just feed of each others reaction to different things we can imagine. For instance:

When you log on create a scenario and hail other Captains, via friends list, and involve them in what you have created. You can have a foundry mission, you can just leave yourself stranded in sector space, or stranded inside a system (even if it is one we have played a million times) and create a scenario out of the map you are on. Beam others to your bridge to have them meet you to discuss the negotiations between two cultures on a brink of civil war. Have an engineer beam aboard to fix your transwarp drive or re-modulate your sensor array. What ever one can imagine and wants to involve others on. Need to investigate an alien species, before making first contact? Grab some Tactical officers with Stealth capabilities and beam down to an exploration mission in a society of civilians ((baddies)) and stealth around collecting information on their technology ((scan-able items amongst enemies)) so you can send Starfleet a report of your findings before making first contact. The ides is only limited to what you have created and want to share with others (like I said even if we have played it a million times before).

If your not good at creating scenarios but want to experience Star Trek like you have only seen on TV or in the Movies, then just come on and play STO and wait to be hailed by one of Starfleet's Captains in need of assistance. When you get the hang of it, you try and create something Trek and send a subspace transmission.

Your a Klingon Captain? Why not get involved by having a secret kinship with a Starfleet Captain who saved your butt or you his or hers and just felt they fought with honor enough to let him live.

Romulan Captain (no Romulan Empire Faction)? Why not make an alliance with a Federation Captain, the Empire needs all the help they can get right now?

Ferengi Trader? You got the lobes? Rule of Acquisition #33 Peace is good for business?

Marquis Captain who made it out alive, living secretly trying to still protect their people?

Marauder Captain? Well you get the point...

I can even go a step farther and say...

Klingon Captain? Be an arch rivalry, there is a Challenge player option.

Romulan, Ferengi, Cardassian, Orion, whatever? Be an arch rival.

Make your toon legendary amongst your fellow friends and Captains.

Why keep running each level over and over again alone when you can run each level over and over again with a purpose and Trek feeling behind it.

If your like me or like what you read, then add me and we can talk further to iron out the little details and hopefully allow us to experience Star Trek like never before.

D.STEEL@D.STEEL

If your not into to this, laughed all the way through my post, or wondered what I have been smoking then this might not be for you. But thanks for reading!
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-18-2011, 05:09 PM
Send me a friend invite at @rayvenwing. I don't get to play much but I'm always up for rp.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-18-2011, 05:16 PM
I'm already in a fleet, though I try to RP when I can. Mostly I RP with my Beaumont characters - Reina, Karen and Kate Beaumont. I'm not sure if you'll be able to read their bios that I've written for them in this game.
I haven't had a chance to RP with Kate Beaumont yet though, I RP with my main - Reina Beaumont - often while writing her story out and I'm in the process of writing a story about an action that Karen Beaumont took that resulted in her daughter, Kate Beaumont, seeking her mother out to ask her why she was born the way she is.

However I've found getting any RP in STO to be rare and limited, and usually ruined by someone who hates RP and ruining it for those who are being in character.
It would be nice to be able to RP more, but the chances aren't very likely.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-18-2011, 09:17 PM
I will add you rayvenwing and you Reina, thanks for the response and I look forward to RPing with yall.

I have some interesting ideas of RPing. One which I haven't seen that much of was RPing in space.
Most of the shows involve something happening in space, minus DS9 for obvious reasons.

I would like to introduce more of that without displaying it all here and instead just feed of each others reaction to certain things that could happen in space. I see allot of RPing being done on ground or in a station but now I am n a kick where I fly up to other ships sitting outside a system and Hail them asking if they need assistance. Even if it is just help with a mission I RP it out and they either sit there with a strange look on their face as they read my RP or hear me stuff like "Draw their fire as I try and flank them" or "Shields are down on their port side, firing high yield torpedoes!" or they play long. In between groups I RP any repairs or just small talk.

So I guess you can say I force them to be involved with my RP sessions or they never respond to my hails.

Either way flying around sector space trying to help others if you want to call it that, or I just call it "open hailing frequencies, and ask if we may be of any assistance" or "are you need of any assistance"

If people don't want o RP or knows what it is or like, they will get some experience whether they like it or not...lol.

But I will add yall.

I play usually late every night from 1130pm or 12am to as late as I an keep my eyes open which is usually 5 or 6 am. But hen I am off I usually play most of the day and patrol sector space serving the Federation.

As far as those haters, I click ignore and ignore. I might want to create a channel for us SSCA members and use that channel for hailing other Captains and for RPs and such. The only thing I dont like about channel RP is others who like the sessions, other than the haters, will either be drawn to the idea and hope on board but like Reina said, more haters out there than RPers. But here is to optimism *raises glass*!

=/\=
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-18-2011, 09:57 PM
I have never been a big RP'er, but I do like to listen to others RPing. I find it interesting and refreshing. For me, it gives the station I am at a new life about it. However, lately, I have started to sort of RP in my head on my Commander Sci character. The away team that I take with her are her personal guard and dressed with the Section 31 uniform (would use the mecernary, but BO's can't wear that ). My two VA's I consider to be captains and never updated their rank past that.

I am becoming more interested in RP, but just have no idea where to start or what to do really. I am going to the field this week and won't be back til sometime on Friday, but I would like to be included and helped out in starting to RP.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-18-2011, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by machocyclone View Post
I have never been a big RP'er, but I do like to listen to others RPing. I find it interesting and refreshing. For me, it gives the station I am at a new life about it. However, lately, I have started to sort of RP in my head on my Commander Sci character. The away team that I take with her are her personal guard and dressed with the Section 31 uniform (would use the mecernary, but BO's can't wear that ). My two VA's I consider to be captains and never updated their rank past that.

I am becoming more interested in RP, but just have no idea where to start or what to do really. I am going to the field this week and won't be back til sometime on Friday, but I would like to be included and helped out in starting to RP.
The more the merrier!
As far as where to start, just be yourself and play it out how you like and its up to the others your RPing with to feed off of what you say and so forth. Kinda like Real Life just in Star Trek lingo and terminology.

The thing about RPing is making something out of thin air and the other people, or person, to just use their imagination a little and to play the act out till there is a Star Trek ending.

Example:
If I hail you either PM or a channel (which I still think it would be better in local or zone chat as long as your prepared to hit ignore on the haters and elitist who only care about grinding and so forth), but I hail you and state that I have a virus running through my ship and it is causing my crew to be cloned throughout my ship and I need to find some cure or need medical assistance, you (if available) will respond to my hails and try to meet me at my location and beam aboard and you do what Doctors do, besides golf and charge too much for services, then if we have to head to sickbay or the science labs so you can develop a cure that can be administered or really whatever you can imagine and I will feed off of it.

Sounds so cut and dry when I try and type it out but really anything could happen. We might have to take your ship and head to a near by planet and try and find the herb or item we need to develop a cure. We might have to fight our way out or just hike out around a planet till we find what we are looking for. The key is to not feel silly by anything you do or say and just know if or when you feel silly that there is another person there with you playing along.

Thats why I think it would be cool to keep using the same Captain/toon so as there is some familiarity to each Captain but its not a big deal either way. But the other side is, you can keep a log in your Captains log where you can type in your own experience and even add supplemental notes. So you live your Captains life out and everyone playing with you is there to add to your fun and experience.

It dont have to be 24/7 thing just when ever you get a hail or subspace transmission, and you are available, respond and have fun. I just want to be Captain on my ship and incorporate others into the fun not just so they can have fun but so I can get that Star Trek feeling back in STO or out of STO, either way you can look at it.

Foundry missions, are a nice change even if it is short and not highly rated, they are still random missions that can be done together.

I think back to that episode where Mr Pick'rd meet up with the other Captains who thought an alien force had infiltrated Starfleet Command. Yall remember that one, where Riker had to eat live worms, just to keep up the fake act of being on their side? Or when, in DS9, Captains came to the aide of the station to defend against the Jem Hedar?

I ant to recreate those moments inside of STO and it can be done, Cryptic did a good job of adding things to help with ship interiors and social planets. We might need to go into Klingon space to do a survey of the Klingon Defense Force (via Diplomatic Immunity which I can provide if need be). All honesty, its whatever we can imagine and want to play out.

I sent you a FR and next time I see you on we will try some things and see if its fun to you. Either way no worries, we are just Captains and this is not a fleet you have to go to meetings and such just have fun when your tired of leveling or grinding out missions.

Look forward to meeting with you Captain and until then peace and safe journeys.

=/\=