Lt. Commander
So today I was in the Orellus Sector Block aiding some friends that were aiding the deferi.
A RED ALERT pops up and I decide my friends can help themself while I go stop the Borg menance!
I have done this several times before in other sector block, this time should be no different, right?

WRONG!

Three times did I fight the Borg and we lost every time. Teh first two times I thought maybe my teammates were simply no good, but the third time I was with guys that were both better then me and knew what they were doing. We killed four groups of Borg cubes in record time and set about the big command ship thingy!

But no matter what we did, we simply could not kill it. Everytime we did any considerable hull damage it just spawned more probes, and at one time there were so many probes flying around that I was unable to count them. I managed to get to 12 before I lost count since they were overlaping each other. The best we could do was bring the command ship thingy down to 65% hull and then it just regenreated back to 100% without any problems.

So. Has this happened to anyone else? Is this just bad luck, a bug, only happens in this sector block, or something else entirely? I did nor see anything about it in the release notes. Can anyone give me answers. This is incredibly frustrating!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-17-2011, 11:42 PM
You must destroy ONLY the REGEN probes, Orellius is stronger than all the other ones. You have to use a different technique.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-18-2011, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubnar View Post
Is this just bad luck, a bug, only happens in this sector block, or something else entirely?
I've never failed there, it's not that Hard.
"Do or Do Not, There is No Try"
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-18-2011, 08:46 PM
Fastest success I had with Orellius was today, whenwe had a Klingon carrier in the team, who wisely brought energy siphone probes into the fight.
Anything that reduces the boss' aux energy helps a lot, cause it reduces the probe spawn rate.
In fact I might try out the Breen set to get the energy siphon power for free, the extra tractor resistance probably does not hurt as well.
As has been said, destroy the regen probes. Usually I don't even worry about them, just hitting FAW takes care of them for the most part.
Then this is a map you shouuld not attempt without at least 3 VAs and no one below Captain rank. And Captains should make the most of their class.
You can't win this one all the time unless you only bring premades. Don't worry about it too much. Just try again.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-18-2011, 09:46 PM
I was there today (maybe the same team) we couldn't even get 2 of the 4 groups of Borg dead before the time ran out. I've done this will my 3 mains and this BY FAR was the hardest, I mean I wouldn't last 1 whole minute before getting shot down.

Only one other time have I not been able able to get to the "boss battle" at least then it was a lack of ships (only 3) and we at least took out 3 groups and were halfway with the fourth.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-19-2011, 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubnar View Post
So today I was in the Orellus Sector Block aiding some friends that were aiding the deferi.
A RED ALERT pops up and I decide my friends can help themself while I go stop the Borg menance!
I have done this several times before in other sector block, this time should be no different, right?

WRONG!

Three times did I fight the Borg and we lost every time. Teh first two times I thought maybe my teammates were simply no good, but the third time I was with guys that were both better then me and knew what they were doing. We killed four groups of Borg cubes in record time and set about the big command ship thingy!

But no matter what we did, we simply could not kill it. Everytime we did any considerable hull damage it just spawned more probes, and at one time there were so many probes flying around that I was unable to count them. I managed to get to 12 before I lost count since they were overlaping each other. The best we could do was bring the command ship thingy down to 65% hull and then it just regenreated back to 100% without any problems.

So. Has this happened to anyone else? Is this just bad luck, a bug, only happens in this sector block, or something else entirely? I did nor see anything about it in the release notes. Can anyone give me answers. This is incredibly frustrating!!
Grubnar, if you didn't already know, the Borg incursions in the Orellius Sector are the most difficult in the entire game. The Borg in Orellius are level 53. While VA characters maintain their weapons & skill, anyone below level 45 is only increased to level 45.

Since you didn't reference your level or those of the other players on your team, it's possible that's the problem. If you have 2 lower level players (Lt Comm or Comm), you will have a difficult time completing an incursion in Orellius. Have 3 lower levels, then you will never win. In both cases the lower level players handicap your team because they can't generate enough DPS even with their rank boosted to level 45. Also if you're the highest rank player on the team, be prepared to take a lot of damage because you will be the one taking all the agro from the Borg Boss ship & all the pets it spawns.

If your team included only high rank players, I would simple infer you didn't use the correct strategy of attack (please don't take any offense to this last comment, only trying to determine why you're having problems).

FYI, the Borg incursions in Zeta Andromeda will be somewhat difficult too. They involve Borg with level 51 ranks. All other sectors contain Borg with level 45 ranks.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-19-2011, 01:48 AM
I know the problem.

At the beginning I had little issues with the RAs, if I hadnt known before the Orelius is supposed to be harder I wouldnt even have recognized a diffrence. I fact I have all boss ships on my fed and KDF main, and all sectors (beside sirius on the KDF char for obvious reasons).

But now.... well occasionally when I'm doing the dailys in Orelius an RA pops and I go in.... and "we" lost almost every game during the last weeks.
I dont see anything recognizable that became HARDER... its more that the teams just suck... almost every time there are low-levels in, I rarely see any other VA/BG in it... People here can say as often as they want "low levels are no problem, bad teamplay is the issue", but I dont thing so. You cant beat orelius with mirandas, its not designed for that.
But I dont know if that is its all.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-19-2011, 02:10 AM
I have to agree with FirstAngelus. It took me three attempts to beat, the first 2 my team mates where just shooting all the probes and not concentrating fire on regens, then boss. On my last attempt the team cohesion was more obvious, popped all the regens then dragged down the boss in quick time. i
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-19-2011, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
I know the problem.

At the beginning I had little issues with the RAs, if I hadnt known before the Orelius is supposed to be harder I wouldnt even have recognized a diffrence. I fact I have all boss ships on my fed and KDF main, and all sectors (beside sirius on the KDF char for obvious reasons).

But now.... well occasionally when I'm doing the dailys in Orelius an RA pops and I go in.... and "we" lost almost every game during the last weeks.
I dont see anything recognizable that became HARDER... its more that the teams just suck... almost every time there are low-levels in, I rarely see any other VA/BG in it... People here can say as often as they want "low levels are no problem, bad teamplay is the issue", but I dont thing so. You cant beat orelius with mirandas, its not designed for that.
I would day that is a sign of the VA's having done all the accolades they can and don't bothering anymore or muchless then when the RAs live with doing them. Leading to much more lower level players in them, resulting in less success.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-19-2011, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
I know the problem.

I would day that is a sign of the VA's having done all the accolades they can and don't bothering anymore or muchless then when the RAs live with doing them. Leading to much more lower level players in them, resulting in less success.